TBM Post Release Survey is Out

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tarvas, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Triconix Augur

You must not be a reddit guy. Take a look at some of those threads and you'll find any game by Bethesda is about as immersive you can get. I haven't checked in awhile, but a few months ago there were quests in Skyrim still being discovered/completed. That's a single player game with no expansions released. Just vanilla Skyrim released 4 years ago. There has yet to be any EQ era as immersive as that.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Okay.
  3. code-zero Augur

So Reddit makes games more immersive? Exactly how does that work? Every time I've looked at reddit I see a badly formatted mess that makes old dial up BBS systems look organized and coherent
  4. Triconix Augur

Did you even read what I said? o_O

I said if you read reddit and go to the subthreads, for example /r/skyrim, you find discussions about people finding/doing quests still in Skyrim.

So let's take this thread for example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/3ym8tq/til_about_shalidors_maze_after_at_least_1000/ - posted 11 hours ago and this guy finally just learned about the existance of a single zone after 1,000 hours of gameplay in Skyrim(41.6x 24 hour days). That's pretty immersive if you ask me.

[IMG]

P.S. reddit is amazing and you can find literally all different types of threads there.
  5. Lynnia Augur

I didn't realize there was a survey until I saw this post, then I looked back and the survey link was appended at the end of an email with the "Thank You" video.
  6. code-zero Augur

Reddit is a disjointed mess that from my understanding of the up vote and down vote process allow effective mob rule over any subreddit.

BTW, finding easter eggs and other things isn't the same thing as being immersive by a long shot

In closing, Reddit really does suck and needs to go the way of MySpace as soon as possible
  7. Silv Augur

It's even worse for EQ since almost everything that's not a TLP issue gets sent to the bottom (by the TLPrs).
    code-zero likes this.
  8. code-zero Augur

Given that Smed and some of the other top people were a big deal on Reddit that pretty much explains the current sad state of affairs for EQ I'd think
    Silv likes this.
  9. Iila Augur

Jaylin, Mintalie and Silv like this.
  10. Triconix Augur

Unfortunately, you don't know the workings of Reddit. You need to unsub from the junk threads and subscribe in the ones you find worthwhile. There are very interesting subreddits with some great information, resources, documents, etc that could be used for education purposes. Then there's the more trivial stuff to waste time on like interesting pictures, gifs, memes etc - you know, what the EQ boards have become for the most part.

People just don't like what they don't understand or can't figure out.

Who said anything about easter eggs?

I would say that finding quests 4-5 years after a game is release is pretty immersive. Plus all the mods available to Skyrim which allows for even more immersion. Like I said before, Bethesda games are way more immersive than the cookie cutter state of EQ - from the graphics, to the hidden alternate quests, to the unmatched modding ability, to the open world platform, etc, etc. Just because there are other people logged into a game, doesn't make it more immersive.

Smed was a big deal on Reddit? The everquest forums have less than 4,000 subscribers. I wouldn't say that's a "big deal" lol
    Dre. likes this.
  11. Mintalie Augur

You found my theme song!
    Jaylin, Silv and Iila like this.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

I don't think I'm subscribed to a single default sub on any of my accounts. If default frontpage was all I saw on reddit, I'd hate it too.
    Silv likes this.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I told my wife I need to farm two sets of TBM augs for my paladin. She said have fun playing dress up with your dolls............./smh
    Silv likes this.
  14. code-zero Augur

I phrased that poorly, I mean that Smed was really big on reddit and spent a lot of time there following whatever the heck it was that he followed.

I tried to see what the fuss was with reddit for about a month and all I got was headaches. I really don't have the time or inclination to waste trying to do whatever it is that you're suppose to do there.

When someone was kind enough to explain that in various subreddits any dissenting posts could be beaten down and made to disappear I figured that told me everything I needed to know about the reliability of anything at all that came from there.
  15. Silv Augur

Darn... I thought this was your theme song:

Jaylin and Mintalie like this.
  16. Mintalie Augur

Busted... again.
    Iila and Silv like this.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You better have the Nyancat app on your phone ma'am....
  18. Silv Augur

I wanted to make it my ringtone but since my music isn't backed up on my current computer I would lose it all syncing. It makes me very sad :(
  19. Dre. Altoholic

There are view-sorting options. When "controversial" is what you're looking for, there's a setting for that. Some subreddits are better than others about encouraging and supporting attitudes that don't align with the hivemind.