tank style dps

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Whulfgar, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It used to be pretty darn minor prior to the stance change with the whole suppressing CA thing. Now it’s a noticeable difference (still doable, but I’m much more wary of multi mob pulls than before, especially with a dotting Druid or merc healing)

As to group tanking, all things being equal gear/aa/skill, I’d argue sk is probably superior in most cases, as our utility at the group level is nice, lots of ae buttons are good for grinding and chain pulling, and we can function as a puller if needed.

In your box crew purely tanking, though? With a balanced group of 6 that include a pulling toon, a cc toon, a healer, etc.? You’ll probably be happier with the warrior.
    Tucoh likes this.
  2. p2aa Augur

Ah Interesting to read, thanks.
    I thought my DPS was lower on golems because of their bigger HP pool, but if they also mitigate like 50 % of the melee dmg done to them, then it's again more insane.
  3. Fohpo Augur

I don't know if it's just physical or melee damage, but they definitely have higher mitigation which accounts for the significantly lower DPS versus golems as opposed to other mobs.
  4. Rumplestilskin Lorekeeper

So, what I see is basically for a bot group, SK's = the the best tank for damage mitigation and damage output. Warriors = no good in output and exceptional in damage mitigation. Paladins = fair against damage but better than warriors for damage output.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

I think you should go back through the thread, re read, and re formulate those thoughts.
    Sheex likes this.
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

EoK golems mitigate slashing damage. Switch to blunt or piercing, and your damage should be normal.
    Wulfhere and Whulfgar like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Good to know, thanks.
  8. Brohg Augur

kinda funny I never knew that. Mastermind was my first purchase with EOK raid coins.

... wait, that apply to constructs in the Vault, too? ohman
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

Did you test with different weapon types? I've heard that EoK and RoS golems have melee vulnerability to blunt weapons.

Edit: I see this was confirmed in a more recent post.
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

EoK sebilite golems had triple HPs and 50% mitigation to slashing damage.
    RoS sebilite golems only seem to have the bonus HPs, the damage mitigation didn't carry over into the new expansion.
    Golems in EoK or RoS raids don't seem to have the mitigation either.
    Tucoh and Wulfhere like this.
  11. Leigo You come here often?

Box Group:
    ATM.. I do sustainable 45-55k sword and board.. 100k 2h
    Though I'm mixed gear and only 19k AA at 110.
  12. Triconix Augur

I'm sustaining around 150k with DW set up in group situations. It's normally just my box sham, rogue friend and I with mercs and sometimes our cleric friend.

Not a great adps set up, but I get the most out of it. I rarely ever use 2H to tank with. If I do I'm running my heavy defensive discs when my offensive discs are down.
    Brohg likes this.
  13. Gnomeland Augur

Warriors are the best for both DPS and damage take in box groups, provided they have strong ADPS. Shadow knights given equivalent ADPS are going to be worse at everything except for utility and self healing. Paladins, same as shadow knights, but even worse DPS at the benefit of better utility.

Without strong ADPS, warriors tend to be worse than shadow knights at DPS, but still better at damage take. Shadow knights are more self sufficient.