Take real votes on Servers IN-GAME!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elyani, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Elyani Augur

Why don't you just open up a vote in-game for people to actually vote for what they'd like to see on these servers? You certainly are capable of doing so, as you've done in-game voting before. Just set a date, let people know, give them a week to cast their ballots and go from there.

This way you're not just listening to the vocal few from either side of each issue, but a voice from everyone.

Mark it so that only Silver and Gold accounts can actually vote. At least this way, people cannot easily create a new account (or forum account) to vote. Yet people who are currently unsubscribed but plan to come back still can. Which I think is the majority of TLP players anymore.

Set parameters for each server and then define what you're willing to work with and....
    Vote on Questions such as;
    For THIS server:
    How long between Expansion Release?
    Truebox or not?
    FV ruleset or normal?
    Lock out timers?
    Exp rates?

You get the idea. You have the ability to do it. It would offer everyone a chance to give their opinions without being accused of massing newbie forum accounts, etc. You'd see more input from more people who may be thinking one way or another but don't come on the forums to voice their desires.
  2. Ehrz Journeyman

Votes like that wont work its unfair for the guy with 1 accounts vs the guy with 24 accounts
    Rotlust, Jadefox, Brunlin and 2 others like this.
  3. Lateryn Augur

People with hundreds or thousands of KR that will just manipulate any poll you do.

Just a few mass boxers and you need a couple hundred single character players to match them.
    Rotlust and Candystore like this.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'd abuse it for casual good. :D
    Brunlin likes this.
  5. Crayon123 Augur

Logging in my 36 accounts.
  6. Geoff Journeyman

you are saying that your vote should count more than his? How is it unfair for the person who invested more money/time into the game to have more say in what happens in the game? If someone is paying for more accounts they should get more of a say in what happens.
    They are paying the bills.

I don't feel that is the point though, the opposite happens here on the forums. Anyone can create a free account here and forum warrior for an outcome. Anyone can create 24 forum accounts and do the same.
    In the game, if the polls are for paid accounts only, the votes cant be skewed by a vocal minority with no vested interest.
  7. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

While I can’t speak to what hardcore players want, it would be quite easy to see what casual players want. They just have to read this thread
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...mpilation-of-what-casual-players-want.254674/
  8. SweetLaxTho Elder

Most people who play EQ are American.

Most Americans (or people used to democratic ideals in any country) want to have equal voting rights.

We dont up the amount votes you get by income earned or taxes paid.

Those income/tax differences are a hell of a lot more than 36x to 1 as well.
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous likes this.
  9. Geoff Journeyman

To call back to the post i just made.
    Evade just posted on a new account to link to a post that he created on another account.
    Make the polls in game, per account, on active subs only.
  10. Elyani Augur

Meh. I intend to play Selo if they don't screw up the server. I am not a "casual" but I am sick of Classic and sure as hell don't want that insane xp reduction and death tax, especially getting 0% rezzes for decades to top it off. So, I don't have a say because I am not "casual"? Seems like you are filtering out who should and shouldn't have a say on the "casual" server.

Honestly, I want to get max level as fast as I can, kill crap as fast as I can, and move on as fast as I can. I think that's more "hardcore".
  11. Geoff Journeyman

In America, we have these things called companies ... DBG is a company and not a country. As a LLC, DBG has a responsibility to its private share holders to try and turn a profit.

So when you tell the customer X, who invests over $500 a month to your company, that his opinion is as valid as customer Y, who invests only $15, customer X will be rightfully upset. That is bad for business.

So however you wish to view it. 1 Paid Account = 1 Customer, then the guy with 36 accounts is 36 people voting. No different than owning shares in a company.
  12. Koshk Augur

I can think of many reasons they don't call for a vote. In no particular order:
    • DBG/EQ is not a democracy.
    • They do not have the time/patience/desire to listen to every person's (mostly-selfish) opinion.
    • If votes go one direction. But Daybreak decides that in the best interests of the community, the server should go the other direction? Everyone will lose their s**t because DBG didn't "respect the vote."
    • Perhaps they feel they don't need to collect everyone's input. And can figure this out on their own, with the information they already have.
    • Perhaps they believe that (no matter what they do), they cannot possibly please even 30% of us. Which should be obvious to anyone who's spent more than 5 minutes on these forums.
      • It would take dozens of TLP servers to meet everyone's wacky wish lists.
      • Even then, we'd still gripe and complain. Because then population would be spread too thin across so many servers.
    • We are entitled to nothing. They thought that 20th Anniversary TLP's would a good idea. But they are under no obligation whatsoever to produce one's we like. Or dislike. Or even at all.
    • Because life isn't fair.
    Even if DBG was the most incompetent business on the planet? They'd still deserve medals and praise for putting up with all our whining. And managing to stay professional in spite of their customers.
    DirtyGurtie and Haeldar like this.
  13. Protocol Dragon Defender

Live server players w/ no intention of playing will intentionally troll the polls to make the worst server possible (Like Mayong 51/50) as this means they lose fewer players to TLPs.
  14. SweetLaxTho Elder

36 accounts by one person is not anywhere nearly as valuable as 36 individual customers and I guarantee daybreak knows this very well. Having the votes from 36 individual players accounts equal one guy who owns 36 of his own makes no sense at all.
  15. Geoff Journeyman

;)
    If only something had happened in the last week that would make this the funniest statement ever...:)
  16. Kahna Augur

Votes is what got us RF/LJ and their 6 month unlocks. Yeah. No. Then again, I'm not real confident DBGs knows what is best at this point either.
  17. Machentoo Augur

Last time they did that, we got Mayong. The majority of accounts still play on live and don't care about these servers.
  18. Kahna Augur

And yet, that is what happens. You can vote on every account you own.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

I mean if the best DBG can come up with is calling 1-month unlocks a casual server, and the entire Mangler concept, why are people worried that somehow DBG is going to be led astray by the community voting?
    Sethiroth likes this.
  20. Geoff Journeyman

Zaide, while thats true, the same thing happens for free here on the forums.
    I also liked 51/50.

Because? Is his money tainted? Your argument was that the guy with 36 accounts should equal one separate persons account. There is no way to quantify this without having one paid account = one customer. There is no way to separate it out on the forums or in game, so you need to find the best alternative.