Take real votes on Servers IN-GAME!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elyani, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Elyani Augur

I think everyone took this way too insane, like it was a game destroying idea. It was simple. I wasn't suggesting asking for a crazy server...

In fact I felt I stated it as such, that DBG would set the perimeters based on what they felt was acceptable and put it to a vote;

If DBG is willing to make expansions unlock between 1-3 months, the poll question would say:
    1 month
    2 months
    3 months

Truebox?
    Yes
    No

Exp Rate:
    Similar to This
    Really long like that
    In the middle here

Loot System:
    Normal
    Like FV

Should LDoN/LoY:
    Unlock Separately
    With PoP
    Together but after PoP

I mean, these are all things being discussed here. A 51/50 server (which, btw I loved Mayong, just saying!) or some other weird server isn't being suggested. Just things the community is already discussing here on the forums that are getting the most attention. Nothing would really break the servers.

If one sever goes "No True Box" the other clearly would stay True Box. I think this is the ONLY reason people are worried about "people with 36 accounts" voting, because of the boxing. But even if they are boxing, unless they can make their own "help" programs from scratch and fix them every single patch, the most you have to contend with is people doing what they've already been doing all along? And if they can make their own "help" programs, they are gonna do it whether it's True Box or not.
  2. Protocol Dragon Defender

Yeah I agree with that. Most of the forums are just nonsense.
    Elyani likes this.
  3. Grogak The Champion

First off, that's not an investment mate. That is a payment for services rendered and the buck stops there. Secondly, it absolutely is not in any way shape or form similar to owning shares in a company. As previously stated, a customer exchanged money for a service and that service was supplied to the customer. An invenstor on the other hand exchanges money after an agreement of return on investment has been signed. The company - DBG in this case - is now obligated to fulfill that agreement. Beyond supplying the customer the service upon which they paid for, DBG owes the customer nothing.
    Jadefox and hoovadalewt like this.
  4. Geoff Journeyman

No one said that DBG owes customers anything. The discussion was how to equally distribute "votes" in the ruleset for the next server. DBG is currently reviewing the feedback we are providing them via these forums.

With that in mind i was using things from America that would be familiar to SweetLaxTho. My argument to him wasn't that we are partial owners of DBG. It was how to properly explain to him that the person who spends more money should get to vote proportionately.
  5. Machentoo Augur

Because we've been there and done that. Surprising as it may seem, the community voting was even worse than what DBG came up with.
    snailish likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Boxers or not the point is moot. The few people who 36 box would be outnumbered by a lot by the hordes of people who have 1 to 4 accounts. Let each account have a vote and be done with it. Who knows, maybe the boxers would have voted against Mangled just like everyone else and we could have avoided the recalled TLP in the first place.
  7. Ceffener Augur

Or the board says everyone on the forums is idiots and does whatever they want.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Exactly.

We literally have a situation where DBG made the call, and the server got pulled before it was known about for a week. What could be worse?
  9. Kittany Augur

The account has to have a valid credit/debit card. One credit/debit card per vote :p
    Sethiroth likes this.
  10. Machentoo Augur

Voting in in game polls did not result in a good outcome, but that doesn't mean DBG is always right in what they propose. That they are listening to feedback is not a bad thing.
  11. malaki Augur

This is the kind of poll that would get trolled the hardest since it will get heavily voted on by people that have no intention of actually playing.
  12. hoovadalewt Elder

Ignoring the '24 boxers' pay the bill arrogance in this thread, without casuals paying real money for kronos there wouldn't be a game, it's clear that in game voting would be a disaster and deliver a veryu skewed result.
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  13. Elyani Augur

Hey! I'd take that. Then again I have 4 credit cards I can use! And 4 accounts I play. Golden :p - all that shows is things can never be 100% fair, but it is what it is.

I don't use a lot of kronos, because I am unwilling to farm for them. I sold off my Golden Efreeti boots for like 6 kronos when I got decently matched pair of boots and that was more effort than I enjoyed to put in. And a couple of times I had a friend toss me one out of the kindness of their heart. :) That said, we all know the majority of the kronos floating out there were not at all achieved by legal/legit means.

I box because I genuinely enjoy it. And because I like to tradeskill and most people don't want to sit with you for hours farming tradeskill mats. I don't do it to block other players, to be "anti-social", or any other reason aside from I really do like to box.

And hey, every new TLP I spend a stupid amount of RL cash on Bags and Illusions, too. Even when I DO use kronos, I am still forking over cash.
    Kittany likes this.
  14. Sethiroth Augur

Well for one thing, chances are the dude with 24 paid accounts isn’t paying for his account, he’s farming Krono with his bot army.
  15. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Not sure what you mean. I have this one account and my original 1999 account which I can’t access as I don’t remember my password or email I used 20 years ago. Are you suggesting im creating a bunch of fake accounts to give the impression a lot of people want what I want? Well if that’s the case it’s false and Daybreak can confirm via IP
  16. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Yes. Non casuals should not have a say in the direction of the server intended for casuals
  17. SweetLaxTho Elder

I understand that you do not understand the value each customer brings to the table beyond the sub cash flow. 36 subs = 36 subs to you. This simply isn't the case. You cant see beyond the immediate cashflow being identical between the group and the individual. My view on this will not change. I am not going to waste my time - most of your post I skipped because your business example doesnt even make sense and you dont even know the multiple issues that are wrong with it.
  18. Master Kahleem Augur

You're missing the point. TLPs aren't for current population. TLPs are for people who aren't currently playing to come back and experience previous expansions cleanly. I haven't been subbed since Kunark Coirnav. I'm waiting to see how badly they mess up Selos/Mangler to see if i want to come back.
  19. Thalliius Augur

might i suggest a larger font
    Yinla and Grogak like this.
  20. Ceffener Augur

You have Evade2019 made in January 2019 and Evade made in Feb 2019...names kinda obvious and occasional you copy/paste the same post to both accounts.
    Bolten_DA likes this.