T2 named mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by YAZZ, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Nenton Augur

Because he knows his characters aren't fully developed yet. If they were, he'd be steamrolling all the nameds like everyone else. That's a lot different than VoA where the mob effects combined with their standard melee output were way too powerful even for max [group] gear/max AA/max level characters and they rightfully needed tuned down.

If you get even 1 real dps class in a group with burn discs (lol if it's a wizard), these RoF nameds just fall over and out pops loot better than the tougher nameds in T4 VoA. And of course the opposite was true in VoA. You'd kill nameds in T3 that were exponentially more difficult than HoT T4 and get presented with heroic downgrade loot. That's what happens when the devs insist on this bipolar expansion release cycle of easy/hard/easy/hard.

What this thread is really showing you is that even boxed groups of under-geared, under-AA'ed characters can kill some named mobs in RoF. You can debate on whether that's a good thing or not.
  2. Vaeeldar Augur

Exaggerate much? I haven't raided since Anguish and I managed to box all the named in VOA as a grouper. Including that stupid Aug guy Sepulcher and the only named I'd agree is insane Peacekeeper Fal'kaa in Pillars. Only one i ever truly struggled with was peacekeeper. Even Aug guy only killed me two times.

I box a SK, Shaman, Necro, Mage, Bard. If a group boxer can kill they can't be that bad.
  3. Nenton Augur

The point is when did you kill them? The VoA nameds got nerfed after release, for good reason. No one's calling for RoF named nerfs, including the guy in this thread asking for help, because the nameds are easy. The guy I was responding to was acting like asking for nerfs is some cardinal sin when in fact it's appropriate sometimes.
  4. Vaeeldar Augur

I do remember they changed some named but if I remember correctly it was mostly Sepulcher and if I remember that patch I didn't notice a "drastic" difference afterwards. The average named got easier but the really tough ones like the ac aug guy and peacekeeper were still pretty damn annoying.

I just can't remember if I got the AC aug in Sep prior to the change. First few nights I got frustrated and gave up not due to the named but due to pulling the camp there.

Anyway I was in Sep probably about 3 weeks post expansion relase of VOA. I had not killed all the name in Sep prior to the nerf.

Anyway Voa was pretty much perfect expansion for me. I actually geared my SK up in t3 because t4 was a bit of a challenge. It was nice not to skip right to the end. At this point I returned a week ago and just started killing named with my sk at 95. Never even looked up what they did just a pure steamroll. Pretty boring actually as there isn't a challenge yet.