T2 named mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by YAZZ, Jan 31, 2013.

1. YAZZ New Member

I was hoping the community could help me with a list of easy to kill t2 mobs, im not a raider so i want to gather the best gear i can from the t2 named mobs. I box a bard and a wizard, so i rely on my merc tank and cleric to handle the hits. I have attempted a few nameds, Stitches, The pulveriser, King Ikath and get to about 50% before the mercs fold. The only t2 mob i have managed to kill is A Vicious Hatchling. Are there anymore that are equal in difficulty?
  2. Delano New Member

It would be better to know a little more about your level, gear and AA before recommending named. Like a lot of EQ, high dps can trivialise a lot of encounters. If you are 100 with j5 mercs and they are dying, I would say you are spending too long killing the named.

Make sure you have a burn macro on the bard (plus epic 2.0 click), and sync this with a silent casting burn on the wizard. Level 100 boxed wizard with a bard should be looking around 50-75k dps on a burn. If the wizard is the non-boxed class, these numbers will be higher.

For not too difficult named, maybe try stormwheel in xorbb. Xorlek the seer was not bad too, if you tank him against facing a wall.
  3. Delano New Member

Missions like find the gems or die are easy to do for non-vis upgrades, and dreadmotes too. Having a bard and wizard makes this very, very easy to do.
  4. YAZZ New Member

OK, ill go check those guys out and try that mission, My bard is the boxed toon with no special AA, just pulling, melee passives skills, the wizard has about 3750 AA and can put out a good solid burst, both are lvl 100. Also i guess it's time to get the bard his clicker =/ thanks for the advice.
  5. Crystilla Augur

The named snake in the sewers in Xorbb was pretty easy (the one who drops the new priest +bene mana return aug called Helping Hand).
  6. Falos Augur

I'm biased because I now think they area all easy now that i know methods to approach em all. That being said it feels like grelleth named mobs are significantly easier than the other tier 2 zones.

Slight edit to be a bit more helpful but I recall these named mobs being especially easy:

Evantil:
    Burntbark
    Yunaizairn

Grelleth:
    Cook Mul
    Dark Ritualist Kopp
    Palace Commander eroll
    rotblade klonda

Breeding grounds:
    Eh i'd say this zone is the most annoying to deal with unless you have a puller maybe avoid this zone. compared to the others it's a bit more annoying

Chapterhouse:
    Avoid this zone unless you have a puller / double inviser (ivu and regular) a couple camps can be horrible for getting lots of adds

Xorbb:
    Deepcore
    Stormwheel
    Frothtooth
    Corpsehide
    Tunnel Slither (have 100 alcohol tolerance and/or make sure he isn't facing anyone except the tank.
  7. Ruhtra Lorekeeper

I'll have to try Falos's list. I'm having a heck of a time finishing off the t2 named with my group. My boxed group just doesn't have the dps to kill them. I've killed Deepcore twice but they had been touch and go finishes. I don't have an ideal group, warrior/shaman and enchanter. Yeah I know, it's a patchwork set up but they happen to be my highest characters. Doing the T1 named was very easy and all 3 are equipped with t1 gear. Warrior has 4600+ AA's and the other two have 2-3 thousand each.
    The warrior is a little behind on his defensive AA's now since I took off VoA, but for the most part I've caught up. We'll see once I get them all to 100 (all 3 are about 1/2 a level to it) and I'll catch up the warrior to where he needs to be before I end up calling it again and take another break.
    I've tried a few other named with no success. Like the Xorbb named that spawns adds which is very easy to control with the enchanter. The problem is DPS for me. It takes forever and I got him down about 50% before I ended up wiping. I tried him 3 times before just avoiding him.

I currently run 2 healers and a tank merc on named. My hope is I'll get the warrior up to snuff and drop the tank merc and go with a wiz/dps merc. Maybe to the point I can drop the second healer and go 2 dps mercs like I do with trash mobs.

It's getting a little maddening. Especially how easy the T1 named are.
  8. Gladare Augur

With your three chars, you should be running 1 cleric and 2 wizard mercs. Rogue mercs if you can't hold aggro. Mob should be dead before defensive wears off.

The Xorbb named that spawns adds, I'm guessing Body of the Many, can be killed by killing those adds. A group HoT from the shaman and the DoT from doing so is canceled out. Set the warrior as MA and have the dps mercs kill them.
  9. Talif Augur

[quote="Ruhtra, post: 45569, member: 778" I don't have an ideal group, warrior/shaman and enchanter. Yeah I know, it's a patchwork set up but they happen to be my highest characters. [/quote]I agree with Gladare, you definitely need to be throwing DPS merc(s) into the mix. A single DPS merc would be doing as much, or more, DPS than the rest of that group setup combined.
  10. Falos Augur

Ixyl the claymaster in xorbb is actually extremely trivial btw if you have a ranger/druid to vinelash the adds, or an AE mezzer (insta depops the adds)
  11. Ruhtra Lorekeeper

Yeah, I'll see where I'm at once all 3 finish out the last 1/2 a level to get to a 100. Knock out another 50-100AA should get me where the warrior is back to having all the defensive AA's that are available (CA/CS, Paralox or whatever that one is called, and shield block). I did get a big chunk around 97.
    Once I get the warrior to that point my hope is to add at least 1 wiz merc and drop the tank merc. Ixyl was the one I was referring to. Even with the chanter doing the AE mez I could only get him down to about 50% before things got dicey and wiped. (mostly because of mana running out). We'll see before I give up :)
    Even the T1 sleepless nights group mission I can do everything even the kill 30 mobs with no issue. It's the main guy just rolls me. Knocking my chars out of range and draining their mana. Like mentioned it's all about DPS so hopefully once I can get some of those mercs switched from healer/tank to dps I can actually complete this stuff.
  12. Silv Augur

I'll try not to repeat the above but I do have some to add based on my experience. I run with a similar setup, Ench, Druid, and Mage. The mage used to be a pally but I had to switch to a DPS class because it was too low even with charm. So, just reinforcing the DPS necessity. It doesn't have to be *great* but it can't be garbage.

I will reinforce the "avoid Chapterhouse". Not because the named are exceptionally difficult but the... creative pathing... makes it not so much fun.

No comment on Grelleth because I hate it except that the dude who drops the Sympathetic Allev. Burst aug is easy-"The Forgotten Murderer". Spawns outside in an open area so easy camp setup and pulls at your leasure.

Breeding grounds has a spot where you can camp 3 named at the same time with multiple PH for each. You have to be able to break the camp without all CC as most is immune to mez. However, paci, charm, and root work on the majority. If you setup in a corner by the gateway to fear area you can camp the hatchling, Gosik, and Velishan (just don't setup in the middle or Gosik will spawn on you, yeah, oops). I've known a few instances where people say those mobs are too hard- if you know what they do and you are prepared you'll be fine. Lev for Hatchling, spellshield/cold spells for Gosik, and WALK ON and clearing for Velishan (you should have a relatively open area if you broke the camp). Just remember if you try and pull Velishan with a spell he currently has immunity to, it will not aggro him. That was another "DUH" moment when I couldn't aggro him with my Ench.

If you want another easy camp in Evantil (and get the only T2 caster 1hb) you can kill Thornmaw. Spawns up in the top/branches- several maps are online.

And just a note about "Find the gems... or die!", Yes it is stupid easy (hopefully you put in the map locs) but if you try to just burn Chrom and leave the adds up you will most likely die given the information provided in here. Either keep them all locked, kill as you go, or instazerg him. Personally, I'm lazy so I just mez everything, evac out, and let them despawn. The other stupid easy mission is Evantil 1 (Fear Not). Between that and Gems you'll be swamped with gear and spells quick. Shards 2 is easy if you play it smart and evac between add waves if you can't handle it straight through.

If either of you (or anyone) would like more detailed stuff on those I'd be happy to respond to a PM.

*I just noticed this- YAZZ has an evaccer so what I posted works; Ruh, you'll have to tough it out or find ways to drop aggro if you are going by my suggestion in a few places.
  13. Ruhtra Lorekeeper

Very nice information. I was grinding last night and had Ixyl spawn again figured I would give him one shot before I had to do some stuff around the house. This time I just did warrior, shaman, enchanter, 2 wiz mercs (about 1/4 down I turned them to burn mode) and one healer merc. About 35% left on him my disc wore off and I would say about 30% I got an unlucky spike and Ruh went down. But I'm happy with how it went. I'm "working" from home today so hopefully I can finish out the AA's for Ruh and at least get the other two chars up to 100. Then by the weekend Ruh should be 100.
    At least with the shaman and enchanter at 100, recovering should be faster considering they have the group buffs ;)
  14. Nightops Augur

Rutha - Another way to look at it would be to use 1 clr and 2 rog mercs. I know they may be less dps then casters, but having rog mercs will allow you to keep the mob stationary if they get agro and the rogs can take a few hits. With the mercs being able to take a few hits, this might allow you to turn on atk and disc/agro with warrior then switch over to spot heal/dot with shaman being the main focus.

As always, make sure you have all your augs filled with ac augs with Hdex/Hagil when able. The other thing you would want is to be sure to have a face slot item with the agro mod. If you dont have one, Burnbark in Evantil or the Hatchling in BD should be high on your priorities. If your having issues with keeping agro on burns, look into the agro potions made from Tradeskills, every little bit helps.

Yazz - maybe look into what spell set up your using with your bard. I know its easy to go with dps songs for the wizard, but if your tank is folding, maybe try out the 2 ac songs along with the healing bonus song. You could even look into using the song for the crit heal bonus (if its working and/or if it will work with merc clr?). Use the final song spots for caster dps (with -tune stuck in head AA) and put the dps aura up on bard.

I run a paladin main and bard box with a clr/rog merc combo and I can handle almost any named besides the ones with non-mez adds or abilities not fitting to my combo (Krondal in Xorbb). I use a straight tank/spank strat with 3 melee dps songs and 1 healing focus and then ac song. I pop deflection, agro AAs and then start clicking all offensive on my bard and then back to paladin for his offensives and mitagation discs. I can usually burn the mob down to about 20-30% before the short duration discs wear off and then its just a matter of spot healing until the mob dies.
  15. Gladare Augur

You have some tweaks you can make. The enchanter can run the deaggro aura (block it on the warrior) and mana reiteration. This helps the wizard mercs do more damage per cast and you can set them to burn earlier. Set your shaman to slow and your enchanter to cripple to get it out of the way faster. Block the cleric heal over time spell and use the shaman's. I imagine your shaman has the crit HoT aa's. If you really need a lot of heals, use the healing counterbias line on the shaman for an extra HoT that stacks. Depending on your aa's and how well you can box, you can spam mezzes on the named with the enchanter to land deep sleep which will reduce its dps further. Also set up dotting hotkeys on the enchanter and shaman while defensive is up since you probably don't need the extra heals/debuffs in that time.
  16. Ruhtra Lorekeeper

I seem to keep my agro no problem with the wiz mercs if I just have them on balanced for the first 1/4 of the mob. After that I turn them both to burn. Even then I don't have an issue keeping agro. Even though I've had poor success and I have new places to try I was grinding out AA's only on the warrior all day. Thankfully (probably won't hear that too often) the named only spawned twice. The first time I killed him, but the last 10% was done by the enchanter, wiz's and shaman because ruh once final stand wears out gets really dicey.

He's up again now and I tried killing him 3 times and pretty much wiped on all those attempts. I've gotten him down to about 15% before I have to save face and run a toon out of the zone.

I do have nuke for the enchanter and dot hot keys for the shaman set up so I think I'm good there. I'm about to move on to other suggested options. It's just too maddening to die to deepcore again lol..
    At this point I'm trying to get ruh t2 gear and worry about the other two later. He already has the arms on my first kill of him thankfully.

The whole chicken or the egg. Hard to get gear if I can kill the named. Can't kill the named with just t1 gear. I do have a few t2 items, 1hs, face, arms and I think 1 or two nonvisables.
  17. Kurayami Augur

Try leaving the wiz mercs on balanced the whole time for named. For some reason mine refuse to even cast on burn mode most the time if it is a named mob I am dealing with. Never issues w/ rog on balanced on burn, but wizards just can't figure it out for some reason. Toggling between balanced and burn can sometimes get them casting on burn, but it is flakey at best.
  18. Silv Augur

Same here. My wiz merc will just stand there for 40%(or all) of the mob's HP sometimes if it is set to burn. It's rather infuriating. Like Kura said, toggling may get it to work. If you aren't seeing this happen then by all means, switch to burn a lot earlier.

Gladare had a lot of great suggestions as well. I would change the aura setup given the information you posted after. I would just run Twincast aura and Mana Reverb. aura. As mentioned above, chaining mez will land deep sleep. Sometimes it just takes forever to land it so you have to decide if it's worth the time vs. DPS/whatever. Don't forget the one Ench DoT has a debuff component if you're really trying to hinder the mobs. Don't forget to throw Mental Contortion on top, it's a nice debuff with long duration, 3 min. If you don't have it already I would get at least rank 1. If you are going for pure efficiency, just use Enchanter slow as it has a built in Cripple so now you just do 1 button on 1 toon instead of 2 on 2. I always keep up Spell shield and Glyph spray (if you have it) for most named. I just assume it will have some kindof DD and if not, who cares. I don't know how you did your Ench DoT/DD AA's so this is highly subjective but you'll probably come out on top (for Ench DPS)chaining the 3 main DDs. I'd have to know more to really get into that though.

Personally, I'd just pick a different camp. Sometimes it is just not worth banging your head on the wall.

I'll reemphasize the value of the two T2 missions (Gems and Fear Not). Even though it is a mission, don't forget you get a few % xp and AAs in addition to the item and spell. It's worth considering that in determining time v. reward. I'm fairly confident your setup could do either of those missions in 30 minutes. So like 12ish AA, 6% exp, two items and two spells in an hour. This of course is not going to be the case the first time you run it obviously :p
  19. Ruhtra Lorekeeper

I switched to the melee dps mercs to try them. Even with my shaman in group and lynx (whatever the highest version is at 99) the mobs don't seem to go down as fast as two wiz mercs. I do run both of those auras Twincast and Mana Reverb. I'll try some of your suggestions too Silv. I'll also try the suggested mez deal too. I think my focus on the enchanter was if he's not ccing, I'm nuking and trying to get whatever little dps I can out of him considering they aren't wizards. But I'll rethink that.

I usually do two runes (the hp one and the one that has the hate component) engage with the warrior, pull it back to the group and pop final stand, slow and malo the mob, switch to the enchanter and hit my "nuke" key which chains 4 nukes (for some reason I have a lot more AA's for the DD crits than I put in the dot's. I think at one point I thought it did more damage). I switch back to the shaman while the warrior is happily swinging, and hit his dots button which casts 4 of his dots. I usually have to hand cast 2 other dots for a total of 5 or 6 dots. Sometimes I have to interrupt it a little by casting a heal on the warrior. While that one is going I flip back to the enchanter and have him do his nuke button and kind of flip back and forth as the dots wear out or the cycle of nukes finishes.

I did end up last night getting the enchanter and shaman to 100 while I knocked out probably close to 200 AA's on the warrior to backfill some of his gaps. I had around level 96 backfilled all the VoA defensive AA's. Now I'm getting close to having all those covered before I move forward the last 1/2 a level to 100 on the warrior.

On a side note I did attempt as something different the 1st mission on SL again, I only had the warrior die once (dumb mistake, I forgot to set him as puller so the cleric merc ran off with him when I spawned the 10 or so lb mobs where the cleric ended up dead) I actually lasted quite a while with just the shaman healing, but I'm not even sure what happened but the next thing I noticed was my warrior was dead and I /leave and came back. The AE mez by the enchanter makes this part pretty trivial.

When it came to the final "boss" guy I was worried as he owned me last time. I ended up using the melee dps mercs figuring they'll never run out of mana. I ended up taking that guy down really easily. Actually too easy. I was shocked considering how the last time I tried him the outcome was bad. I think next time I'll try the wiz mercs again as I think he'll die much faster. Before mana becomes even a issue.

I think I was also worried when missions get locked and you can't add new people. Does that also include mercs? anyone try after a mission is locked can you swap mercs still? I figure you can but I didn't want to get to the point and end up having to walk away from the mission only to get so close.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.
  20. Nelson Lorekeeper

Know what I like best about this? This guy has a hard time with T2 nameds, so he asks for help finding ones he might be able to handle, instead of asking for a retune.