Suggestion: put power sources on HA-currency vendors

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jumbur, Apr 10, 2017.

1. daranged Lorekeeper

2. Mortium Elder

As a returning player, I feel the pain of having to backflag through 10+ years of content I missed. Farming powersources is one of those. I don't understand why we are many many expansions forward yet no updated powersources are implemented.

I'd much rather be experiencing new content than going back to older stuff.
  3. Triconix Augur

Again, the difference is a major aug that's hands down the best in game using skills that are still relevant (Tradeskills). It's also an item that a person will most likely have until EQ ends.

Powersources can run out in matter of a couple days depending on your gameplay hours. It would take somebody upwards of 50% of their gameplay to keep renewing the PSes (if they want the best ones).

Personally, I barely wear the new ones. Only do them on non farm events which is none right now. Would I like to wear them more often? Of course. Am I going to spend me trying endlessly grinding in 3 year old zones, having no clue how long it's going to take in order to get a decent stock? No, I have other more important things that I can be doing.
  4. Duhbeast Augur

I have been selling the Geomantic soulstones for 100k a pop on Cazic. I got 3 in an hour 1 time, they really aren't that rare. Keep it the way it is imo, but work on newer ones some how. Is it worth it to come pick one up for 100k?
  5. Zish Elder

It just doesn't make sense to require an item from a former expansion to keep up in the current one.

If you're going to implement what is essentially a new item slot into the game, then you have to keep making new items to fit in to that slot that come from the current content.
    Caell likes this.
  6. Hickers Elder

For some players the TDS power sources are basically essential (Im pretty sure no raid tank worth his salt would turn up to a raid without a Geomantic Steelstone). Therefore, keeping up a supply of these power sources boils down to nothing more than a chore. A chore, in a game.

Now, call me crazy, but arent games supposed to be fun and challenging? Are we really so beaten down and indoctrinated into the EQ mindset of 'the grind' that we can't recognise bad design/implementation? Bad enough forcing people to go back to old or obsolete content. Now add in the fact that you could go to Dredge, invest several hours of your time/life, and still come away empty handed, if the RNG doesnt play ball. Thats the worst part. You're doing your chore, with only a scant chance of a reward.

I accept that EQ by it's very nature is a 'grind', it always has been. But at least make the grind current, relevant and challenging. At least if power sources (and im not saying that have to be as good or better than TDS rare ones) were available to buy from EoK HA points, it would give players even more incentive to play in the current xpac. And at least if you choose to invest your time in your chore, you know you'll get something at the end.

*(Yes, some people may say, "oh, the Artisan's Prize is old content, and no one complains about that". But its not like the AP degrades over time, forcing you to go back to those old zones. You can do it once, then you're done. In fact, you dont even have to do it at all. Buy the materials...or buy the seals. The only thing you have to do is the 3 earring quests, which are arguably quite good fun, and a little piece of EQ history)