Suggestion: put power sources on HA-currency vendors

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jumbur, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I suggest DBG put powersources on HA-group-vendors, so that we can use our marks of valor/pieces of eight/remnants/sathir gems etc, to buy power sources.

Currently, old powersources are crafted with drops from SoD-zones, which aren't really relevant anymore, or bought with currency from solteris raid-drops or from loyalist vendor if you have unlocked the katta-vendor). Newer powersources are rare drops from nameds in TDS-zones and xorrb-nameds(RoF).

This suggestion would make the currency we get from the daily HAs relevant again.

Alternatively they could allow us to craft powersources(including the newer powersources) with drops from modern expansions. :)

What are your thought on this? It will obviously affect baz-prices alot.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I craft every type of power source that you can get in game (other than the dropped ones of course) and they do not sell well in bazaar. Even cheaply. I know no one is going to katta to buy them since few folks have that faction anymore and/or even know what ps are. I think someway to educate people as to how the ps works would be a better idea. Like the Epic retelling quest - do a PS retelling granting you the faction and one super PS. And like the Artesian Quest sent folks though the planes flagging to teach them the old ways. Daily HA's rewards are still relevant for the player base below 105 of which there are many. Especially with the new heroic's all over.
  4. Triconix Augur

Great input.

I'd rather not waste time in zones 3 years old. Something needs to be done.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think some people just browse the bazaar for cheap deals instead of looking for specific items, and if you just look for powersources, under "type"(or "slot" can't remember)-category, you won't see the crafted ones, because "reasons".

Do you suggest some alternative vendor-flagging-quest/tutorial-addition?, I wouldn't mind that. :)

Lore-wise It would make sense that some NPC in lcea with Combine-faction would deal with powersources...There is even a pottery-station/merchant there....
    An EoK-quest arc about powersources could work...:cool:
  6. smash Augur

Am against people being able to just buy power sources.

The player made, would ruin business for the traders, whch I Lucky am not one of.
    The dropped ones, imo people have to go and get flagged and farm them themselves, instead of being handed on a plate.
    daranged likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A valid point, would you also be against adding new power source recipes? It would still require some effort to get your crafting skill up, and gather the mats.
  8. Kobrah Augur

They should add the sources to the HA vendor in Arx Menitis. Or whatever that vendor who trades pieces of eight .. the merc gear vendor. Still need to do progression and get the tedious TDS HA currency but is alternative route to getting the sources vs hours of named spawning and relying on RNG.
    eqgamer likes this.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Would you miss power sources if they where no longer relevant in a future expansion?
  10. Tucoh Augur

This would be my preference.

While I kind of like the idea of there being meaningful consumables that aren't simply obligatory (Ex: tribute), I'm pretty much done camping Combine named.
  11. Cicelee Augur

If I want a melee haste clickie belt from Cragbeast Queen, I have to go to Gates of Discord to do that.

If I want an epic 2.0 orb, I have to go to Omens of War.

If you want a Geomantric Steelstone, then you go to TDS. Simple as that.

So again.... No.
    daranged likes this.
  12. Janakin Augur

I just use old power sources unless it is a new / hard raid then pop in one of the new ones. While it would be nice to have an alternate source for the newer power sources so I could rock them all the time I can see the argument against it. I think I have gotten 4 of the dredge ones in about 40 named kills so it isn't "that" rare ~
  13. segap Augur

The big difference is consumable versus permanent. Would be nice to either have a current content source or a means to recharge through tradeskills (something like combine used power source with august ore + august pelt + 5 relic fragments and get a slightly less powerful power source). Alternatively, make them dropable so that people can buy them and others that don't mind camping hours in obsolete zones have a source of revenue.
  14. Triconix Augur

False, there are plenty of haste options.

Using epics as an argument? Hilarious. I'll use them also: They made NPCs auto spawn mobs not in instances to help people out so they don't have to waste hours upon hours for outdated things.

Try again.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

The problem with dropable is it'll be brother island 2.0 with a ton of perma-farmers using software that shall not be named.
    Sancus likes this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

What melee/tank clickies are there that compare to the cragbeast belt? I only know of Crystalline Blade (short duration), belt of marvelous visions (30%), kizrak's gauntlets (30%), eyepatch (20%) and consumable potions.
  17. Tvarian Augur

Only thing I know of is the highest level alacrity potion, which is 45% same as the belt. I got the belt so that I wouldn't have to buy potions all the time, but now buffs give you 50% haste, so it's still useful in a pinch.

As for the PS, I buy mine in the bazaar, when there is any to get. Last time I bought 2 stacks. Camping for the good ones from nameds is fine the way it is though.
  18. Koryu Professional Roadkill

If powersources could be replaced, I would not miss them one bit. It's the only piece of gear that's consumable. It also requires you to choose between using it or not to preserve it (such as group time versus raid time versus tradeskill material farming versus old achievement hunting), requires you to fight with RNG in old content (stubborn named won't spawn, won't drop the PS when you do get the named to show), and despite being a consumable it also doesn't stack.

Then again, I just hate consumables and items that need recharged in general. I'm still waiting for a Grow clicky and fixed duration invis clicky to get away from invis potions...
    [IMG]
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

EQ should have moved on from power sources years ago. Just add the stats to gear, no one will miss this "feature". Moreover, if the drop rate of Steel Stones hadn't been nerfed into oblivion during TDS we would not all be here about farming power sources in the first place. When I had a streak of about 40 named kills and no power source drop, I never went back to farm these. RNG is RNG but that rate is just . Like weapons grade, Sean Spicer speaking .
  20. Chaosflux Augur

I've done Solteris so many times I have an infinite source of metals.

I wish there was an old TDS raid that dropped them, I could do that for Geos with a guaranteed drop.

Some of those are probably 1 groupable by now or close.