Suggestion: Beastlord pet revamp

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Iven the Lunatic

68. Beastlord pet revamp

Found that in an old thread from 2020 and revamped it a little bit:

First I would like to see a revamped treant model for the wood elf beastlord. For the House of Thule expansion the current treant model is ok but it does not really fit to the Greater Faydark (a mature arborean). The solution for the pet choice is to create more summon pet spells or that the beastlord has to do a quest where he would pick a pet from two or three choices. Pets should fit to the class themes and their starting areas. It could be like the magician class who can summon different pets with different abilities.

To keep it simple the beastlord does not require to have a caster pet but offensive and defensive melee pets. The defensive pet would be a warrior with the stun/slam ability (like air pet), while the offensive pet would be a rogue (like water pet). It took me some time to figure out the best and most logical pet combos for each beastlord race but here they are:

Wood Elf
    Offensive: Black wolf (with yellow eyes)
    Defensive: Treant

Vah Shir
    Offensive: Tiger
    Defensive: Rhinobeetle (or owlbear)

Barbar
    Offensive: White wolf
    Defensive: Polar bear (or mammoth calf)

Ogre
    Offensive: Jungle spider (yellow)
    Defensive: Marsh bear

Troll
    Offensive: Giant mosquito (or kobold)
    Defensive: Basilisk (or crocodile from Plane of Earth)

Iksar
    Offensive: Scorpion
    Defensive: Scaled wolf

The current pet models do remain and I did focus on attractive looking pets. So nobody has to fear that his beloved pet would be removed. And well, wolves and tigers could backstab with their big fangs and spiders also have fangs and legs to backstab with. Instead of the backstab skill they just could have a higher attack skill if that is problematic.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No thanks, leave my tiger alone!

Anyway Beastlords have different pet buffs for different abilities.
  3. Iven the Lunatic