Suggestion: Achievement Score Shop

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Iven the Lunatic

76. Achievement Score Shop

The achievement score shop does unlock tiers of ornaments, mounts, merc contracts, etc., based on the achievement points of the player character. Each tier would be dedicated to an expansion. The NO TRADE LORE items would not cost anything and could be "bought" again, endlessly, anytime.

07,000 achievement points - T1 - Original EQ
    10,000 achievement points - T2 - The Ruins of Kunark
    13,000 achievement points - T3 - The Scars of Velious
    16,000 achievement points - T4 - The Shadows of Luclin
    61,000 achievement points - T19 - Veil of Alaris
    97,000 achievement points - T31 - Laurion's Song

Example for T1, Original EQ:
    • Mercenary contracts: Green Goblin, Aqua Goblin, Fire Goblin (Wizard, Cleric, Rogue, Warrior) - Original NPC models
    • Mount: Tan Silken Bridle (brown horse) - Not sure if that tier should provide a mount at all, as they got releases with TSoL. On the other side, horses do fit much better to the original EQ theme, than to TSoL. The unicorn is not really an alternative. Orgre/Troll/DE on unicorn ? Maybe a corrupted black one for them.
    • Armor ornaments (does also affect PC models 1.0): Leather armor, Banded armor, Bronze armor, Cryosilk Robe, Robe of the Oracle, Shining Metallic Robes, Crimson Robe of Alendine
    • Shield ornaments: Qeynos Kite Shield, Kite Shield, Charred Guardian Shield, Buckler, Wooden Shield, Wooden Kite Shield, Lantern
    • Weapon ornaments: Minotaur Battle Axe, Battle Axe, Efreeti Battle Axe, Efreeti War Axe, Rapier, Efreeti Scimitar, Indigo Sabre, Club, Staff, Stein, Blue Crystal Staff, Torch, Book, Doll
    Development and release: Each tier can be worked on step by step and being released every few months.
    Jhenna_BB, Paladin and Matik like this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm not a big fan of this but I can see it adds more things for people to do, which is good.

One thing is that unless it was changed, you cannot get the Tutorial achievements if you never did them when you were below level 10. If your character was above that before achievements were added to the game, it was and is impossible to get them.

There may be other achievements impossible to get for some.

So the rewards must either be designed with that in mind so as to not penalize these characters, or those achievements must be made possible to get.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can now get tutorial achievements with personas if you run them through the tutorial but there are a number of them that are no longer possible.
    Fuelforfire and fransisco like this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Do not force us to play a persona, especially with the reports of lost items, etc. from your main. :cool:

A few months from now I might try out a persona but even after the bugs are fixed they do not interest me very much in the current form. Too limiting.
    SteamFox, Yinla and Nennius like this.
  5. Gialana Augur

I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any achievements in the tutorial zone, at least not anymore. There is a Tutorials - Out of Gloomingdeep achievement under General > Special, but that can't be earned in Gloomingdeep. It's earned through quests from Secalna Galnor in PoK and can be done at any level, not that I want to do any of them.

Are there other tutorial achievements I'm not seeing?
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are no achievements for the base tutorial (under level 10) any longer. This was changed years ago and the base ach that used to be only offered to low levels was removed. It now encompasses all levels and is done in POK. There is nothing to miss out on as they revamped them to the new version.

So to see for yourself you can look:

Under Achievements are - General - Special - Tutorials Out of Gloomingdeep (50 points)
    AND Mastering achievements (5 points).

If you read the description on "Mastering Achievements" you will see it says "This achievement is gained upon completing the tutorial on achievements."

The tutorial about achievements is the "Tutorial Out of Gloomingdeep" right above it. And one of the ones it offers is "Achievements" This string of short easy quests are for any level and can are offered by the NPC Secalna Galnor near the Loyalty Merchant in POK. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5787

The Tutorial Out of Gloomingdeep was put in the game for returning players and players who were higher level able to complete /ach.

While there are tasks to do IN Gloomingdeep you can bypass those if you wish because they do not reward any /achievements. But the ones from Secalna will get you free bag, free house and many other items. Similar to the Mines.
    Fanra and Gialana like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Where do you see these /ach so I can correct my write up? Thanks

There are little sub tasks to do in Gloomingdeep but nothing that rewards an /ach.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If they had been removed I was unaware of it, was just commenting that it is now possible to do the tutorial with a persona in order to get what you have missed. I do know there is a quest around achievements in the tutorial which might be why I was still thinking that you got achievements there.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I believe they only show up if you have completed them. I've done them several times on alts and they deffinately get achievements for them.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Do you have screen shots of where these would be in Hero's Journey Achievements from your alts that have done it?

Or perhaps one of the players who says they have completed them on AP could post a screen shot?

It would really help for the walk thrus and history of the Mines.