Stupid mercenary AI + harmful lava...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Uxtalzon, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Uxtalzon Augur

Equals many a dead mercenary.

UGH they path right into the stuff and stop as if nothing was wrong. Caster types will keep "nudging" away if they're too close to a mob, plop right into it. Frustrating!

And on top of that, the mysterious forces known as "you can't cast or fight in/out of water but they can" since the dawn of EQ still exists, so my heal does nothing to save my mercenary. AIUSRYRGASDHBKAJ!
  2. Sebbina Augur

Which is why we never want any government to build automated defense systems-- unless of course they plan to test it on themselves.
  3. Uxtalzon Augur

Sebbina you are just so cute :3

Just noticed pets freely swimming in the lava without consequence. *cries for nerf* :p
  4. Rainbowdash Augur

Lava isn't as big a deal for me as merc healers running smack into the mobs in the tight spaces while tanking. :p

But hey... this is why mercs suck and real players are better. (Usually. =/ )
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This I consider a bug. Mercs in Naggy's lair dying to lava. Levitation on them does nothing to help.

Plus, aren't mercs supposed to be immune to lava and falling damage?
  6. Rouan Augur

Wait, they upgraded the lava too? Well damn.

The lava wasn't even that big of a deal when I was 30!
  7. Rainbowdash Augur

Yeah, mitigated with max resists it's doing a tad above 9.7k atm.

I was actually very sad that the roof trap didn't get upgraded too :( It's still only 10 dmg.

Dzarn please rectify this error and make the roof trap do 10k dmg! :p
    Stickietoes likes this.
  8. Edrick Augur

I totally want the crushing trap to do 10k damage, easy. Maybe even more. I would just laugh if I saw a corpse under one of those things. Even if it was one my own. That's what traps are for! Squish!

Collecting the gems in the lava in SolB for the collection achievement is going to be... tough. Almost 10k damage every second, that gives me about 11 seconds to look for something with nearly zero visibility.
  9. Rainbowdash Augur

I thought same thing. Way I ended up doing it was, first off I found out they only spawn in the lava pools near where Naggy spawns (spawned) and under the bridge right before Naggy's room (the drawbridge room) or the short lava tunnel between both of these rooms. At least on Test that's the only two lava pools they spawn in. After that, I got on a ledge by the pools. got out a cleric merc. Set myself to puller so it'd stay put by the ledge. Then went somewhere safe, casted Eye of Zomm. Sent it into the lava looking just barely up (like a half a degree) so that it kept the eye at that point where you see entirely underwater but aren't affected by the underwater/lava 'fog', and mapped out where all the collector's items are. After that I took off Eye. Cast invis. Leaped into the lava and went right for a collector's item. Picked it up, got out at low health. Let merc heal me. Went back in for another. when all of them were picked up I did the same for second room. Rinse repeat.

Speaking of collector's. If a dev sees this, the "Bad Kobold Poetry" is definitely not on the ground spawns atm. I have cleaned Naggy's Lair of it's collector's items more times than I can count now and seriously picked up close to 30 of EACH other item...not one of the Poetry ones yet.
  10. Edrick Augur

That's useful information, thank you very much. I was searching lava near the entrance.

And I am having the same problem with Bad Kobold Poetry. I haven't seen a single one, and I probably have ten of each item. Not as much as you, but damn, I don't think any other collection set has an item that is that rare.
  11. Tobynn Augur

Confirming this. I scoured the kobolds areas extensively and never found a single Bad Kobold Poem. The other 7 items in the set, I have 15-25 of every item.
  12. Augur Developer

Confirmed that the Bad Kobold Poem item is not currently spawning. A fix is on internal servers, will likely be tested by QA on Monday, and will hopefully be hotfixed early next week.

Thanks for the reports, and sorry for the hassle until then!
    Rainbowdash, Tobynn and Edrick like this.
  13. Edrick Augur

Thank you!
  14. KC13 Augur

QA exists? Where are they on the welcome screen???????????
  15. Tobynn Augur

Yay for Augur!
  16. Rainbowdash Augur

Thank you!

While you're at it, if you're looking into the Naggy raid crashes that my guild was reporting. Apparently a Live Guild crashed a bunch when it went Live then attempted again with no auras running and no pets up and beat it. Blackburrow is gonna try it on Test again either tomorrow's raid or tuesday's raid with no auras or pets and see if it works for us too, but would seem that the cause of the crashes at 5%ish is related to that. :)

Hopefully gets fixed soon though! Test is going on two weeks and four would-be wins but the crash killed our buzz haha.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thank you for the reply.

However, the title and purpose of the thread (before it was hijacked about the collection items) is about how mercs are dying in the lava. Any word about someone going to fix this?

Or is that not your department?

Thank you.
  18. Edrick Augur

Mercs really should be immune to lava since they aren't programmed to avoid it. At least for the next two weeks. Mercs are given other special benefits because of their AI, like they don't draw agro from unagroed mobs, because they run around all the way in silly, unpredictable patterns sometimes - they'd cause massive trains if they did.
  19. Augur Developer

That's a discussion that the team would have to address as a whole. Sorry, I can't provide more information/help. I'm solo in the office today, but I at least wanted to tackle the problem that I could.
  20. Augur Developer

The dev that made the raid event was working on a potential fix yesterday. I'm not sure what their progress was, or if it was pushed to live or not. Sorry I don't have more info!