Strongest molo classes and their limits

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greyowl, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Potawatomi Augur

depends :D
  2. Gnomeland Augur

Because they have to tank when they molo to achieve max DPS, else it's slow when they're just pet tanking and feeding the merc mana. BSTs therefore don't molo in current zones for exp. But just because it's slow, doesn't make it not doable.
  3. Stubar Augur

I disagree. I molo every zone with exception of the namers in T2. In fact 90 pct of the T2 partisan tasks are moloable by a bst if done carefully. Bst's are a real power this expansion and a super fun to play now.

And no, I don't pet tank, that part of your statement is correct...the kills would be super slow.
  4. Falos Augur

Just wiped to the Alpha Naeya 4 times in a row in Shard's landing.

Setup was mage/mage/mage and 3 cleric mercs.
    Mages need ultra boosts.
  5. Izcurly Augur

My experience matches yours, RoF mercenary and partisan lines are almost entirely moloable by a raid-geared bst like myself. That speaks mostly to how easy RoF is, not how powerful I am -- in VoA I had to two-box to do most of the quest lines.

And I don't normally pet tank either, but it is a valid technique that gets pulled out in special cases, usually after dying at least once. The kill may be slow, but it's a lot easier to keep a pet up with two healers (merc+bst) than a bst up with just a merc healer.
  6. Izcurly Augur

That may have been true in the past, but with RoF the quest and achievement experience is fantastic enough to make current content viable. Don't forget to do the collectible quests as well, those add up as well. I advise setting the bar to 100% AA and choosing AA every time there's a choice....you'll still go from 95 to 100 just doing the quest line.