Stop buffing melee

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zithax, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Tulgin Augur

Do the new pet wall nerfs make mage's the worst raid dps now? I would imagine most raids have 12+ mages or necro's.

At least necro's can land spells, what's the point in mage's now?
    Fallfyres and Tudadar like this.
  2. Tudadar Augur

Devs want mages to be CoH bots ^_^

Where those neg resist nukes at? Can continue revamping classes!
  3. Kolani Augur

Well, that's what they were in actual classic, vending machines and CoH bots.
    Numiko and Fallfyres like this.
  4. taliefer Augur

if thats true, thats could be a significant nerf on swing agro, since damage bonus is such a large part ofit in early era eq.
  5. Simone Augur

I just logged into test server and looked at several weapons. It is indeed a huge nerf to weapon damage bonus with every weapon I looked at, 1 hand and 2 hand, with the damage bonus lowered; for 1 hand weapons it was significantly so.

Razing Sword of Skarlon, for example, had a damage bonus of 13 at 50 instead of 14 as it was before. Spiroc Windblade had a damage bonus of 5 instead of 8 and all other 1 hand weapons I looked at with faster delay had a damage bonus of 1 or 2.

So it seems that 1 hand weapons will be 100% useless for warriors going forward and two handed weapons are also nerfed, slightly.

It's already hard enough to hold aggro in classic and now it will be even harder. Seriously this is 1 change to the game that is absolutely not necessary.
  6. Detheb Augur

Useless is a bit much. Weaker, yes, but procs and berate are the only reason we're able to maintain aggro as it is. If warriors were 80% dependent on swing hate, as we once were, then it would be huge. Not a significant loss. The dps loss will probably be more noticeable.
  7. Simone Augur

Most of us warrior players are less concerned about how much DPS we are doing compared to have much hate we are generating. We are unquestionably being nerfed fairly significantly which is bad.
  8. Protocol Dragon Defender

I just got my sky belt and now we're getting nerfed :(
  9. Mabbu-EQ Elder

I'm sure they can make adjustments to the Provoke line if us Warriors start to fall short on agro.

I'm trying to keep a positive outlook here until the changes are fully tested.

Oh and @Zithax, you will always be the #1 dps of my heart. Don't let them get you down chicken.
  10. Silv Augur

It was a fix/streamline/boost to players on Live and had nothing to do with TLP nerfs. The calculation formulas had the side effect of what you'll see with weapons in era on TLP. Dzarn [dev] already said they will re-evaluate the formula if it proves to be underpowered on TLP servers.

So, again, it wasn't a nerf. TLP just got hit with a side effect of improving Live. Not like changes to TLP have ever had negative repercussions on Live... Oh... :rolleyes:
    Sheex and Fallfyres like this.
  11. taliefer Augur

this is...not good. at all. swing agro is a signifcant portion of agro generation for warriors right now. and alot of that is from damage bonus.
    Simone likes this.
  12. AbyssalLord Journeyman

Going back to the OP. Whats wrong wtih wizards? Our wizards top every single parse. Use more lures?
  13. Abracadabra Augur

Your monks are bad if they're being out parsed by wizards, outside of fights like Gorenaire and Hoshkar.
  14. Mwapo Augur

So what class do I reroll now that Mages are totally neutered?
  15. Azzudien Augur

Not really neutered if you are just playing mage in group setting, but seriously appears to be neutered if you have more then a few on a raid.
  16. Abracadabra Augur

I'm actually a little disappointed in the pet fix, they went pretty far out of their way to implement coding that didn't need to be added. Seriously all they needed to do was increase the mana cost of the pet spells to something close to 80-90% of the total mana cost of the lowest naked int caster. Instead they are crippling pet class dps, as its not uncommon to have 7-8 necros and 7-8 magicians on a raid of 72.

At the very least they should remove the damage output nerf.
  17. Sulerill Elder

I think the stupidest part of the pet buff is that the damage reduction, that's what really kills mages and necros in a raid setting the most, I don't care if my pet dies in 1 hit if hes tanking, hell if he's tanking a raid mob, we are wiping as is.
  18. Finley Augur

I'd suggest stop playing FotM and you won't have to reroll every time a wave of nerfs is released. Every guild uses every class on this server; play what is most fun for you. If being OP/most in demand is what you consider fun, I suggest rogue/wizard for raiding or a tank/enchanter/cleric for group.
    Malachi likes this.
  19. Numiko Augur

one of the dev's posted that there is a bug on test currently that shows the Damage Bonus 1 lower then it should be.
  20. Asheran Augur

Nah, useless is an understatement. After 11 mages / necros are on a raid, any additional pets actually result in a dps DECREASE. 11 mage pets will put out a dps total similar to ~6 mages without the debuff. However, 70 mage pets would only put out a dps total similar to ~3.5 mages without the dps.

So yeah, on bosses that are highly resistant to fire and magic (quite a few classic / kunark mobs), each pet class over 11 causes negative raid dps.