Stop buffing melee

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zithax, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Zithax Elder

This is getting out of hand, DBG. I already lose on parses to SK's and monks discing except on fights long enough for me to expend my entire mana bar, even then it's a toss up. With the flat AA percentage buff, now you are buffing damage bonuses? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE, GENTLEMEN.

THIS IS MY DEMAND:
    #BuffTLPWizards

We must lock arms and join together in unity to demand a buff to spell damage.

#WizardsOnStrike
    #DBGYou'reOnNotice
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Oh, the humanity.

#purplemonkeydishwasher
    Elricvonclief, Mayfaire and Silv like this.
  3. Ducreux Augur

#wizardsonstrike

4. Aekold Augur

But Zithax, now our melee dps can carry you to a #AoN!
  5. HonorablePally Lorekeeper

Grats on 2h double damage bonuses SKs
  6. Esper Augur

On the bright side, increased pet wall nerf.
  7. Azzudien Augur

As a monk, I completely approve the test patch notes

I will be curious to see how much they re-tuned Mark of the old ways
  8. Riou EQResource

9. Bewts Augur

Will the change to some of the click buffs render some items useless for insta-clicks? I may have read it wrong, but it sounded like AoB and Grim Aura clicks will be permanent self aura buffs now?

Looks like kunark 2her going to be the way to go for everyone that can wield one these days. Wonder if it also includes bow damage for Rangers? Be interesting to see how that would play out with EQ/AM3 Rangers later on if that's the case.
  10. Esper Augur

Max Before:

1: Increase Hit Damage Taken by 50%
    6: Decrease Hit Damage by 50%
    7: Decrease Min Hit Damage by 50%
    9: Decrease All Resists by 500

Max After:

1: Increase Hit Damage Taken by 500%
    6: Decrease Hit Damage by 95%
    7: Decrease Min Hit Damage by 50%
    9: Decrease All Resists by 1100
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. Esper Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/september-patch-preview.226581/#post-3324743

Bewts likes this.
  12. Porygon Augur

This would require 75 pets...easier to just post something that people would find useful, like 15 pets would be....

Before
    1: Increase Hit Damage Taken by 10%
    6: Decrease Hit Damage by 10%
    7: Decrease Min Hit Damage by 10%
    9: Decrease All Resists by 100

After
    1: Increase Hit Damage Taken by 100%
    6: Decrease Hit Damage by 75%
    7: Decrease Min Hit Damage by 10%
    9: Decrease All Resists by 300
  13. Sulerill Elder

Since when do necros pet wall things?! Its like being lumped in with those people because you look kinda like them.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. jasol New Member

My theory is that necro petwall wasn't ever a thing bc frenzic monopolized all the skele spawns :p 10milplatwhaaaaaaaat

Bonechips..... the untapped market.
    Sheex likes this.
  15. Bewts Augur

You mean you don't see Mage armies now part Mage part necro?

I spent about 4 hours last night popping between the three solB instances hoping to catch magus up - my pally can use the mask, and my Mage could use the shield.

In all 3 instances were necro groups of 5, pets up, FD themselves at the magus spawn. Necro pet walling is clearly alive and well.
  16. JustAQuestion Elder

Correct!

Adjust the numbers a bit more so that everything above 15 is getting a joke.
    And make a Debuff-Version for normal Mobs where 3 is the maximun and put it on every mob!

Also add a Casttime increase and a Manacost increase to the owner of a debuffed pet for the next pet summone!

Get rid of the stupid mages armies... it's about time!
  17. Ghubuk Augur

How are they aggroing the Magus if fd?
  18. Riou EQResource

No, you can still use the insta click to have a "dummy" buff if a mob dispells or something, you just get the benefit always innately
  19. Bewts Augur

No experience with necros, but I'm assuming a mix of /target and /pet attack similar to bonechip farming at the nek spires? I don't expect FD would stop your pet from attacking mobs that spawn in naggy's lair.
  20. -wycca Augur

The patch message is very non-descriptive.

After some research, this appears like it will actually be a dmg bonus nerf on TLP atm.

Why? The dmg bonus now appears to be calculated, for both 1h and 2h, based upon weapon ratio. There may also be a level calculation (not sure).