Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Feradach Augur

It shouldn't have to be confirmed. That is a mechanic that Dzarn stated would be in place before the zone even went live. If it's not happening, then it should be reported and looked in to.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  2. Iila Augur

Someone on Xegony got the Force of Corruption proc aug from the front field a couple days ago. Tradable version that was different from the ones we had.
  3. sarthek New Member

Wow nice Lila! Hopefully they drop from field of Strife too, because the first field doesn't have the faction mobs everyone needs.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Why would anyone buy a staff for two or three kronos on content that came out 2 days ago? There no logical reason to do so other than having cash to burn or plat to burn.
  5. Dazzler Twodirks Lorekeeper

On E Marr people are trying to get up to 2 Kronos per staff.
    Someone was auctioning 3 completed bows for 6 Kronos.
  6. Revulsion Elder

well at least on CT mob spawns and insta killed people been sitting on spawn points for 4 days straight and not moving talked to one guy who said he got 10 bow staffs in one day and will continue to get the staffs till his entire guild has anough for the mains and alts and if you get in his camp at all he will make your gaming experience a living nightmare so he said. you cant get a staff on CT unless you want to pay 1 mil plat for it, thats the going rate, or what people are asking for it, not all but some, the stonewood compound bows selling in bazaar for 500k to 1 mil plat and if you think you are going to get one in the next 2 weeks you better give it up because it wont happen unless you got the plat to get it. as far as staff drops if you want one forget it every tree that spawns has at least 4 to 5 people standing on its spawn point. so yes make poearth instanced or make it so the staff drops every kill and not be so freaking rare.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

What we're getting here - is a Krononoscapy. :D
    -Rat
  8. Edrick Augur

I'm going to cancel, all the cool kids are doing it. Give me my Stonewood Stave or give me death.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Elricvonclief Augur

That would be hilariously fun. A modern free for all epic battle!
  10. Ratbo Peep Augur

Really? Name?
    PM me here if needed.
    -Rat
  11. Iila Augur

Also, increase the levels of the elemental planes mobs to 95-105, and give certain mob types undead aggro.

Then stream those zones on twitch.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Kelefane Augur

Also, make ALL of the mobs spawn 35 Muses (like Windsong raid) every 5%.
    Leerah likes this.
  13. Langya Augur

Some people have hundreds of millions of plats and hundreds of Krono just rotting away. The market is geared for them. If you have 50-100k plat.....well, you're screwed. Have fun camping it the item you need and competing with those farming to serve the deep pocket set.

As for my take on PoWar: I am glad its in. I am glad its challenging and requires some tedious faction work as well as progression. I am glad the static zone is permanent, but I know full well that someone with limited free time who is not a raider is going to have to give this zone a pass for a while until the dust settles a bit. Those who cancelled accounts over this (whatever, sounds like lies to me) could have just been patient.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

PoWar (although we havn't figured it all out yet) is a fun zone.

The flag to get to level 2 requiring that bow is stupid. They could skip the bow, just combine the diamond with some vendor buyable bow, and solve a whole lot of strife while keeping the rest of the zone and it's uniqueness interesting.

It's sad that the biggest bottleneck to people enjoying a new zone is a 10 year old zone.
    Fenthen and Elricvonclief like this.
  15. Elricvonclief Augur

I fully agree Big.

I still like Arwyn's idea,

I propose the following solution.

Story: The influence of the re-emergence of the Plane of War ripples through the Elemental Planes and many deep changes emerge as the taint of Zek spreads across the Planes. Prepare yourselves for battle.

Mechanics:
    • Increase the drop rate on the components used for Plane of War access quests by tenfold.
    • Enable Player vs. Player Combat in each PoP Elemental Zone.
    • Double the NPC spawn rate in each PoP Elemental Zone.
    Rationale is simple. It fits with the flavor of this material, and SOE isn't going to make everyone happy regardless of what changes are made. So lets make this a bit more fun and alot more dangerous.
  16. Latteralus New Member

Absolutely the worst quest to see new content I have ever seen in this game.. Been playing since 2k and I have no idea why the developers would stick this bottleneck in a lvl 65 zone. I hate bottle necks but at least put it in a level appropriate zone...hell put it in plane of war.
    Love hard content but there is nothing hard about this bottle neck....its a time sink that doesnt even require you to be at the CPU. Nothing like 40 peeps in plane of Earth at 4 am in the morning on a light server.

I said from the beginning I would wait abit for the nutty behavior to die down but stupid implentation is well stupid. I really hope they rethink this cause the farmers are gonna own this for awhile.
  17. Bamkan Augur

[Sun Apr 06 00:40:03 2014] an Unkempt Arborean comes to life before your eyes and begins to attack you.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:03 2014] an Unkempt Arborean was hit by non-melee for 39 points of damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:03 2014] An Unkempt Arborean was pierced by thorns.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:03 2014] An Unkempt Arborean hits YOU for 477 points of damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:03 2014] an Unkempt Arborean goes on a RAMPAGE!
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:03 2014] An Unkempt Arborean hits Freeber for 360 points of damage. (Rampage)
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:03 2014] an Unkempt Arborean was hit by non-melee for 39 points of damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:03 2014] An Unkempt Arborean bashes YOU for 81 points of damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:05 2014] Freeber pierces an Unkempt Arborean for 2833 points of damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:05 2014] Freeber pierces an Unkempt Arborean for 2833 points of damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:05 2014] Freeber pierces an Unkempt Arborean for 1015 points of damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:05 2014] Freeber frenzies on an Unkempt Arborean for 1453 points of damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:05 2014] Freeber frenzies on an Unkempt Arborean for 1611 points of damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:05 2014] Freeber frenzies on an Unkempt Arborean for 1453 points of damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:05 2014] Freeber hit an Unkempt Arborean for 16971 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:05 2014] Freeber delivers a critical blast! (16971)
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:05 2014] An Unkempt Arborean is pummeled from a distance by a giant throwing axe.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:05 2014] Freeber begins to cast a spell. <Battle Stomp>
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:06 2014] Freeber frenzies on an Unkempt Arborean for 1949 points of damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:06 2014] an Unkempt Arborean's corpse crumbles in hundreds of broken branches and lies motionless.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:06 2014] Freeber frenzies on an Unkempt Arborean for 2589 points of damage.
    [Sun Apr 06 00:40:06 2014] an Unkempt Arborean has been slain by Freeber!

Thats a KS - i got my got my guy parked at the spot grouped witrh another person with 2 DPS mercs.

The abilities he used to get it tho is suspect. He's managed 5 at least diffferent key presses in that second.

I'm not going to accuse this person of anything - but you can clearly see the mob his ME and then this other person took it within 1-2 secs. I had 2 DPS mercs and they couldn't respond in time.

This is 1 person, no mecs.

Checking 2nite - there are 7 single spot people of this guild holding spots.
  18. Stephen51 Augur

Ok, Ive just been into PoE again, this time on-peak still more than enough people to kill the mobs as they spawn. It's just not my style to stand on top of these people, and nuke it as it pops, and then be accused of KSing etc. Right now the Leet Guilds are in there farming them, and believe me most take no prisoners in anything they do. Once they go, after they and their alts are flagged, the plat sellers will move in. Already bows are being sold for around 750k, the staffs for 500k. I guess this year I will just give the anniversary stuff a miss.

I'd like to ask whoever was responsible for this, after 15 years of EQ, was this how you envisaged things to play out?
  19. Casidia Augur

Just means you are still a normal player Stephen, if you don't feel like fighting over this silly drop or spending your real time on this. Or caring about plat in a 15y old game, prolly means you have a real job. I wouldn't worry about it, ignoring this with a shrug is the normal persons reaction.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

@Bamkan: I saw a wizard on our server doing that at the zone in pops yesterday. The absolute second the mob popped, the tree was killed with a fast nuke. It was pretty obvious it was automated since the person didn't move after the 3 trees around were dead for a few mins, then went and looted everything.