Still no Xfer to Phinny from RF?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ranuvien, Aug 4, 2016.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If they allowed transfers everyone would go to RF, level up a 60 in 1/3rd the time and just transfer it over to phinny because boxing + 3rd party tools = easy mode level speed
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Where did those krono come from to begin with?

More hyperbole. Krono were never over 8k on Phinny aside from a few outliers and it took months to get there. On April 1, for example, krono were about 5k.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

All Krono comes from DBG Initially.

Say DBG sold 25,000 krono on the TLP server overall.....
    Say the currently supply is 10,000 krono floating on people's characters

The question you want to ask is how much does DBG lose in terms of $ when the choice to buy a krono goes from $18 to $9 and krono is plentiful to buy from other sources.

I've yet to meet a person in-game that bought the krono initially from DBG, whoever those people are thank you, because you fuel the game. While the rest of us buy with plat or 50%+ off when needed.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

That was my point.

Once a krono is purchased from Daybreak it doesn't matter what happens to it. Whether it's purchased for cash on a gray site or bought in-game for platinum. It's all the same. Their best hope is that the krono ends up in the hands of hoarders. ;)
  5. Strawberry Augur

DBG makes money from the fact that Krono are tradeable.

The reason is that people who used to refuse to pay $15 a month, now simply buy krono with pp from others buying krono for them. At the end of the day there are more subscribed players, making DBG more money.

That's why phinni is a forced sub server. TLP are money makers thanks to Krono.

The reason it doesn't happen on regular servers is because it would be a retroactive decision annoying some players, and the potential to make money there is so much lower, most active player are already subbed on live servers.

And yes Krono totally messes up the EQ economy on TLP, and yes it attracts illegal activity, and yes it inflates prices, and yes it's RMT...but at the end of the day, DBG cares about making money.

And the fact there is an illegal aftermarket krono trade happening on the side, I don't think they care too much. It affects them in some way, but not exactly in a negative way.

This is how it used to work prior to krono:

[IMG]

This is how it works right now:

[IMG]
  6. Strawberry Augur

The illegal trade happens here, but as you can see, it doesn't actually affect DBG in any meaningful way.

What it does do is affect the value of items and pp, it greatly affects the EQ economy on TLP.

You could make an argument that there is a DBG incentive to go after krono farmers though, the fact that the krono they hold on their account are wiped clean. You don't want a server with an overabundance of krono, since that will stiffle krono sales.

[IMG]
  7. bodes Augur

I think you're completely overlooking the relationship between those krono farmers and players unwilling to pay for subs. The more krono farmers there are on a server the harder it gets to buy kronos in game. A player who was willing to spend 2-3 hours farming a krono before may be unwilling to do so when krono farmers have driven them up to prices that take 8+ hours of farming.

Not to mention the normal sub players who just get fed up with box teams stealing their camps and quit because the game is no longer fun, as we saw quite frequently on ragefire.
  8. Seraphix Elder

I don't understand why they don't just disable player to player krono sales on TLPs. Players can still use their existing krono and farm/sell/buy on any other server to pay for their subs. I don't see the downside.
  9. bodes Augur

Because joining TLPs late is rough. Dropping a few krono to twink yourself at level 1 and get a leg up on the XP grind is really helpful to a brand new player. New players are a server's lifeblood and anything done to discourage them is bad.
  10. Hinastorm86 Augur

I dont like that this is an acceptable way to keep new players from being turned off initially, but much faster lower lv (1-10) exp gets people in a tizzy =/
  11. Kahna04 Journeyman

It decreases the value of a krono by eliminating an entire subset of players (TLP players) from the krono market. TLP players would buy fewer kronos, and DBG's would make less money. They will never be disabled, no reason to even discuss it. It doesn't really matter because they have a marginal impact on the economy and player behavior. They are just a different type of currency, if RMT people weren't selling krono they would be selling plat/gear/characters. Same as they did back in 1999. Anyone who thinks different has rose colored glasses on. (Or maybe they are just sweet and naive and think that RMT wasn't a big thing back then.)