start to log in then client closes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by anarchaos, Mar 16, 2019.

1. anarchaos New Member

well was able to log in this morning but went to zone out of halas and client crashed again
  2. aludain New Member

I had this happen try going into main folder and deleting toonname_selo and ui_toonname_selo and logging in. It worked for me
  3. Trance Lorekeeper

Finally got in on that char after many attempts, crashed on zone.
  4. DeseanJackson Augur

Same deal here. I had this issue last night on one chat and it eventually stopped. That char is fine today but now the same issue is affecting another char on a different laptop that had zero issues yesterday.
  5. Roarg New Member

Same here. Cannot log in my main character without crashing to desktop..Can load in other character on same account just fine.
  6. waldo_eq New Member

I believe this is primarily caused by garbage data being written to you ui_*.ini file. I've crashed a couple times while loading or logging off, and when I try to get back in run in to this issue. Sometimes you can spot the bad data in the file and delete it using notepad, other times I've had to delete the file and let the system create a new one. Suspect it is related to the new chat tabs feature, but have no hard evidence of that.

I've found bad data generally near the bottom in the ChatWindow#_ChatChannel, TellTarget, or DefaultChannel entries. Will either be non-ascii text or some large number like 127938457. Blank it or set it to -1.
  7. kalzran New Member

To resolve my issues,
    I removed my UI_name_server file
    then started EQ back up. I got in and its been fine since.

And there was much rejoicing
  8. Suchabig New Member

If this could get fixed, that'd be just fantastic.. seeing as how you've had issues for the entirety of launch so far.
  9. Sirhc Apprentice

Im having the same issue right now, I cant log in to my original toon but can make new ones fine. Game completely crashes upon entering world.
  10. koldyne Lorekeeper

Q: How will you be handling the rush of players at launch?
    Zones have a form of load-balancing that can spawn another version of a zone when the current zone gets too full.
    Once those zones reach a certain threshold of players (which varies based on the size of the zone), it will spawn another version of itself. You will be able to choose which version of the zone you want to enter, or you will be able to use the /pickzone command to choose another version of the zone you are in. This should let people group up with friends while still being able to find things to kill and interact plenty of other players.
    We also utilize technology to dynamically increase the maximum number of characters allowable on a server at any given time. Between these two systems, we expect to be able to handle the players who want to play on the new server on the first day.

This is per their own post regarding what to expect at server launch.. I am afraid they missed the mark. I am also having client crash problems.
  11. Boosi Lorekeeper

affecting me as well
  12. Hamshire Augur

also had the issue and deleting the UI fixed it
  13. beastietoy New Member

DGB gonna fix this issue? Pain to delete ui every dang time I log into that charc.
  14. Hamshire Augur

Copying another toons UI might be the cause of it, its what i did when mine broke.
  15. a_librarian Augur

I had this problem but selecting 'Use Default UI' worked to let me log into that character after crashing out like 5 times in a row
  16. a_librarian Augur

This problem has returned now on a different character/PC and selecting Default UI isn't helping. Extremely annoying issue
  17. Dailor Augur

Delete your character/server .ini and UI and you should be good to go.
  18. PaydroSmokedro New Member

19. 1018_01 Elder

Clicked reset UI to default at character select screen, and the problem stopped. Hope it helps
  20. a_librarian Augur

This is extremely annoying