Live Update Bugs 03/13/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Dewey Augur

Bloodmoon Howler Trolog in GMM see's rogue SoS. I hope this is a bug and not intentional(Unless you are going to give us more dps to compensate as you slowly take away our invis. More DPS is always nice)

Anyways, I hope that this is just a slight oversight and it'll get fixed. I hope it was not intentional. If it was intentional, I am wondering on what makes this mob see us? What makes him "Special"
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

In the GMM mission "Ironing Out the Legion," the sixth step bugs out if a mob dies while it is inactive (in particular, it happened to me on the 10th of 10 mobs, if that matters). No additional mobs spawned, so I had to abandon the mission.

Get to the furnace quickly and stop the Legion from breaking anything. 0/10 (Gnome Memorial Mountain)
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  3. Dewey Augur

Chat window bug. When a guildie put a link to a website in the guild text. Then it just kinda stayed there. Hard to discribe but I will try. If I increased the size of the guild window; the chat font bottom line became the link. I could not scroll up, I could not see things in guild after that link was copy/pasted. All I saw every time I changed the size of the guild chat window was the link and the guild conversation prior to that link. I had to clear the window for guild chat to work again.

Another bug the illusion for the culture of blood illusion does not break if you do a hostle action. The text says it will break. I am glad it doesn't, because now I have a cool new illusion.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Created a char on Selo. Copied layout from another char I have, but it has not split the chat tabs you have created for me. Had to do that manually, now I cannot move the chat windows.

Can't find away to get the filters the same as previous char.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Danger Zone
    Even with a full group, these mobs might be overtuned. My raid-geared SK is lasting 3 seconds with full discs, even Deflection.
    I think the Deadly Restraints (no apparent warning, all damage in one round) might be a problem:
    Code:
    [Sun Mar 17 03:31:07 2019] Irenia hit Irenia for 100100 points of unresistable damage by Deadly Restraints.
    [Sun Mar 17 03:31:07 2019] Clamps clank around your ankles.  You have taken 98350 points of damage.
    [Sun Mar 17 03:31:07 2019] Irenia hit Irenia for 100100 points of unresistable damage by Deadly Restraints.
    [Sun Mar 17 03:31:07 2019] Clamps clank around your ankles.  You have taken 98350 points of damage.
    [Sun Mar 17 03:31:07 2019] Whirlrender Scout begins to cast a spell. <Balance of the Nameless>
    [Sun Mar 17 03:31:07 2019] Your Tendon Slice spell has worn off of Whirlrender Scout.
    [Sun Mar 17 03:31:07 2019] Your Refute for Power Rk. III spell has worn off of Whirlrender Scout.
    [Sun Mar 17 03:31:07 2019] Your Guard of the Reptile Curse III spell has worn off of Whirlrender Scout.
    [Sun Mar 17 03:31:07 2019] You have been knocked unconscious!
    [Sun Mar 17 03:31:07 2019] You have been slain by Irenia!

6. FaloverC Journeyman

Mounts are no longer available on Coirnav via the DB store. There is no mount purchase option as of 3/16/2019.
  7. Nniki Augur

Spelling in 20th Anniversary Challenge...

twighlight should be twilight
    surounded should be surrounded
    quite should be quiet

[IMG]
  8. Nniki Augur

First step of the task What's Cooking:
    - Find and taste whatever the chef's are cooking.

chef's should be chefs
  9. Melorabo New Member

Could some consideration be made towards making Guild Hall Traveler (Visit your Guild Hall) an optional achievement? Currently Norrathian Explorer cannot be completed without joining a guild.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is a free in game guild you can join for the quest then leave it.
  11. Nniki Augur

The achievement descriptions for obtaining the Couture and Verdant clockwork ornaments are reversed. Verdant is tradeskilled, and Couture is dropped.

[IMG]
  12. Kinadorm Augur

Mobs in GMM aren't dropping any cash loot items or platinum or even global tradeskill items. They only drop the collection items and quest items for the zone.

Also, should there be a way to raise the Iron Legion faction? Killing the orcs doesn't increase that faction.
  13. Tyreel Augur

After completing the second raid event in GMM Treema Springsworth fails to send you to the next event.
    Treema Springsworthy shivers uncontrollably, unable to assist while the raid is in progress!
    This is after we finished handing out loot from the chest.
    Endaar likes this.
  14. Gio-Cefalu Augur

This happened to us twice. We enter the instance and complete a few tasks. On step 3: Stop whatever those Iron Legion mechanics are up to. 0/1 (Gnome Memorial Mountain), we first kill a giant spider (drops nothing. not sure if this is intentional) and his buddies, and then we go to kill 1 secretive mechanic. He's up next to one of the statues, and you cannot pull him down to you. We have to jump onto the platform to engage him, and really quickly we see an emote across the screen when it bugs out (can't remember the emote). The first time our task just dropped completely at this point, and we booted after the timer ran out. The second time, we were midway through battle with the secretive mechanic when the zone simply crashed.
  15. a_librarian Augur

Getting repeated Crashes to Desktop when attempting to log into a character on Selo. I'm able to load up to the character select screen fine and click Enter World. The loading screen shows up and progresses a while but the client suddenly crashes to desktop before reaching the game. Then I have to boot this character when I reach the server select screen, and the process repeats.

I'm able to log into all other characters without issue except that one, which is the only one I played and modified the UI with a copylayout. I was able to resolve the issue by selecting use Default UI but now am having the same issue on my other computer and that did not resolve it.

Repost from TLP forums about people with this issue. Seriously showstopping issue for trying to enjoy the new servers.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/start-to-log-in-then-client-closes.256193/
  16. Grogak The Champion

I don't know when it happened but Runnyeye some of the spawns are all kinds of messed up. Goblins trying to walk through walls and half the goblins pathing at the base of one of the ramps. I also don't recall there ever being a roaming Evil Eye at any point either.

I noticed this on Selo, however to verify that it wasn't just an isolated incident I checked Test and it too is reflecting the same behavior. Sporalis seem fine.
  17. Chalkstix Journeyman

Tracking doesn't seem to be affected by the faster skillup gain that was introduced in one of the latest patches. I don't know if it's a bug, if I'm super unlucky with skill gains or if tracking is somehow considered a "tradeskill" in some database, but I gain foraging skillups much faster than tracking even though they are both on low skill levels. They are not near my skill-cap for my current level, so I don't think that's the reason.
  18. Nniki Augur

Game Update Notes: May 16, 2018
  19. Oh Nose New Member

After the last update, when using either the default or a custom UI random elements of the UI are not saving the X and Y positions correctly or at all.

What I have done so far is to:
    Exit the game
    Delete/rename UI_toonname_server.ini
    Launch the game and login as toon to generate new .ini file
    Modify default UI
    Zone to force a save of INI file
    Slow camp to desktop
    Launch the game and login as toon
    Outcome - Random elements of UI not saving location position

Repeated this process using several custom UI's same result.

The Hotbutton bar seems to be the most affected by this. On several toons the [HotButtonWnd] elements will save the X position correctly but not the Y position. The fast camp confirmation box does not save either X or Y. Window selector will save the Y position but not X.

I also created a new toon on the Mangler server and got similar results.

Additionally, the EQ client is still stealing focus from the foreground application which it should not be doing.
  20. PaydroSmokedro New Member

Symptom: Crash to desktop when trying to enter world on a character.

Potential Cause: Joining a chat channel and assigning it to a tab/window, without setting autojoin causes a null reference or some other exception when trying to assign that chat channel to that window when the UI loads, looking for a channel in the character's joined channels that doesn't exist.

Workaround: Open UI_Character_server.ini and manually add the ChannelAutoJoin=channel:key,channel2:key string in the [ChatManager] ini section. Alternatively, delete UI_Character_server.ini and reset your windows.