Stability AB

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Diani, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deillusional Augur

Yesterday Arx Raid, Mass Disconnection instance stayed up though at around:

[Sun Sep 27 17:06:19 2015] uk time.
  2. Adroxia Elder

Huge lag occurring at 20.38 UK time Monday
  3. BoingyBoing Journeyman

Server currently crashing right now, cant zone into GH/chat doesn't appear .
  4. douxreve Elder

I never posted here, but it become really annoying on AB. Raid lags, roll back every hour, channels lags, AB became totally unplayable. Why not stop this server and move on another server all the AB population?
  5. Ragbert Elder

Major Tom to Ground Control... I'm floating in a most peculiar way.
    Elricvonclief and Pizzicato like this.
  6. fortuneteller Augur

A thing you could try. Make a char, on an account log onto AB server, place it in any zone. Then let the char stay there, and I am sure you will have time, location and such for a situation within 2 hours.

Maybe make multiple chars and place in different zones and you will get more data.

Data that is uncontaminated.
  7. Adroxia Elder

Lag began at 20.38, starting my zoning but never completed.
    Disconnected at 20.42. Disconnected and booted out of EQ totally, normally I would just be disconnected to server select
    Able to log straight back in.
  8. Diani Augur

This is what one account saw when the server went poof
    Trying to zone into PoK From BLightfire moors
    [Sun Sep 27 21:30:59 2015] The destination zone denied entry...
    Trying to zone into Maidens Eye from dawnshroud peeks
    [Sun Sep 27 22:51:13 2015] The destination zone denied entry...
    Trying to zone into the Nexus from shadowhaven
    [Mon Sep 28 21:36:37 2015] The destination zone denied entry...

This is happening a lot and often the server goes bouncy bounce when this happeneds

BTW my times are central european
  9. Alba New Member

huge lag during Arx raid just now at 20:45 gmt ... event triggered and i get instant splat along with the negative xp again ... around 90secs lag looking at logs :(
  10. usernamealreadyexist Journeyman

We are aware of the issue but do not currently have any news of a fix or resolution. If you would like to help the team track down the cause of the crash, please provide additional information (i.e., what zone were you in, what were you doing) in this forum thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php...

you want info ? ok.. let the spam begin!
  11. Diani Augur

Guess what, I posted about the AB-server on Facebook this afternoon...and now Facebook looks #smurfed%
  12. Ragbert Elder

Are you sure the server is not paging? The overall performance goes to a crawl on server side (tells take a very long time, task events can take minutes before registering etc.). People getting booted could simply be explained that the sessions time out from the login service. Reasons why a server pages could be from just simply misconfiguration but more likely a leak (memory, sockets, file descriptors). All this should however be painfully obvious if you are monitoring the server.
    usernamealreadyexist likes this.
  13. Shogan Journeyman

log snipet at the time the crash in arx occured no dbg - inof since that file gets overwritten each time client is started and i had to restart client after crash; timezone is berlin (GMT + 2) :

[Mon Sep 28 19:21:24 2015] Pippi scores a critical hit! (5123)
    [Mon Sep 28 19:21:24 2015] Mohan scores a critical hit! (6343)
    [Mon Sep 28 19:21:24 2015] Nicemen begins to cast a spell. <Fear Coma>
    [Mon Sep 28 19:21:24 2015] Custodias begins to cast a spell. <Primal Fusion Strike>
    [Mon Sep 28 19:21:24 2015] Nilzera begins to cast a spell. <Mindcleave Rk. II>
    [Mon Sep 28 19:21:24 2015] Mohwak begins to cast a spell. <Spirit of Visoracius Strike III>
    [Mon Sep 28 19:21:24 2015] You can't use that command while casting...
    [Mon Sep 28 19:21:24 2015] Hsishi has left the raid.
    [Mon Sep 28 19:21:43 2015] You cannot perform that action while the raid is locked.
    [Mon Sep 28 19:26:47 2015] You are not currently assigned to an adventure.
    [Mon Sep 28 19:26:55 2015] Announcing now off
  14. Mr_Shadow Journeyman

I often (not always) seem to crash when zoning. Which is currently mostly between Luclin zones since that's where I am at the moment. I don't know if it's coincidence or if my zoning could be somehow contributing to the crashes...

I am playing from Hong Kong.
  15. cadres Augur

20.42. Both traders booted to char select from bazaar
    They were, well, trading
    (can't put them in offline mode as can't see when they're booted every couple of hours - perhaps DB has shares in energy companies??)
  16. Nyane Journeyman

Asking for info for the first time now when we already have this problems for weeks is late! Better late than never, but we haven't been able to play normally on AB during all this time. Anything with instances is risky, as updates take forever and you can get booted at any point, miss updates when you come back, and start over. During raid hours (8-11 p.m. CET) the lag is crazy and you get booted at least once. My ping is twice as high as normal during the day, and three times as much during the evening. Everyone learned to split money to save your character as often as you can, and especially if you got loot or an achievement. It's really frustrating for us AB people so it would be nice if you made this a priority now. It hasn't felt like one so far!
  17. Razgadz Lorekeeper

a clever move to merge the threads - it doesn't hide the problems though -

And now the only thing we know for sure is that someone is aware of the issue ...

It would have been nice to see an answer from Holly Longdale (the Execute Producer of EQ + EQ2 )

The reason for making a thread like 'An open letter to Holly Longdale' was to get the Attention of someone that might adress the Problem, get someone on the task to fix it.

Yes , i do avoid Twitter - can't really discuss there , Facebook isnt that much better for communication and well i don't have the email adress of Holly to adress it directly - Forums are still a good way of discussing with your community - maybe this is the time to start it ...
  18. hackermom New Member

well, no crashes for several hours. good news? no one knows, because no one answers. trader up in offline mode, we will see in the morning. let's hope for the best, shall we? an announcement would be in order from daybreak...
  19. Igniz Augur

Considering there are plenty of technophile players in your community (not me, mind you!) and your staff seems to be at the end of their wits (if you really still require "more information" and this wasn't just an attempt at stonewalling) - you might consider disclosing AB's server architecture so that more qualified staff can start diagnosing the most glaring breaking points.
  20. Lheo Augur

Server seems fixed now :)
    Thank you DBGames :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.