Spell Haste not working

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zachton Soulstriker, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

Every healer in my guild has noticed heals are not going as quickly as they should. I keep timing my light heals at 2.7-2.9 seconds for example. It should be 2.3. Buffs etc seem to be off as well, but it is most noticeable with heals. I thought maybe it was just me (I haven't been on for a week due to travel) but I'm told it has been like this for several days. I didn't see a thread on it so I thought I'd start one.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

When you right click on the spell them, it shows the spell and the casting time. When you have spell haste on you it drops accordingly. Now, is that time showing the reduced time or the unreduced time?

If it is not showing the reduced time, it becomes easy to post that here and prove there is a bug somewhere. If it is showing the reduced time but the time isn't really reduced, that becomes harder to show.
  3. svann Augur

Jboots are slower too.
    Seriously though, if you want feedback you should at least say what spell you are talking about. If its all spells then pick one.
  4. Crystilla Augur

He did say "light" spell. (Why that's being used is for a post in the healer forum *grins*. But to Zachton, you may want to do something like this.

The spell I am referring to is ________.
    Without any spell haste (or my focus armor that hastens spells), the base cast time says _____.
    When I add just my focus armor, the base cast time says _____.
    When I add just my spell haste (no armor), the base cast time says ____.
    When I add both spell haste and focus armor, the base cast time says _____.

Then, add if you're experiencing lag, what focus you have for arms and neck.
    Axxius and Coronay like this.
  5. svann Augur

dont forget to figure aa haste (assuming healers have that)
  6. Crystilla Augur

Nothing passive Shirak for clerics, just an activated one.
  7. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

The spell I am referring to is Reverent Light (used in this case as a higher cast time heal to better test the delay).
    Without any spell haste (or my focus armor that hastens spells), the base cast time says 3.8.
    When I add just my focus armor, the base cast time says 2.6.
    When I add just my spell haste (no armor), the base cast ime says 3.4.
    When I add both spell haste and focus armor, the base cast time says 2.3.
    Now it takes 2.9 seconds to cast with everything on. (I just tried several more times.)
    We just had a returning cleric tonight, who was asking if there was something wrong with heals, I was gone for a good part of a week and several druids say it is even worse for them. So, I assumed, this was something others were noticing.
    My focus for arms and neck are irrelevant, they boost heal % not spell haste, but my boots are Jacyll's March wich is 30% spell haste up to level 103 :p
    Xegony server?
  8. Pootersox New Member

Sorry that I cannot provide all those nice little test runs for info.

But the druids in my guild are all experiencing the same thing: our spells are definitely casting slower than a week ago.
  9. Crystilla Augur

Do you have this issue with another spell as well - like either of the remedies or renewals?
  10. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

Renewals yes, Remedy seems slower, but I haven't timed it yet, I"m typing this while leading raids. :)
  11. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

Renewals are coming in at just over 2.1-2.2 seconds. should be 1.8.
    Remedy is already quick... so hastening doesn't do anything to it. However, the 0.5 cast time comes in over 0.66 each time I try it. Harder to say on that.
    I don't have a druid to check things on.
  12. mackal Augur

Casting Faithful Remedy on my CLR (1.8 second cast time):
    2081 ms
    1937 ms
    2055 ms
    2052 ms
    2034 ms
    2069 ms
    2073 ms
    1927 ms
    2030 ms

Other things are off by similar times, so either from my measurements, ping, or everything is off :p woo useful post :p
  13. Roxxanna Augur

A kitten dies everytime someone casts Ardent Light, remove it from your gems......do it for the kittys.
  14. Repthor Augur

do you have other warriors in yoru group then normal. thats not castign warlords charge (3 warrior can keep it at a 100% uptime) that whould push down your spell even further in cast time
  15. RPoo Augur

I could have sworn unity rune was .3 sec but now it's saying .5 sec...
  16. Mookus Augur

Time to check if my nukes are casting at the supposed modified cast time when I get home.
  17. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

I don't know about the warrior ability, I'm just concerned about healers being able to heal effectively. Yes, there may be more abilities to further hasten things, but if abilities aren't hastening properly or spells are not casting properly that is a bigger issue.
  18. Crystilla Augur

I tried casting some spells today during lunch, but it's hard to quantify this as an issue when the EQ logs don't go to the tenth of a decimal on time. My "feel" is that any of the heals that are 3.0 second or more are having some haste issues, but it isn't appearing in the actual cast time bar - those appear to be showing correctly and the spell descriptions are showing correctly as well.

I tried out a few theories:

a) Theory 1 - the new change they made so that multiple procs could occur might have affected the cast based on order somehow. This didn't pan out.

b) Theory 2 - the # of procs you have (e.g. I have 3) make a difference in the cast time, so I tried it with 0 procs on, 1 proc and 3 procs. This didn't pan out.

c) Theory 3 - That I would see similar 'long' casts even with different spell haste effects on. This did pan out, though is very hard to actually quantify it.
  19. mackal Augur

4: Allowing spells to have multiple focus effects some how was incorrectly implemented, or maybe compiler optimization settings some how screwed things up :p
  20. Coronay Augur

If your leading raids and concerned about healers healing effectively and don't know about that Imperators Charge, I'd start looking up that warrior ability ASAP!