Soooo ummmm......when are we getting some news on new TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RiplyAnklebiter, Feb 6, 2021.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

What's on the docket right now?
  2. TheRedBandit Elder

I understand you can't take firm stances publicly on things you aren't sure aboutbut using as many qualifiers as you need, can you say if there will be one this year?
  3. TheRedBandit Elder

4. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

Seems Koggar was close to the bullseye.

I personally wouldn't ever re-roll again. I'd transfer to live before I played another TLP.
  5. a_librarian Augur

There will 1000% be a TLP release this year. I do think it would be good if they tried to deliver mature phinny clones into the level 70 era as healthy as Mangler was at that point. Mangler really got every advantage with Aradune/Rizlona being released a couple months later than typical and LDoN being shortened. Maybe every 14-16 months is the right cadence for phinny clone TLPs?
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

For sure there will be, at least 2, will this year be the year they go for 3?
    Mangler got it's advantage from Aradune being virtually unplayable for so long that alot of the people who wanted to leave to re-roll couldn't and stuck it out and discovered that GoD+ wasn't as bad as they thought it was going to be.
  7. Xhartor Augur

GoD is a gem of an expansion on TLP's.Good raid content, stuff to do on off nights.
    Conelder, Boze, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  8. Dune Friendly New Member

Last time they said something similar, the next TLP got announced 2 weeks later and was out before the previous server was in Planes of Power. Coincidentally, that previous server was Agnarr. And Aradune was "supposed" to be Planes of Power locked like Agnarr was. So, if they released Coirnav while Agnarr was still in luclin, it's totally possible we see another server while Aradune is still in Luclin.

I wouldn't take that comment with any real seriousness though. They'll say no TLPs are planned and then 2 weeks later have an announcement with rules and a date. They don't want to give any hints of new TLPs because it might get current players to not buy those extra exp pots on Aradune! Also, as soon as they make the announcement, the krono price will double on Aradune.

Aradune might still have a nice population, but the rules have failed it and people are definitely ready for a new server. The weeks before Luclin, there were more bots online than real people. It'll go back to that once people get set in Luclin.

The people who hopped off Aradune because of the bots and the lag at the start, are ready for a new server.
  9. a_librarian Augur

I'm as cynical as anyone here but it's kind of obvious you're talking out your there friend.
  10. Nolrog Augur

Not for years is a way away from not for some time.

There will be servers this year, I feel certain of that. Selo, Phini and Miragul all reach live this year (well, Miragul next year if you count the 2021 expansion), and the people left there would be looking for something new.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

The last two just opened Luclin. That means tons of new characters as people level up Vah Shir. There is still plenty of time to roll there and find low groups.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

I agree, GoD is one of my favorites, just saying it's past the point most TLPers re-roll.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, prior to Aradune & Rizlona being available they had to carry out some server merges as their headroom on servers was limited.

They merged 3, Trakanon & Fippy into VoX - Brekt into Firiona Vie

They have stated that they had to do those mergers before they could open up Aradune & Rizlona & was part of why their release was later in the year than past TLP.

So they have 1 server slot "spare" and if they want to launch 2 TLP in 2021 they will need to wait until after Selo has been merged into Povar before they can do so.

Then in 2022 they will have needed to have merged both of Phinigel & Miragul to live servers prior to opening 2 more TLP.

Course they could opt to only open 1 TLP in 2021 & 1 more in 2022, but my point is its not that hard to pick out a roadmap here.
    Conelder and code-zero like this.
  14. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

Well I don't believe the new TLPS will be released actual years from now. But I wouldn't be surprised if the new TLPs broke apart from the regular release schedule in a major way.

Many on this forum seem to forget Everquest is under new management.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/12/enad-global-7-to-acquire-daybreak-game-company

Considering the purpose of Enad Global 7 is to generate profit. The financial strategy for accomplishing this goal may be adjusted. For this reason, I don't believe we can look to what happened in the past to determine what will occur in the future.
  15. theonepercent Augur

For the first time in ever there are actually TLPs ending, wouldn't make sense not to give them another place to go. A Selo 2.0 with some fixes like double loot instead of half lockouts and fixed keying would seem to be the obvious choice.
  16. Silver-Crow Augur

Hooray :D
  17. Febb Augur

Aradune and Rizlona is a perfect place for them to go. They are only in Luclin. We don't need another round of TLP's at least for another year.
  18. jeskola pheerie

I predict an announcement shortly before anniversary stating "new servers coming later this year" with no other information.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  19. theonepercent Augur

Lol no. Phini 10.0 with an even more ridiculous boxing restriction and a server that openly allows cheating and automation? Hard pass on both.
  20. Ythera Augur

Server Name: Poopsock

Xp: Twice as fast as Test
    Faction: Doubled
    Rares: Doubled
    AOCs: Yes
    Lockouts: can use command /removelockouts to remove all task and dz lockouts

Progression: New expansion launches the moment all raids have been defeated in the current expansion. When all raids are cleared on the current live expansion, the server resets back to classic. All characters are deleted and remade at level 1. Your character then gains a cumulative permanent 10% bonus to xp, hitpoints, mana, endurance, damage done, and healing done.