Sony, can you just remove food necessity once and for all?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raluden, Sep 20, 2014.

1. roguerunner Augur

On that note, bring back the levitate bob to make the game less easy mode
  2. Jerm New Member

Just noticed this today actually:

Check your combat mana regen when hungry, then check it when you have food. Unsure how drink plays into it, too lazy to check, but food at least does affect something rather dramatically.

On my 41 chanter on a mount combat mana regen was at 18 with clarity I thought this was really low but noticed I needed food. Got iron rations, and it doubled to 36 combat regen.
  3. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

It was that way with Endurance Regen as well, at least back during SoD. One of my warrior friends asked why his endurance regen was 3. I asked if he was getting the food and drink spam. He said yes, picked up some food, and voila, back to normal.

A lot of people don't notice it, but perhaps they just never run out of endurance or mana. *shrug* I always keep food on me, because I'm passing fond of my endurance pool.
  4. Siddar Augur

Food and Drink are fairly well balanced any removal now would be a fairly large nerf to tradeskills.

You want the extra 400 hp mana and 150 ac then you use food and drink if you don't then you can buy food and drink clickies (ones with fastest cast times and low recast timer) for a few hundred SC getting 150ish hp and mana. Are you live with spam and don't use any.

Adding a filter to stop hungry and thirsty spam plus around 300 more HP and mana spread between food and drink items are about the only changse that need to be made.

I use merchant brews and planar donuts because I can make both now. before I maxed tradeskills I used SC clickies fresh cookie dispenser and spiced ice tea dispenser.