So, what happened to Death Peace?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weebaaa, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Reval Augur

The nerf is in the Sep 23 patch notes: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-september-23-2015.226759/

The expansion coming out is in the Nov 18th patch notes, almost 2 months later: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-notes-nov-18-2015-the-broken-mirror.228194/

I don't see the benefit of us trying to prove to one another what the case was, because there's no proof to it, but I can't construct a problem based on playing the game that makes this sweeping level of nerf for fade and moving mountains make sense. I admit I'm as human as you or anyone else, but peering at the curtain, it really does seem like they wanted to fix some problem, and overcorrected it through a sweeping change. In a similar way, they have taken things that could have easily been fixed and done so much to them you wonder if the way it works is that they're salaried until they nerf things, and then they're paid by the hour. In either case, I hope that this sort of issue is more carefully considered in the future, and handled better.
    Hiladdar and Faana like this.
  2. Kolani Augur

It's just a general Zek attitude. Sometimes because a certain class is overpowered in PVP situations because of ability synergy on your server, you guys tend to consider that a class has too much, like your ranger hate here. In reality, the class has been slipping behind on PVE servers for several years now and actually needs a little help at the moment.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Pulling was made more annoying with the changes not more difficult. It takes all classes longer to pull now; that is not harder that is more tedious. Pulling was not made to matter one iota by any of the changes to Fade nor to the changes to the Hate's Attraction type abilities.

Fade was changed in multiple ways; none of which were good for the players or the game. The Dev's don't care and won't listen as was readily apparent from the start when they changed it all with zero notice, real testing, or evidence to support what they claimed as the reasons for the changes.
    1. They made fade actually recognize its % change to fail/succeed, which it did not do previously; they even increased the %s for those who were set to less than 100% originally to be higher. However, now even those who have always been intended to be and still are set 100% will have instances where the fade fails which it by definition should not.
    2. The invis from the Fade type AAs was changed from an unlisted buff which stacked with all types of invis, only faded when you zoned or did something that would normally break invis, and always landed. The new invis from Fade type AAs is a displayed buff which will not stack most invis spells (if you use the Fade AA it will break invis/IVU in most situations and just leave you with this new invis if you are lucky) and if you are too close to the mobs you faded off then the invis won't even pop.
    3. The new Fade AAs are also level restricted. So if a mob is too high level they won't fade off.
    All these changes plus an even stupider level cap on the HA type abilities, have greatly slowed down pulling making it less attractive not more attractive; and they claimed for months that these changes were supposed to make pulling more desireable.
    roguerunner, Hiladdar and Faana like this.
  4. Iila Augur

Fade abilities were not FUN before this change. According to DBG Metrics(tm), FUN with pulling and playing EverQuest has increased by 12% since changes to Death Peace and similar abilities.

All EverQuest players will* feel increased FUN with fade type abilities failing after these changes went into effect.

*Players not feeling increased FUN after fade type changes should not post on forum.daybreakgames.com or to daybreakgames social media. Such un-FUN responses will be met with actions against your daybreakgames dot com account.
    Sancus, Faana and Mayfaire like this.
  5. WhycantIlogin New Member

They just wanted PoFear breakins to be challenging still.
    Everyone zones in, runs to the west wall and fades.
    Then everyone says "y so ez dbg? this isn't how I remember it"...
    Tarvas likes this.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

What I find rather funny is you can see the same people bemoaning this change slamming "ezmode EQ" in a dozen other threads.
  7. Iila Augur

Who?

Thanks to Reval's provocative posting, there's only line 6 posters in this thread.
  8. Reval Augur

When honesty becomes provocation, then I don't mind being provocative.

Where did I exhibit this "general Zek attitude"? quote where I said that rangers were too powerful in pvp. Everything I said was 100% related to pve. Literally all of it. If I wanted to talk pvp, I'd be talking about ranger's snare ability, their dichotomic spell, and about 15 other aspects of a ranger before blusterbolt (doesn't land on players), vineleash cascade (doesn't land on players), and fade. You can quote me on this thread since I've posted in it, I've had people say that you can't quote people that didn't already post in a thread, but where am I displaying this "general Zek attitude"?

This seems like the same fundamental core of human expression that racism popped out of. I can give several examples of when a person from Zek made a request and instead to be supported and they were literally walled out by negative comments from people on blue servers like "no one cares about pvp". "pvp, what's that?" and even polite sounding but obviously negative comments like "sorry, the devs just don't have time for pvp". The truth is that none of those comments needed to be said. People talk about people from Zek like they're brash or rude, but that's beyond rude. You don't see people from Zek going into threads about pve saying "this is a worthless change, instead fix zek" about literally every change, but that would be mirroring the attitude they face every single time. A person will post asking for ANYTHING pvp related to get flooded out by people that I don't even think have souls at this point, and they point out that "no one cares about pvp" over and over and over and over and then the guy doesn't post anymore. I wonder why. If you guys didn't run off every person that cared about pvp from the forums, I think it would have been a lot more obvious that people cared about pvp. Instead, you made it such an unpleasant experience to even bring up pvp with this rude bias that's been around for years on end it's no wonder "no one cares about pvp".

Sickening. I'm sure if you experienced that side of people your posts would be "provocative" too.
  9. snailish Augur

To me, the heart of the issue is ability bloat and the way it has been handled in EQ:

Too many class unique abilities farmed out, too much redundancy and repetition due to not expecting a level 60 (Kunark was in mind when original released) envisioned game going 100+.

One of the roots of the problem the massively powerful AA of Luclin, turning spell lines into an AA that ends the line and makes access to the ability permanent rather than a spell gem costing choice, and the concept of no-fail or forever-use abilities (that they've piled on over the years). A dev team with a do-over would either put a level cap on most Luclin AA or just give us a piece of what they did.

In respects to fade abilities specifically: maybe none of them should exist as AA.

In response to "EQ is too easy" then remove a pile of the AA abilities. Double the spawn rates (or more). There, the game is way harder for most.
  10. Faana Augur

BB and FB fail to blur GREENS in Underfoot now. It just stinks when they do this crap.
  11. Reval Augur

As a person who bashes rangers because he knows they secretly like it, that's a really messed up nerf.
  12. Hiladdar Augur

Regarding the changes to fade, that was one of many unpopular changes introduced in the infamous 24 Sep 15 patch, in my opinion in opposition to overwhelming player feedback against it.

As a ranger I did not have any issues pulling before or after that patch. I am experienced and know enough techniques, that can single most pulls, both before and after the patch. The only difference is that now, pulling is much more annoying and less fun now.
  13. Kolani Augur

I see that side of people from Zek - or at least used to - here all the time, I suppose that's why we're at ends. People from Zek have been brash and/or rude on the forums in the past. It's hard to not lump you all in because that's the usual level of discourse we see.
  14. Reval Augur

It's not that we're at ends, it's more that you're at ends. Did I attack you for being from firiona vie? Do I attack people all the time for being from blue? The answer is no. I'll point out this particular problem that you guys have because it's true, and it's disgusting. It's 100% your problem. Have fun being the digital south..
  15. Weebaaa Augur

Holy derailment.

Death peace was broken because I had it on a hot key with Rigor Mortis. Rigor was... Doing something to it being on the same hot key.
  16. jiri_ Augur

I mean your second post in this thread starts with "bluebies will pop a vein" but whatevs