So this is a thing now....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Senlronia, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I can name that tune in ONE word.

Bull
  2. Duder Augur

Where is the server stability perk?
    Leigo, Triconix, Fenthen and 5 others like this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Just a mystery, to me, the way they handle (or don't handle at all) the marketplace.

There are tons of things, mounts, illusions, morphs, etc. They could sell.

There are a number of Player Studio items in the game files for years but never put up for sale (as we were promised before they shut it).

I hope nobody thought they were actually going to execute on rotating things in the shop, when they said they would.

As far as I can tell, every employee there tries to avoid working on anything marketplace related as much as possible.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

They renamed 'Yank Procs' to 'Server Stability Perk 0.1beta'. It just didn't make the patch notes.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Some notes somewhere talked about how "new players were overwhelmed with too many things to buy" or some such nonsense.
    So for those two players, they removed 90% of LoN assets from the marketplace.

Go figure.
    Kalvenie and MasterMagnus like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ideally the marketplace should rotate once a month failing that I could go every three months if once a month is too much work.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Why does it even need to rotate? The assets are there, just sell them.

Wal-Mart-

Sorry, store's VERY big, you can only buy from aisles 1-3 this month. check back next month for the item you came here for.

Kek
    Kalvenie, Velisaris_MS, Fanra and 3 others like this.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Rotating sales creates urgency. There's no scarcity in the digital market to drive demand. It's all about triggering emotional fears of missing out on an item.
    Tucoh and Fenthen like this.
  9. Truesh0t New Member

This just doesn't seem like a very appropriate way to thank veterans for sticking with the game for 20+ years. It feels like a slap in the face.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I just feel like this 22 year old game does not follow every 'Best Marketplace Practices of the Stars' dynamics.

As far as I can tell, they don't need to create urgency. All the old stuff still sells. After all the time there have been so many Player Studio robes available, and so few new players, you'd think sales tail off as anybody that wants robes has already bought any of them they're interested in.

But our Player Studio sales still keep going, and improving lately.

I've got to believe putting up existing items and leaving them would make far more for them, then taking the effort to rotate them.

It's clear they don't have an automated system for it, and it's clear they don't have the time to do it by hand.

Put it all up there, and be done with it, just makes so much sense than what they do. They aren't using some fine tuned technique to build urgency, they just don't have to time to spend on it period.
    Skrab and Fenthen like this.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This is a cunard and a false assumption, I can guarantee, if what I went looking for was there, I'd buy it.

People recite this trope all the time, but it's wrong. no sell = no buy 100%. Selling things in rotation, that I didn't want, makes me stop looking.

I have zero "emotional fear" of something that isn't on offer going away, or of something on offer I didn't want want going away.

I DO feel disappointment that for 2 years of looking, our favorite mounts and favorite real estate placeables have been unavailable.

The theory of Fear of Missing Out only applies to things people were clamoring for to begin with.

Trite argument is trite.

I guarantee, if they made all items show, people would buy more things.
    Stymie and MasterMagnus like this.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Creating urgency totally works IN FORTNITE. not here.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

This right here, from this member.. a person that contributed years into this game simply says.. ' Pay to Win "

Folks.. it is simple.

Back on the other thread, just say " NO".

A lot of folks are saying, " oh but if this was this... it would be cool" giving ideas to allow this free to play into the game, if changes were made.

Just say no.

I'm not here to 'rock the boat' or not support this game. I have bought krono, DB coin, items packs etc in the past few months during a pandemic. But I won't be playing THIS game if it is a Pay to Win.

It will NEVER stop.. :during battle, use this ability you bought for $14.99 to be the ultimate player shooting lazors out your eyes!

Just say no.

EQ.(whoever the heck is in charge now). You have no idea what time and effort has gone into this game from players (for years) aiding websites (guides) to aid players play this game. You disrespect us by this idea.

No idea who is running the show here but personallly, if it were up to me, you would no longer be fit for the position.

J Chen, how could you let this even take place?
    Kalvenie, Vumad, Velisaris_MS and 2 others like this.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

JChan hasn't visited this forum in over a year? It's unlikely that any staff member does besides the couple of devs who are trying to fish from the Bugs forum.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would they take the time to rotate what is for sale if they didn't see a difference in sales? At some point the store stock becomes large enough that it is easy to miss what is for sale.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The notes devs posted about the reduction in availability stated it was because they felt the volume of entries was overwhelming. Their words, not mine. It was a silly argumant then and remains so.

If I roll a character and want a mount for it, I want the mount when I roll the character, not sometime next year, maybe, randomly, we don't know when, it may never come up /shrug isn't EQ's best answer.

also

/mourn

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=84895

Ball of Fluffy Cotton used to be the fist thing I bought on every new character. It was 100 DBC and in the marketplace full time.

It was removed from marketplace never to be seen again, much less in rotation.

I never saw a "Gadget Pack" as Alla shows, and Alla shows no source for the "Gadget Pack" but claims that's where it was from. it was just a plain old marketplace item, for years. I have dozens of them and would totally pay a dollar per toon for it.
    Kalvenie, Stymie, Fanra and 3 others like this.
  18. dwish Augur

This is exactly the kind of stuff that makes me think it’s time to finally call it for good. As someone who played from 1999 to 2018, many of those years at the highest levels of raiding, I have found my interest waning in the last few years.

With all the ownership changes recently and with changes such as this that continues to take EQ away from the core game it once was, I find it easier and easier to not log in. It’s a shame, because I still have a special place in my heart for this game and is still enjoyable at times, but all the neglect and poor decisions over the years are starting to add up.

This has to be one of the most mismanaged games in history, as it’s continuously made a profit for over 2 decades, yet none of those profits has ever been put back into the game to grow the brand. It really is sad.
  19. kizant Augur

Anyone calling this play to win is being kinda silly. I could see some people being interested in these but probably not the majority of people. Which is fine. Not everything is for everyone.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Calling Pay to Win

"pay to win"

isn't "silly", it's accurate.
    Fenthen likes this.