So this is a thing now....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Senlronia, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Senlronia Lorekeeper

2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I can think of at least 20 different exploits that might be possible with the Adventurer and Challenger Perks.
  3. Fuelforfire Lorekeeper

Not fond of this one.
  4. bobokatt Augur

sign me up.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Pay to Win™
    Bobokin, Coagagin, Skuz and 12 others like this.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Well, this is expansion is guaranteed to be awful. How long did they spend figuring out how to implement these perks like not losing a level on death?

Is this where we talk about the game doesn’t have any resources and any player requests will cost us zones or raids?
  7. Caisy Master

I'm going to pretend they are implementing the the not losing your level on death because the raids are going to be incredibly hard. Perspective.
    Andarriel and Skrab like this.
  8. cadres Augur

Really?
    This is a classic 'not listening to your playerbase' (oh, ok, it's more 'not bothering to consult, never mind listen)
    I can die any number of times and lose no xp? The botters will properly love this!

Next time someone says they don't have the resources to do x really important thing, I'll know where to send them

Not happy
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Well, don’t forget the 10% bonus currency. It will actually be a big deal for FV, especially for one well known automated guild.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not liking the precedence, even though selling xp potions was already technically pay to win (faster). However, the "perks" listed:

5% experience (i.e. same as enchanter learners aura on all the time)
    10% more coin drops (lol)
    10% more raid currency (lol again)
    10% discount on loyalty (has some value if you constantly buy rez tokens)
    10% more merc exp (lol yet again)
    don't lose a level when dying (who cares?)

Those are all pretty much worthless except to people that really really REALLY need help in this game due to lack of existing time/resources. To your average level 115 its meaningless beyond a couple of crazies that will buy the exp perc for 1 month when new expansion drops to race to 120.

The merchant one, that is the money maker:

10% bonus to skill up chances on tradeskills
    12 slot bazaar bags
    An additional inventory slot

So I think that will be the one people buy. We already have 800+ slots just on our person on live, so even the added bag slot isn't "worth it".

NOW...if those work on TLP servers, and they want to milk TLP players more...then hahaha, go for it! Just put that money to use making new content please =P

This may also be a consequence of nearly 10% of the player base being on lifetime accounts at this point, they had to try and find something to get cash from them.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

You're going to spend 20% more on your sub to get 10% more raid currency? This doesn't seem to apply to group mission currency, so really we're looking at +1 raid coin in the beginning up to +4 coins per event towards the end. Wow.
  13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Nah, this is there yearly monetization feature they always add. Look at all the recent expansions.
  14. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You forget raid currency is sold on FV. You can make up the difference in Krono very rapidly.
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

I don't know what you're talking about.
    *quietly stuffs 80 krono from raid ore sales back into his pocket*
    Gyurika Godofwar, Kalvenie and Skrab like this.
  16. Windance Augur

This is the perfect example of creating demand. Jack up the prices then offer 'perks' to make items more affordable.

Prices on raid items are already too high unless you're clearing all the raids every week which sadly we can't due to limited bodies and DPS checks.

I have to agree with others. Not a fan of this. I think it would be easier to accept a 10-20% increase to the base price of a subscription instead of adding theirs 'perks'
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I can tolerate monetization through cosmetic loot crates.

I am not fond of monetization through in-game power bonuses.
    Kakgumu, Zynt, Windance and 4 others like this.
  18. Howliedoo New Member

People still spent actual money on subs? You're doing it wrong.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Some of pay for cable too. And have land lines. Or buy CDs.

Lots of things you can do when you have a steady income and don't feel like wasting time for dubious value gains to skirt around paywalls.
    Kakgumu and Szilent like this.
  20. Ozon Augur

If you are working on AP, or even RZ Ear it could be worth the $3 for the TS perk, but the rest I agree are pretty bleh.