SK's need to be useful again.

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Zantor, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Makavien Augur

Actually they should be best single target hate generation , aoe on the run hate . and burst dps from activated spells warriors best spike mitigator with the best group sustained (since we have nothing else) , and paladin best healer/utility tank and best on undead.

Sk being just the pure dps tank would make warriors right back where they were before the recent boosts where they were ok to use in groups with heavy hitting named but sks and paladins were much easier to heal and could burn higher. Which is actually ok right now.

So Again
    Sk
    Best burst from spells
    Best aoe hate generation
    (single target is not really going to give them a role) But I do agree they need some
    Best tank debuffer
    Make their debuffs really matter not no sad debuff that can be overwritten
    Below a paladin healing themselves

Paladin Best dps vrs undead
    Best utility heal and cure
    Best rampage tank

Warrior
    Best Heavy Hitter Tank ( also the best at smoothing out the spikes on themselves via discs)
    Highest sustained dps in groups and raids as a tank (not against the dps of course)

Kiting is a forced mechanic on us by trying to overwhelm us on every raid instead of making it where we can have 3 warriors tanking 3 minis 3 sks offtanking mini swarms of adds and 3 paladins taking rampage and curing splashing and helping keep both tanks up.

That is where the biggest issue comes from most of the time now its either kite or cc the mass swarm of adds or the 3 named at a time are too tough at the beginning of the attempts for the sks and paladins in most situations so its more of a needed thing to kite. And people give up too easy on things instead of banging their heads on the wall almost everyone goes the path of least resistance.

Which is partially caused by all the its too easy crowd if were tanking 3 minis on warriors , tanking and killing or controlling adds for 3 sks and the paladins are rampage tanking . That's not easy that's a lot of stuff yeah it seems easy if everything is working together but really that stuff kills me when that gets started because i know its going to be a kite fest the next two or 3 raids. Or some other silly mechanics intended to involve a lot of running , rooting and cc instead of just doing what we should be doing taking damage from something while healers heal us and dps kill them slowly or fast really doesn't matter to me in that area.
  2. Makavien Augur

There is a perfect debuff for you guys to add a huge dot to from one of the most current raids called time to bleed , add a 20% strike- through debuff since they need to try to fix strike- through anyhow. I can't comment on what the dot should be but this thread will most likely be a hard place for you guys to get upgrades take the good ideas from here list them in a clean list in another post then 3 of you join the same conversation or private message and pm them directly to chandrok , aristo , and elidroth . With no other conversation in the thread or very little use this thread to discuss the things.

They don't like you being your best dps in your tanking set up so stances would be a good way to get tanking or dps upgrades like i said spell dps increase or dot focus in 2 hand stance ,
    tanking, lifetap, and single target hate generation upgrade in 1hand plus shield.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

SK's don't do their best DPS in their tanking set up though and neither do paladins, you basically have to bandolier in a 2hander if you want to produce maximum DPS. We don't suffer the same problem warriors had, there is a noticeable difference when we bandolier in a 2hander already in both survivability and DPS.

Also Stances are lame.
  4. Leighton_Orestes Elder

The difference between the top tier players playing any of the tank classes and an average player is staggering. I see the oh deflection goes down and we die, or I don't even bother healing SK's... That's just garbage. AE agro? Try casting all the aa's and spells on cooldown. Snap agro? Aside from a warrior trumping unbroken acrimony it's a non-issue.

Can't survive tanking as an SK? Shoot me a tell vox.Leighton and I'll teach you how to survive and impress your friends. Better yet, I'll teach you how to put the [insert obscenity here]'s in their place.

It's not from lack of abilities. I'm very surprised at how many SK's don't know the stacking and precedence of their skills. Yet alone how to leverage our passive healing with more DPS to augment or replace the need to use defensive disciplines.

All I hear here is blah, blah, blah, we suck, you suck. So let me help you suck less. Just be prepared to take notes and to start farming clickies, augs, etc.
    Ravengloome likes this.
  5. Zarzac Augur

EQ is so confusing I'm glad someone has all the answers we are missing.
    IDotPeople, Sheex, Terminat and 3 others like this.
  6. Zantor Augur

As me and a lot of other people have said, tanking isn't a issue for SK's, grouping wise we rule tank wise, raid wise we are lacking for usefullness. Though we could use better snap aggro that isn't AE aggro. As many have said, upgrade for the Terror line is much needed. And a reduction in cast time on our lifetaps.
  7. Anuulified Elder

Our raid Sks tank named bosses when we lack warriors and paladins. It's a little more challenging on mobs that silence, stun non stop, are immune to spells, etc..., but we get the job done.
  8. Zarzac Augur

No doubt SK's do a fantastic job backing up warriors and paladins when they are not available.
    Sheex, Xeladom and feiddan like this.
  9. feiddan Augur

Wait, you mean being the 3rd most desirable tank isn't a use?!

Point made.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

Well now that you realize you have a raid role, this thread is over.

Every guild needs atleast 1 SK to benchwarm.
  11. Zarzac Augur

Cool just found some of the new Mayong spells:

[1337000] Deliver Water
    Classes: SHD/105
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 500
    Target: PAL/WAR (Group:TanksWithRaidRoles)
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 4s limit:after raid over, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: DuringTheRaid
    1: Summon: Item 13079
    Allows SHD to deliver water to the first string tanks after tough battles.
    Klotar-TSM, Terminat, Truklin and 2 others like this.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

Send that idea over to Aristo pronto, maybe he will stop rehashing tired and used up spell lines for SK's.

Seriously my SK's spell bar looks the same as it did 10 years ago, except with 1 addition.

No other class i Play/have played looks like that its silly.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's better than our pet heal disc or spell visage!
  14. IDotPeople Augur

So all we need is to imagine the target insults us, then we can pull a Waterboy all over his ?
    Terminat likes this.
  15. Terminat Lorekeeper

16. IDotPeople Augur

As I've said before, exceptional players make SKs seem fine, but players of equal skill/class knowledge in WAR/PAL pretty much do everything we can do, only better. But you know, playing 3d frogger, aka mass kiting is fun too. If the WAR/PAL are too busy to do it.
    feiddan likes this.
  17. lumin Elder

LMAO, I know that's just wrong but funny as hell.
  18. Zantor Augur

12 pages and still no Dev comment on anything, would be nice to hear anything about any future direction SK's may take.
  19. spoons4u New Member

personaly im having trouble with mitigation even once I spind what seems like 2 minutes to get agro I cant take the hits / I have 122000 plus HP once I hit challenge I have 10500 plus ac im in mostly t2 rotf group gear I don't care to raid but my shield is a raid should I self buff with Grim aura/Grelleth/Remorsless demeanor/Zombi Skin/Shroud/Sholothian/Drape/ and my back clicky... I box a shm/mage so I have shm buffs and mage DS,s and o h ya 14k pluse AA.
    I pull with spear / challenge / tuant /Tap...tap...tap through in all the AA tuants ... I have repeatedly asked the GMs for help I have explained to them there might just be a problem with just my Char and not class wide but they just keep telling me theres no one else complaining to come to the forums and ask for help... so please if theres a fix I don't know about let me know or join me in this and lets try and get the Game Gods to help us with our mitigation
  20. Tearsin Rain Augur

here's a dev comment i can imagine:
    "going forward, SKs will continue to be one of the most well rounded and overall powerful classes in the game. have fun with that."