SK's need to be useful again.

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Zantor, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Repthor Augur

SKs tanks just fine . just need more hate on aggro spells. lets not blow this out of the water. warriors stance are direct counter to the hybrid healing. everyone knows this
  2. Zantor Augur

Agreed SK's tank just fine, most aren't suggesting that SK's tank better, warriors should be the best tanks in the game. Though our lifetaps need cast time reduced, even with 1 mob I get interrupted a lot casting it. More aggro especially from Terror line.

Also was thinking, what about an end tap spell, well one that is actually useful and not crap like our bite line of spells.
    Xeladom and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Denial_Sinfae Augur

They actually do a group heal (small) and a self mitigation buff (small). Not huge, but they did recently receive an umph. Still could use some more umph.
  4. serverhelper Journeyman

I'm a SK, I'm here to tell you SK's don't tank just fine. I used to hold my own, always being in the tank line. Ever since the nerfs, all I am now is a glorified speed bump.... as soon as deflection goes, I go.. is that SK tank just fine?

How many of you saying SKs tank just fine actually play a raiding SK?

Of course war's should tank better then Pallys and SKs. No one is arguing that, but to say SKs tank just fine is a joke to me.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

I can see hate being a problem, self healing to an extent. I am not drinking the kool aid you cant tank at all sorry. 2.0 nerf did almoat nothing to lw
    ess than nothing for actual MTing.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

I tank just fine in the raid setting, only times I die usually are when my lifetaps get interrupted or they are all on cool down and I only have one healer on adds. If I am MT on dragons in NTOV (I have a mix of raid gear, about rotf 2.5) I can tank them from 100->0 if the heal team is on the ball.

If you are having troubles tanking it is probably your disc order or not using them, or your healers just don't like you... :)
  7. Zantor Augur

I am a raid SK and I usually tank just fine, I can tank a main raid mob or minis for usually like 4 - 5 mins good till all my def discs are used up. Now of course there are some main raid mobs all but warriors will be speed bumps for, why they get the good discs that they can stack. If on most raid mobs you are a speed bump, then I would question your gear or clerics in your group.

And taking a quick look at magelo, i'n assuming you are the Ravengloome from ER server, I would say it is a armor thing, though not sure the last time you updated your magelo, says last year. Post your current AC and HP and or update your magelo.
  8. serverhelper Journeyman

You don't need to drink any cool aid, you don't even need to believe anything I'm saying. All I ask is for a dev to test SKs in tanking rolls IN raids (WK2 is good enough, there is 4 bosses that do various things, tank each boss) then look me in the eyes and tell me SKs class is not messed up. All we are now is rangers in plate, except we cant dps worth a beans. SKs are totally useless on raids.

The End.
  9. serverhelper Journeyman

And I'm not Ravengloome.
  10. Zantor Augur

LOL opps, wrong post i read, my bad, but can still post that info.
  11. Viltaire Augur

We tank just fine. Yes a few tweaks to agro and faster casting lifetaps would be nice, but we are NOT having issues tanking mobs.
  12. IDotPeople Augur

I must disagree with the rangers in plate statement.... Rangers have flusterbolt/blusterbolt and better agro. We are crappy rangers in plate.
  13. Ineptocracy Leader Elder

Just to clarify (for me) then. Are SKs are 3rd in aggro? 2nd in selfhealing? 1st in ? Do you commonly have to use your lifetaps for survival on raids? How does the non end game groupgeared SK fare? Are the things you want for raids also needed in the group game?
  14. Denyu Lorekeeper

We're third in aggro amongst the tank classes, but if you want to include other classes into the mix then that would be fun to see exactly where we stand. I could see SKs holding it for an initial few seconds but no way it would last. Others just generate so much more than we can in the long run. We're second in self healing but warriors don't count so it's second and last place. I always thought SKs should be first in self healing since we can only heal ourselves but that's my thoughts, that's a hard line to walk without breaking it one way or the other.

And yes, if you don't use a lifetap when tanking you're clearly doing it wrong.

I'd assume non-end game SKs are having the same problems, having to spam aggro doesn't give you much time to cast lifetaps, and when you can you're interrupted most of the time. You just wouldn't stack up as well when two of the most important things you do, aren't up to par.

Hate and taps are the main complaints. If you think taps are fine let them keep going the way they are and in another expansion or so it'll be a glaring problem that every SK will be posting about. Same thing happening now with aggro after a few of us tried to present it before it became a nine page complaint as it is now.
    Romance, Terminat and Xeladom like this.
  15. Fyrerock Augur

What about giving SK the ability to be the best offtanks in the game, but it would have to be offset by keeping them 3rd in line for main tanking. What about something that allows him to increase all his stats by a factor of 2 or 3 but he generates very little or zero aggro while in that form. Something that would allow him to offtank most hard mobs, but only as long as nobody else is doing any damage to that mob, which would allow heals to land on him without the healer getting aggro. Let the duration be not a timed interval but an endurance cost, but also an ability he can turn off.
  16. Rogue Augur

So in your mind letting sks have 500k+ hp while everyone else is just breaking 200k with max short term buffs is the solution to the problems? I can't believe no dev comments on this thread yet
  17. Ravengloome Augur

Well thanks for that clarification, after reading your post I honestly thought I had made it...

Actually I was saying SK's can tank just fine? SO Whats updating my magelo going to prove? Sure SK aggro blows in comparison to a lot of classes, and its yucky to have lifetaps on cooldown, it doesn't make tanking impossible.

^^^ It should be fixed though...
  18. Zantor Augur

Thats cause I read the wrong post and got the wrong name, was ment for Serverhelper.
  19. lumin Elder

I think the big issue here is class balance, SKs can tank, Pallys can tank and Warriors can tank. We use all 3 classes on raids, however all 3 get very different jobs. SKs are used a ton for kiting, ever see a warrior kite? yes it can be done but its pretty ugly to watch. Pallys stun tank and if the mob can fear nobody is better than a pally. Warriors with us handle the boss mobs and that's about all, they will off tank if needed but the mains is what they get used for most of the time.

To say SKs are not useful is bull, they have jobs that they are the best choice for, if you are unable to do them then there is a gear, or player issue. It seems like everyone wants to do every job these days, the reason I play EQ is because you CANT do every job, it forces you to think about what you are doing instead of just bum-rushing everything, that's the difference between EQ and most of the others out there (LoTRo, WoW, Rift). Having played them all I know first hand.
  20. IDotPeople Augur

Do expand further please on these jobs SKs are the BEST choice for, me and many others are curious. We are 'a choice' for many jobs, but the best for a job?