SK IRC chat ideas

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by sojero, Aug 22, 2014.

1. p2aa Augur

No, you aren't intended to MT Boss Mobs as good as a warrior
    Yet the new 36 % reduction disc allowed you to become quite good at MT some lighter Boss Mobs (we have in our guild paladins that can tank Efreeti guy in AH raid and Deathmaster Sarenth in Void raid without problem), you shouldn't be able to tank harder Boss Mobs like warriors

Lol, really ? even with your self healing reduced for knights, this would be a ridiculous advantage and wouldn't be significant to make warriors ahead of knights when MT Boss Mobs, which shall be the rule
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Even just adding a 100% uptime 15% mitigation buff (not a vie like mantle/armor/carapace) would go along way to evening the terrain. Really while MTing we only die if the mpb gets lucky, isnt debuffed, or we get chain interrupted or we run out of discs. Also it would then stack with our vie discs leaving us overall behind warriors but closer to parity, without an outright 45% mitigation
  3. Boogerific Journeyman

So like a Warrior defensive buff ? What kind of taps do Warriors have?
  4. Triconix Augur

No, just no. You already hold so many advantages and the one stronghold warriors have, you want to infringe upon it also? Let's have warriors get taps, at-will FD, HA, MC, and top it off with self buffs, hate mods (that work, unless Rage), and much faster/more efficient hate abilities. Then we can talk about you getting more mitigation.

There should be no such thing as "evening the terrain" when the terrain of raid main tanking is and will continue to be a warrior's sole job. If you want to main tank, re-roll a warrior. If not, then accept that you will not be mitigating as much damage as a warrior. You have way too many advantages outside of this one aspect that even suggesting a need to balance raid-tanking is just preposterous.
    Repthor, Dre. and Zentara like this.
  5. IDotPeople Augur

Taps are so far behind it isn't even funny, think you might get better healing over all with NTTB a lot of the time. Warrs have a fade, warrs have many positioning tools of their own, MC is hard to make fire in a group, let alone raid, and isn't even all that good any more. Self buffs, like your on demand 48k hp buff with no drawback now? Or should we discuss your AC buff. Warriors currently can have agro on any mob they want at any time, what more hate abilities might you need? Oh and let's not forget warrs now getting to mitigate 25 % at all times simply for using a shield.

So as it turns out, we can talk about us getting more mitigation after all, as you are either the worst warr of all time or just a deceitful one if you think any of that is a solid reason we shouldn't be able to do a job our role is defined around. No one is gonna argue that warrs shouldn't be the best at tanking, but knights being nothing more than deflection speed bumps on the big raid named of today is outright stupid and poor design if you want all 3 tanks to remain desireable.
  6. Triconix Augur

So let's see. We have a fade which is every 3 minutes, with a cast time that gets interrupted on any hit (even if it's 1 damage). With the new expansion it'll finally be better. NTTB does no healing (what are you talking about NTTB healing). It's 3.4k mitigation per hit and it's going to lose even more usefulness in the very near future while you will continue getting new spells/lifetaps that remain up to date. Anyways, no matter what we do, we are just bleeding hp without any way of cleansing those hp minus underpowered healing potions. If some freak incident occurs when the healer dies with a warrior, the warrior has to pray he can mitigate enough damage to survive until the mob is dead. If a healer dies with a knight, a knight can heal + mitigate himself pretty friggin well, unless you're not a good knight....but that's another topic.

But, let's continue to self buffs. Yes, that 2 minute 45k hp buff with a 28 minute recast is really considered a plausible buff much like your actual buffs that stay on you at all times (unless you die). And even if you do die, you can just put them right back on you. We...cannot. Or how about the AC buff which takes up the disc bar so anything else that may use that disc bar, you can't without taking away that AC first. Or how about the group buffs we get. Oh yeah, the ones that last 36 seconds (ac buff) and a minute 24 seconds (Dodge buff), respectively, which are on the same timer as flash. If we use flash, we lose those for a minute and a half. I'm fairly certain your DFP recourse ac buff lasts longer than our FG. Many of your vie/carapace abilities have heals/taps attached to them, giving you even more healing while mitigating damage. Our other 9k hp buff which lasts a minute with a 3 minute recast is a child's toy compared to your Steadfast Stance. Yes, knights are so so under-powered and neglected while warriors are spoiled.

These comparisons are an absolute joke. The only plausible rebuttal you have is our proficiency. And let's not even get into stances. We gain/lose even more abilities and flexibility with those while you get full benefits of your abilities whatever set up you wield. Other than that, knights hold every advantage over a warrior, unless it's a raid boss. You have every other scenario in a choke hold, yet your community wants to encroach on the one advantage that a warrior has. You've got to be kidding!

Yeah, I'm definitely not the worst war of all time as I'm constantly looking at tank parses and looking at my results, I know how to play a war darn well, but thank you for your response ;) .

Your role as knights was never to main tank raid bosses. Since the birth of EQ, warriors were destined to be Main Tanks. So, unless your guild's wars are absolutely terrible, forcing your knights to tank, no you do your job just fine as add/off tanks, kiters, and being more valuable group tanks.
  7. Truklin Elder

Any SK worth anything doesn't want more mitigation. At 35% mitigation i can tank anything in cotf. All i want is for our taps to get some love, or at least some form of improved sustainable self healing and better dps tools, since according to Eli we are the "DPS tank"
    Dre. likes this.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

I think I was mainly throwing that in there because someone did ask for 45% mitigation.

In a scenario like that it makes more sense to have a 15% mitigation disc that goes to the buff window (so it stacks with Mantle) for when Guardian goes down.

But yeh I pretty much agree, The guild i am in uses knights/warriors interchangeably on pretty much everything.