SK IRC chat ideas

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by sojero, Aug 22, 2014.

1. sojero One hit wonder

Please post ideas for New AA to be asked and refined for IRC chat.

Keep in mind the power of the AA when asking for them.

Keep in mind that this is not about Spells/Discs or game mechanics, ONLY AA

Please think about what you propose, think about how our current abilities, epic, visages, etc will effect it.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

From EGN:

Quickened lifetaps - reduce lifetap cast time 50% (3 ranks 10/25/50)

convert quickened terrors to 50% faster AE hate spells (3 ranks 10/25/50)

rework visage fo decay AA

a DD spear type aa much like DP for pally, force line for wiz
    8k DD disease based, 18 second reuse

AA to focus the Bond heal portion (not the dmg)

AA like t'vyls to effect spells for same amount, same timer as t'vyls (incase you have heavier spell dps or have multi sk's)

AA to lifetap off of bash or DD off bash
    1k lifetap or 3k DD 1% proc chance per rank 3 ranks

New AA mount to give more hp/ac/mana/end than store bought ones

aa to up proc dmg when using 2h weapons
    5 ranks 20% per rank.

aa to up spell dmg when using a 2h weap (trying to stay away from things that can be effected by MC/epic)

aa for atk debuff and atk inc recourse
    100 atk debuff 300 atk returned to group for 2 min, 1 min 30 sec recast, can divide it up for different ranks to add more per rank, maybe start at -20 / + 50 atk and move up

aa for resist debuff and resist increase (corruption/disease/poison)
    - 30 resists / + 50 resists and can move up from there with ranks

Kelefane's contribution:

scourge skin rank to make it instant cast

scourge skin rank to take the counters away

AA to increase mana return of soul flay

Massive boost to swarm pets (chattering bones)

Tearsin's contribution:
    AA to make our bond spells healing portion go to pet

Presence of Fear:
    wrap yourself in threads of tangible fear, inspiring such dread in those who come into contact with you that they become paralyzed in terror.
    900 mod defensive proc, causes a 1 tick unresistable mez up to level CurrentLevelCap+2.
    30s duration, 3m reuse.

Veil of Darkness:
    reduce accuracy by 75% for 1 tick
    increase hate by 10,000
    20s reuse

Fangs of Bertoxxulous:
    coats your weapon in a foul disease, causing either...
    A. adds a 1,200 damage disease based spell to fire after every melee hit for X hits or Y amount of time, if that's even possible in the code. if not...
    B. adds 1,200 disease damage to every hit for X hits or Y amount of time
    or
    C. adds a big (like 20K+) proc buff, like basically Virulent Talon for SKs, for X hits or Y amount of time

Will of Innoruuk: <-- could mod visage of decay after this
    call upon the essence of the Prince of Hate to empower your magical attacks, growing ever more powerful as you bend your will to a single foe.
    this would be a 5 'stack' buff, 1 tier is added for each tick you remain on a target, stacks are reset if you change targets.
    each stack provides an additional:
    increase dot damage by 15%
    increase dot critical chance by 5%
    increase dot critical damage by 10%
    increase spell damage by 15%
    increase spell critical chance by 10%
    increase spell critical damage by 5%
    lasts 90 seconds.

Zarzac's contribution:
    as also thinking of something in line with the other class swarming abilities in getting a HT version that works on BLUE mobs only from weapon proc
    complexication likes this.
  3. Denial_Sinfae Augur

4. sojero One hit wonder

Yes a couple of them are, but they still need to be addressed to see what kind of increase they are getting.

Such as:

Chattering bones - its a whole 225dps currently, the increases need to be significant to bring it up to other swarm pets.

visage of decay - currently no one uses it because it doesn't add enough to click, the damage reduction is more than the spell increase - we need to make sure it becomes usable.

These are things that need to be brought up during teh IRC chat
    Bludvl likes this.
  5. IDotPeople Augur

Few things I'd like to see that weren't on said list:

Visage of Death boosted in power some.

1 more rank of reduced HT, and no linking between our Mana/End touches as I will NEVER use End touch as it is.

AA version of unholy aura, or an AA to make it a buff rather then a disc. I find it really hard to use this over a mitigation disc when the rounds aren't trivial to tank.

AA version of the UF bp clicky would be nice that scales to 105, as vampire mode is awesome.

Hate's Terror or something like that AA, kind of like HA, only it pushes the mob back instead of away. I know we have a small AA like this already, I just want the ability to fling stuff away without needing to equip my stronghorn's horn, and it just sounds like a useful toy :)

Mezz immunity AA of sorts, could either be a dot we can cast on ourselves, a passive thing like the fear immunity, or something else I haven't thought of.

Further ranks of bloodthirsty blade.

All I can think of for now, might post a bit more later if I have any other thoughts.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

I could be wrong but we have been told in the past no to anything like the UF BP click, but yeah it would be awesome.

Unholy aura is used in burn for me or if ALL other defensive are down. we can try, but i really don't think he will, he is very against stuff like that.

The resource aa (mana/end) need to be linked so that you have a choice of what you want, and I believe they were given when the dev team was going to take rest away. But no harm in asking.

Mez immune or charm immune would be awesome, or even one like bard that makes it harder.
  7. Tearsin Rain Augur

the thing i would most like to see done with UA:

1: Increase Spell Damage by 100%
    2: Limit: Max Level(100)
    3: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
    4: Limit: Minimum Mana Cost (10)
    5: Limit: Target (Lifetap allowed)
  8. Tearsin Rain Augur

also, expanded thoughts on AAs:

1. chattering bones upgrade - not like this really matters, but the AA is there anyways, we might as well utilize it as a minor DPS cooldown.

2. lifetaps: i am against instant or super quick cast lifetaps, there's just too much bad design and balance involved with that for healing (plus, lifetaps are spells, not AAs) ... but what i think WOULD be cool is an AA that would make at least lifetaps (or maybe all SK spells?) uninterruptible via melee push, if it's possible within the code without making them castable while moving.
    call it Spiteful Will or something:
    "This AA causes all (lifetap only?) spells to be uninterruptible from melee push, but can still be interrupted by moving or being stunned"

3. companion's synergy: causes the 'bond' line to recourse the HoT on our pets.

4. leeching embrace, empowered drain: causes the HoT portion of our bond line to be able to crit and to do more healing, respectively.

(side note: ideally i'd like to see bond use the same 'heal for the same damage it did' system that ronak's spite uses + have bonus healing on top of that via AA + be able to crit - i think that could go a really long way into making it something that at least helps bridge the gap between lifetap casts.)

5. Presence of Fear:
    wrap yourself in threads of tangible fear, inspiring such dread in those who come into contact with you that they become paralyzed in terror.
    900 mod defensive proc, causes a 1 tick unresistable mez up to level CurrentLevelCap+2.
    30s duration, 3m reuse.

6. Veil of Darkness:
    reduce accuracy by 75% for 1 tick
    increase hate by 10,000
    20s reuse

7. Fangs of Bertoxxulous:
    coats your weapon in a foul disease, causing either...
    A. adds a 1,200 damage disease based spell to fire after every melee hit for X hits or Y amount of time, if that's even possible in the code. if not...
    B. adds 1,200 disease damage to every hit for X hits or Y amount of time
    or
    C. adds a big (like 20K+) proc buff, like basically Virulent Talon for SKs, for X hits or Y amount of time

8. Will of Innoruuk:
    call upon the essence of the Prince of Hate to empower your magical attacks, growing ever more powerful as you bend your will to a single foe.
    this would be a 5 'stack' buff, 1 tier is added for each tick you remain on a target, stacks are reset if you change targets.
    each stack provides an additional:
    increase dot damage by 15%
    increase dot critical chance by 5%
    increase dot critical damage by 10%
    increase spell damage by 15%
    increase spell critical chance by 10%
    increase spell critical damage by 5%
    lasts 90 seconds.
    (or, just copy/paste this into the spell data for visage of decay, since that AA has no real use right now.)
  9. Brosa Augur

Thoughts popped into my head as I was thinking about warrior aa and fits into the SK realm perfectly.
    An AA (possibly linked to your DS abilities) the procs agro on any mob that is hitting you.
    Also had the idea of a spreading dot disease like agro ability to all mobs on your agro meter. Cast it on one initially and spreads to the other mobs.
  10. Bigbear Augur

i would like it if we could get a group version of our fear immunity...we are so fearless that we inspire others around us to be fearless too

hastened death's effigy would be nice too... enough ranks to bring it up to HAs recast timer
  11. Bigbear Augur

maybe an extra rank of HA that didnt throw the mob up into the air...its fun to throw them up unless ur in close quarters then its a pain cuz they go thru walls
  12. Ashigaru Augur

Not sure if this has been suggested already:

An activated AA that reduces the recast delay on our lifetaps (and potentially the cast time). 15 mins re-use

Also: not sure if it would be possible to introduce an AA that effectively unlinks our spear spells
  13. IDotPeople Augur

The first one has been suggested, is what the AA of the UF bp clicky would be. Is worth asking about, but doesn't mean it happens.
  14. Juudge New Member

Any update on this chat? Could not listen to it while at work.
    IDotPeople likes this.
  15. IDotPeople Augur

+1 on this, my work firewall and that particular IRC don't seem to get along, so was unable to join today.
  16. Riou EQResource

This and the other IRC chat logs will probably be posted on EQ Resource if no one else gets to it ;)
  17. Raibastiz New Member

We have always been the high dps tank. I would like to see this advanced upon. Perhaps, we could have AA based stances. A stance that puts our dps just under the dps of a BST, but it could also limit our self healing as we wouldn't be tanking. We would also have a tank stance that could reduce the cooldowns/cast times on taps/cripple our damage/gain extra hate/increase healing from taps.
  18. Raibastiz New Member

Our mana proc buff and horror line need to stack also... The mana proc buff is moot. Gaining life, as a tank, always wins.
  19. Fyrerock Augur

I sounds like Elidroth does not want to increase our burn dps, just our passive dps which does not leave a lot of room for what we can get that only effects passive dps but does not stack to give a higher burn dps. To make it even harder he does not want it in a proc, because we already have to many of those already. The only way I can think about a passive dps increase is thought our pet line, either increase our pets dps or add some type of better AA pet that we can use for every fight, something like a shadow pet that is leashed to us, so even if it aggroes a mob it can not go further than 20 feet from us.
  20. Paerza New Member

To get PC tanking more fun and rewarding, the following can be improved easily without creating inbalance between pet classes and the 3 types of PC tanks:
    - Spikeyness
    - HP disparity
    - spell absorption of PC tanks
    - knight raid tanking
    - spikeyness
    The easiest solution for spikeyness for PC tanks would be to create a Melee Threshold Guard (absorb melee damage from 1 hit in excess of X) proc or innate AA ability, exactly like earth elemental strength IX or higher. You can couple this ability on the usage of a shield (either give a shield bash proc on each shield through itemization or make it an innate AA that adds the proc to shield bash). Or the proc can be added to (an upgrade of) (un)holy guardian / defensive instead of the current proc. In addition to this, increase shield AC or shield only aug AC (so it is more in line with mob atk).
    - HP disparity
    This one is easy, it can be through temporary buffs increase or itemization or an effect of (un)holy guardian / defensive that give PC's a similar HP pool as earth pets
    - Spell absorption of PC tanks
    Currently, pets are able to absorb spells with their aegis line. Add this ability to the knight / warrior equivalent. In addition, add a spell absorption to the (un)holy / defensive line that you use with shields only (a dragon claws you but breathes the people standing behind you while you hide behind your huge shield).
    - Knight raid tanking
    This should be very close to warrior raid tanking when using (un)holy guardian, including spikes but when the knights do tank their class advantage should be temporarily "switched off". Useful in raids, but less in easy group content. For warrior their defensive reduces the DI greatly thereby lowering spikes and making healing predictable. The knight versions don't have this built in. Also the mitigation percentages are lower for knights.
    Proposal is a new disc that is linked with defensive / (un)holy guardian that is only usable when you have a shield equipped and that does: mitigate damage interval 45% (so exactly as the warrior version) and adds a bash proc or add an innate reduction of 50% (or even 75%) to both melee and spell damage in excess of X (X tuned to raid mobs) with a very large absorption. While under this disc, for shadowknights their melee output (and thus self healing) is reduced and ability to use Visage of Death is removed, for paladin's their self healing should be reduced. The absorption amount and the threshold should be increased as level increases (this ensures that it grows with content).
    Warriors will still have their innate 5% mitigation advantage, HP advantage and duration advantage but nothing more while knights temporarily lose their self-healing capability. End result of the above is that external healing will be predictable at the expense of self-healing for knights and spikes are reduced for warriors and knights.
    The idea is: you have a huge shield and you continue to brace yourself and use your utmost concentration to catch all the blows, your concentration is not with healing yourself (those 8 clerics behind you are doing that) or leeching your foe, all plate tanks should be almost equal for 2 minutes.
    And to increase dps without healing would be improved anti plant burst dots (and group with a druid). Like the necro burst dots.