Should encounter locking system be moved to Live servers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have come out and said that FTE is designed to solve an issue that is only present on early era TLP servers which would suggest that there is no need to move it to live servers.
    Rijacki and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It will likely be removed when it gets to live or at some point later that they determine it should be removed. Just because they don't tell us ahead of time it will be removed doesn't mean that they plan on it going to all servers.
    Rijacki and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It also doesn't mean it won't. Until Darkpaw make an announcement players will always fear the worse.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Metanis like this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Better idea how about TLP trolling stays to TLP threads. TLP players keep trying to entice live servers with threads like this.

End result if Darkpaw does shove it to live servers they will, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It does suggest that it is unlikely though and there is no reason to keep suggesting that it will. The legacy character feature makes much more sense to move to live servers as that is something that seems that will be more used on live then TLP.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

No one would EVER think that because when Mischief was released, they didn't say they were thinking of putting elements of that server's ruleset on Live servers. With Oakwynd, they explicitly said that's what they were planning...if an element of Oakwynd was successful, they'd put it on Live servers.

Again, if they have no intentions at all of putting FTE on Live, nobody is stopping them from saying that. The fact that they have chosen not to do that tells me that they still intend to put it on Live servers.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm interested to see what happens with Mischief once it hits live. If it keeps its high population, I can't see it being merged into FV which is also a high population server.

They may well decide to keep Mischief with its current rule set and allow folks to transfer to it from live servers.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, they did say that something from the server could get moved to live servers but they also stated that FTE was designed for a TLP only problem. There is another rule, legacy characters, that actually makes more sense on a live server then a TLP server as players are more likely to have multiple high/max level alts on the same account.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Scila Augur

Back when I started playing, ppl were doing junk that would have made this necessary. But with everything else, Live has grown and and implementing this on Live is unnecessary. Most, if not all, Live servers have a healthy population of reasonable and nice players when it comes to encounters. Maybe back when raids were open and not instance, I can see where there were arguments, but they simply aren't that way on Live any more. Comparing apples to apples with situations, not seeing a need.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

True and they could shut down Everquest tomorrow because they haven't said they won't shut it down tomorrow.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That would be a lot of refunds.....
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What refunds? We don't pay for Everquest or any other game in the all access package and even if one game shuts down we still have access to all the others. I don't remember talk of them giving refunds when Star Wars Galaxies or Vanguard shutdown.
  13. Cronar Elder

In my opinion, FTE is a great addition to the game, and would be great for the rest of the servers.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

Well, if they do they do, if they don't they don't. No need to be arguing with each other over what DPG stated or has not stated (or won't state). Don't let the TLP trolls work us up into a frenzy.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Except it did in a way; any named in a NoS zone has a chance to drop any aug/armor piece. Allowing people to camp any named of it's tier for any item of that tier reducing camp contention significantly.
    Rijacki likes this.
  16. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

17. Iven the Lunatic

It is a nice concept and it would solve the KS issues forever which does also mean much less conflict involvment of daybreak staff, clear rules by the game mechanics, less dead PCs and therefor more happy customers and less banned players. The game, including all servers, could be automated a step further and one or two guys from the service/conflict team dismissed from work which does mean less costs for the company and we know that it is all about costs, greed and profit.
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

And without these you wouldn't have a game to play.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and code-zero like this.
  19. Iven the Lunatic

Wrong. It would be a much better and more populated game instead. The small amount of devs is choking the game to death. Overseer is broken since years, and now there is an UI disaster since months and no end in sight. As long as parasites like EG7 are in control nothing will change to the better.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From what I can tell the devs have been able to get more things done since EG7 took over as none of these projects ever seemed to be considered before.