Shaman beta

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Thovos, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Thovos New Member

Any insights to be had? I know its kind of quiet here, but I heard very little, and didn't have the time to participate in Beta. Sadly I'm not expecting much, and I do love this game, but history has shown, we are apparently so awesome, not a lot changes :)
  2. Mykaylla Augur

Shaman single target and group heal over time have been adjusted in output:

• Shaman - Adjusted Halcyon Shear (35406-08) to heal for 6461/6784/7123 HP/tick and cost 1938/2010/2084 mana. Lowered cast time to 4 seconds.
    • Shaman - Adjusted Wisp of Renewal (35445-47) to heal for 6461/6784/7123 HP/tick and cost 3877/4020/4169 mana. Increased the radius to 100.
    This is equal to cleric HoT now (which was also adjusted up), so that they just overwrite each other, instead of one blocking the other (different ranks and levels will still mess with that, naturally).

Reckless line was adjusted:

• Shaman - Lowered the cast time of Reckless Restoration (35448-50) to 1 second and increased the recast delay to 13 seconds. It now heals for 12759/13397/14067.
    • Shaman - Reckless Restoration Recourse (35451-53) now deals 7656/8039/8441 damage to you.
    Ward self-rune HoT recourse was adjusted:

• Shaman - Adjusted Rejuvenation Effect (35463-65) to heal for 5909/6204/6514 HP/tick.
    Spell Canni is now faster and was retuned a little:

• Shaman - Lowered the cast time of Ancestral Pact (35397-99) to 2 seconds. It now returns 2853/2995/3145 mana for 4564/4792/5032 HP.

The big thing you're going to notice is that there is no Gotikan's Recourse upgrade when RoF goes live. A number of classes have spells that are not going to be there at launch, and unfortunately, that's one for shaman.
  3. warador New Member

the reckless line is a joke . heal someone while damaging yourself . so that you then have to heal yourself . recourse was the best heal spell shaman have got in a long time . thanks sony for screwing it up again
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you are doing something wrong if you have to heal yourself after casting reckless, I am not sure about you but 8441 damage isn't enough for me to worry about healing right away and it will normally be healed by heal over time or recourse (which i will still use the old one since we didn't get an upgrade).
  5. warador New Member

and you totally missed the point. they took away our fast cast grp heal with recourse.( sort of like a short duration hot ). and left a single target heal that damages you to cast which is just plain stupid . i dont use reckless but im sure that the 8k hp damage can be made up on a hot but again casting 2 spells when you only needed to cast 1 in the first place
  6. warador New Member

last exp they nerfed / fixed our counterbias heal so that it almost isnt worth casting . why does soe insist we are a priest class then take away the heals that help us keep up with druids and clerics on heals
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The fact that reckless damages you when you cast it isn't a major problem and I did point out how that issue can be handled in ways that will help healing the group.
  8. warador New Member

wow dude over your head much . i dont give a crap about reckless mending or whatever the new version is called . they took our fast cast group heal ( with secondary hot?) away. this will make it harder to heal groups on raids and in group situations also. i know you will say well we still have the current one but if its not scaled up as im sure mob damage will be it wont be near as effective. shaman would be much better off if they took reckless away and upgraded recourse.
  9. Mykaylla Augur

There is a "New Gotikan's Recourse" in the spell file. It seems, at a cursory glance, that all of the casters have some spells not available at launch, for example- Roar of Kolos for druids, Shining Armour for clerics, Splash for wizards, Chromatic Flash for enchanters, Rain of Molten Steel for mages, and Recourse for shaman.

It sucks that they're late, but there is info in the spell file on many of them, so those, at least, are not going away.

[35470/14538] New Gotikan's Recourse Rk. II
    Classes: SHM/97
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 3333
    Target: Target Group
    Range: 200, AE Range: 100
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 1s, Recast: 24s, Timer: 7
    1: Increase Current HP by 7818
    2: Cast: New Gotikan's Watch II [Spell 35473]
    Text: The spirit of Gotikan heals you.

[35482] New Gotikan's Alleviation II
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    1: Increase Current HP by 4227
    Text: You are healed by the remnants of Gotikan's spirit.
  10. warador New Member

ok fine /rant off. thanks for the info. maybe soe should spend a lil more time on finishing the expansions and a lil less time developing crap to sell in sc
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I was just replying to your complaint about having to heal yourself after casting it and yes I also want the recourse spell upgraded.
    Apeon likes this.
  12. warador New Member

wasnt complaining about having to heal myself as 8k is negligible like you pointed out . was complaining that they didnt upgrade our good group heal spell . but did find time to upgrade the lame single target one
  13. Tordail Elder

It isn't as simple as just upgrading the spell. Aristo said that Recourse is not slated to be cut but that tweaks are required to resolve some issues (same story as Counterbias). I feel there is reason to believe Recourse will be upgraded post-launch, though no developer has explicitly stated so.
  14. Kiru Elder

ZAM lists Slaunk's Spear of Venom as one of our level 96 spells, but doesn't list a scroll for it and it's not on our spell vendor. Is there some other way we're supposed to obtain this spell?
  15. Joe123 New Member

Shamans got screwed by the spell cuts. We lost two healing spells, one of them being the main group AoE heal we use.

Thankfully the content is so easy you won't need it.
  16. Nnewg Kahnzerson Journeyman

Our latest Poison dot Anguish does not stack with Scholoth....... kinda throws a kink into soloing with root dot when they wont let previous versions of a dot stack.
  17. Tordail Elder

Presumably, this will be addressed. The issue was raised during Beta and Aristo said Sholoth and Anguish do not stack because of the Doom effects. He put in a request to Code to fix them.
  18. telechir Elder

This applies to Falhotep's Afflliction also.
  19. Tordail Elder

Did you send in a /bug report?
  20. Kaushi Razorgrin Elder

Relax, they specifically said it wasn't permanent. They could be lying, I suppose, but there was something a dev wanted to work out with recourse before he added a new one (something rather silly iirc). I was mad they didn't put these spells in either, but they'll be back.