Shadowknight Clicky Ranking

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tucoh, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Tucoh Augur

So there are a ton of threads out there for clickies for shadowknights and tanks:

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=everquest shadowknight clickies

Why not one more? This time with a ranking created by someone who rolled a shadowknight a week ago! Please recommend ranking corrections, additions or removals! Ranking is purely the improving to in-combat lethality conferred to the Shadowknight without regard for difficulty of attainment.

S Rank
    Innoruuk's Dark Blessing

A Rank
    Duskbringer's Plate Chestguard of the Hateful
    Current Expansion BP
    Rage of Rolfron
    Jann's Veil

B Rank
    Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem
    Unified Phoenix Feather
    Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye

C Rank
    Silken Trillium
    Staff of Viral Flux
    Rod of Dark Rites
    Ancient Cloak of Flames
    Blood Drinker's Coating

D rank
    Necromantic Dragon Bone
    Flowing Etheric Soulrender Breastplate
    Breastplate of Wailing Hatred
    Slimy Ooze Ejector
    Wooly Spider Silk Net
    Fear Fruit
    Diplomatic Papers
    Overflowing Urn of Life
    Mom's Love
    Bioluminescent Orb
    Cloak of Realms
    Darkened Blood Ember Bracer
    Miniature Horn of Unity
    Ornate Gnollish Leather Boots

Special mention to these groups that I didn't want to include in the above list for possibly bad reasons

Utility
    A ton of port items
    A ton of item summon items
    Ring of the Ancients
    Clairvoyant Orb
    Holgresh Elder Beads / Clockwork Automaton
    Spirit of the Lost
    Orb of Calm Tides

Dispell
    Ring of Dissipation
    Shield of the Immaculate
    Cleansing Rod
    Venenium
    Shield of Immaculate Light
    Kijarl's Ring of Negation
    Skull of Null

Swarm Pet
    Amulet of the Drowned Mariner
    Cloth Cap
    Dog Whistle
    Shard of Eternal Pain
    Rune of Tallon
    code-zero and Cadira like this.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Only ones I really regularly use lately are: (some in your list are permanent buffs so don't really get "used" anymore)

2.0 (obviously)
    ToL BP
    Anguish BP
    Phoenix Feather
    Amulet of Necropotence (for when someone unilaterally decides I should be shrunk)
    Skull of Null
    Clockwork Automaton (for pre-engage buffing)
    Darkened Blood Ember Bracer (because it's on my multibind and I haven't had a reason to remove it)
    A mount of some kind (with the buff set to the latest version)
    A familiar of some kind (with the buff set to the latest version)

I'm bad about clicking my Circle of ___ stuff, but I do have them :p
    Ozon and code-zero like this.
  3. Szilent Augur

4. Tucoh Augur

Updated, thanks!
  5. Zipe The Healer

You can't use beads to summon an eye and tab it to heal yourself anymore?
  6. Szilent Augur

no, you only get hp back = hp of the Eye. You can use it to buff, like with Touch of Namdrows or Torrent, but won't get meaningful hp back
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

This is superseded by the Bobbing Corpse AA line. Not sure what level/era exactly, though.

Sadly, nope :( As Szilent mentioned, I use it to get the recourse buffs going from Parlay, Torrent, and Namdrows before engaging.
  8. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
  9. Israfel Elder

How easy is Rolfron Zek to box? I’ve been meaning to try but never have time.

Is blood drinker’s coating only B? Definitely higher for my warrior!
  10. Szilent Augur

at 120? trivial

leech effects are best-one-works, so SK has to run out of all of Lich Sting, Mortal Coil, Duskbringer BP, and Leechcurse disc before Blood Drinker's Coating plays at all
    Ozon likes this.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

Come on man you forgot Vicious Rabbit!

And as far as Rolfron Zek goes is it molable by a max aa sk with all T3 gear? I dont think I have any other of my boxes flagged for that.
  12. Israfel Elder

Thanks Szilent. That makes perfect sense then. I haven’t played a Shadowknight in ages!
  13. Tucoh Augur

Probably?

Rolfron kinda cheats, his damage abilities scale with target HP and there are some curing conditions to look out for, so you'll find he's much more threatening than you'd expect.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=46569

Getting flagged to him is pretty easy, he's fairly early on in the Plane of War flagging.
  14. Baeltor New Member

I would also add the Horn of Unity. While it does not stack with the Feather, it does not share a timer. So you can use one after the other. The Violet Conch Shell from TDS can be a longer AC buff than the Cloak of Realms. (Those two so not stack.)
  15. Tucoh Augur

Added the horn, thanks! Does Violet Conch of the Tempest conflict with Tekuel Skin? Or do you not care and prefer the AC the conch provides?
  16. Szilent Augur

mmm, New BloodDrinkers sensibly got a shared timer with the older one added. Wonder if we can have the same done to Feather/Horn. That'd be nice.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  17. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Personally, I stick with Tekuel (since they don't stack). I figure the ~6000 damage shield is going to offer me more overall benefit than ~20 AC.
  18. Wulfhere Augur

Ornate Gnollish Leather Boots helps disease spells land, especially between levels 71-88.
    Tucoh likes this.
  19. Tucoh Augur

thanks!

D is looking pretty overstuffed. If anyone has any recommendations on how to split it into D and E, please post! It might seem superfluous to split between them, but aspiring shadowknights like myself might enjoy the direction.
  20. Treiln Augur

Chronological order based upon when they were implemented into the game!