Settle the argument - 3rd party programs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by KarmaThaKing, Sep 18, 2015.

1. KarmaThaKing Elder

I am seeking an official answer from the devs or administrators....

There has been plenty of misleading answers and confusion regarding the use of 3rd party programs and playing the game. The confusion might even be my own, so this is why I am seeking an official reply.

Given the actual policy is states as follows:

And the TERMS OF SERVICE state:
    So given the facts above:
    1. If a person uses a 3rd party program AND that person presses 1 button AND 6 characters cast a spell or sit down......

Is this against the terms of service since it provide an advantage not available to other end users? Or is this specifically authorized?
  2. strongbus Augur

there was a whole thread about this a while back. using a program that lets your control all your toons at once as long as you are hitting keys to do the controls is ok. its using programs that will all your toons while you are not at the system that is not ok.

in other words using a program that requires you to hit key commands threw out the fight is ok. Using a program that you can start up and go to bed while it fights/loots/xp your toons all night is not ok.
    Motherlee and complexication like this.
  3. strongbus Augur

4. KarmaThaKing Elder

I would like to read Roshen's actual response if anyone can find it.

However, I guess I will need to read RadarX's statement inversely and assume that if you are at your computers and using 3rd party programs, then it is okay to use....

Thanks for chiming in and others who linked responses in the TLP thread. I guess this question is kind of "mute" now as Radarx considered this topic settled.

I consider myself re-educated. Though Daybreaks policies still seem a bit conflicted...
  5. Fallfyres Augur

-----------------

Except with the aid of the two add on programs TO the program that is being touted as being perfectly fine to use, one does not have to "hit key commands throughout out the fight" er-go why you have players being pissed off at the machinations which are being accomplished after spending the time needed to code it once or occasionally editing that as you need to if you change up classes or number of characters you include in your march-along lil army.

*Some players ONLY use the single program which shall not be mentioned here...but ****many, many**** are using those two add ons that go with that unmentionable program and that used in conjunction WITH the unmentionable program, most definitely provides for automated play of more than one character simultaneously.

Once set up, the players utilizing those do not have to continue to click a myriad of keys to keep them going in each log-on session...WHY THE HELL DO THESE MICRO-ENTREPRENEURS BOTHER WITH the additional software add ons if they are not gaining benefit? Come on. It couldn't be any clearer. There are literally addons available out there which handle cell phone overview to use while your lil army is afking. Such convenience! And if you'd like additional information on just how fabulous the two add on programs are; run your lil bootie right on over to the site called Red Guides, in the Public Knowledge section. You can get all the clarification you need, without even registering.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

One add on program with quest in its name is not legal regardless how you use it as far as I know.

The other one with boxer in its name is as long as you are at the keyboard.
  7. Wraithlord1998 New Member

It's the programs that completely automates things (IE - you aren't even in the house and it plays it for you; this is botting) that are illegal; or the ones that give you speed hacks or the ability to do things that are simply not possible for the class you're playing (IE - warriors porting like a druid or tracking); that's the stuff that's illegal.

Certain programs that allow you to more easily tab between multiple EverQuest windows; or to even run multiple characters at once in the first place (this is boxing) or to keep those multiple windows from crashing so much are not illegal.

Boxing is not illegal. Botting is. Folks often get them confused.
    Motherlee and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.