Fixed Serverwide chat channels

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Aanuvane, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Paladin Augur

To add to this, I noticed something that may play into this.

My alt can get into a serverwide channel that my main is not able to (as previously noted... "You are already in the channel or one of the auto-spawned sub-channels.").

So my alt looked at who all was in the channel, and there was my Main. Listed as being in the channel.

This, despite the fact my Main was not on line and has not been able to get into the channel for months, now.
    Silvena and minimind like this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

General (400)
    channel General not found.

yup working as intended.:oops:
  3. Paladin Augur

When it comes to Server channels, like General, I sometimes get booted to general1 as the base channel is full (400).
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Sometimes Im in one general and my alt is in another. And somehow the spammer gets to talk in both. IDK how he does that.
  5. Paladin Augur

I have actually been in both channels at the same time, which technically, should not happen.

The few times it has happened, I ended up in general1, then purposely joined General and ended up in both. It doesn't always work, but I have managed to do that by happenstance a couple of times.

As for the constant-spammers, I just add them to ignore and the spam is gone.

Personally, with 64-bit coming, maybe they can simply remove the 400 limit for channels, all together. Every once in a while, I see that 400 limit exceeded anyway.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Except that channel was not being spawned. What your describing is what's supposed to happen, when a channel is full another is supposed to be created and when it is full another is added...its a simple principle...if it worked.
  7. Warpeace Augur

People need to stop acting like 64 bit will suddenly change anything. They have to create and make changes in the first place for anything to happen.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Svann, all they do is set up their /autojoin channel to be in both
    /autojoin General, General1, bards, serverwide.bards:bards, taxi, serverwide.eqtraders:eqtraders
    etc..
    Svann2 likes this.
  9. Paladin Augur

That was my point for explanation?
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Before patch serverwides EQ resource was joining from autojoin, after yesterdays patch it is no longer joining this channel yet again. :rolleyes:

Tried joining in manually and EQ lies and tells me I'm in it. :mad:
    Paladin likes this.
  11. Paladin Augur

Yep, they are still broken. I suspect if you camp to an alt and log into the channel, then list who all is in that channel, you might see that you main is listed, even though your main is not even logged in.

This happened to me as noted previously. It looks like Players are not being properly removed from serverwide channels when they camp, maybe? And when you do log back in, you can't join the channel because the game thinks you are all ready in that channel?
    Silvena likes this.
  12. Aanuvane Augur

Yeah - I'm seeing this issue across multiple characters and accounts today.
  13. Aanuvane Augur

Just noticed a "new" problem, but others have indicated they have suffered with this as well....I am successfully logged into the channel with the Aanuvane Character, but I can't see chat from other servers - I can see chat from people on Povar, but not Cazic. On the other characters I have logged in and in the channel, I can see the chat from characters on the Cazic server.
    Rondor and Elyssanda like this.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I have the following autojoin setup:

Channel1, NewPlayers, Channel3, Channel4, Monk, General, serverwide.monkly:business, serverwide.eqresource:eqresource
    But I get the "You are already in the channel or one of the auto-spawned sub-channels." message with it kicking me out of the serverwide.monkly:business.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Is there a fix for this issue? At first it was telling me Im already in the serverwide.bards channel when I tried to join, but /list wasnt showing it as one of my channels. So I logged out and deleted it from my ini file, and now when I try to join it says Player Svann not found on channel server. Or should I make a new thread for it?
  16. Korea numbah3 Elder

Seems like they would just need to clear the cache or force close all of the chat channels. I've got multiple toons in the druidsgrove but I haven't been able to connect to it in months.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Something weird I just noticed. On Svann I cant see or join serverwide.bards because it says Im already in it. But my heroic alt bard is in it. The weird thing is that Svann sees when Tathan my alt speaks in serverwide.bards.
    Svann sees Tathan tells #serverwide.bards, 'test' in green just like that.
    Tathan sees You tell serverwide.bards:2, 'test'
    Notice the difference in formatting (and color).
    But when others talk on the channel Svann does not see it.

Idk, maybe that might be a clue to what the bug is.
    Silvena likes this.
  18. Aanuvane Augur

This sounds like what I reported in this thread on 1/3?

I noticed something the other day as I was manually trying to add Aan to the channel (because I cannot set autojoin for her, that is part of what starts generating the errors), when I mistyped serverwide to severwide - i was bugged for a while after that until I logged everyone out and back in the next morning....
  19. Aanuvane Augur

I appear to be able to manually join serverwide.eqtraders on the Aanuvane character, and I see everyone (cross server) coming and going in the channel since I have announcements on....but....I can only see incoming chat from characters on my server. I cannot see incoming chat from people on other servers. When I talk in channel - they appear to be able to see me because they are answering me (I can see the answers on other characters in the channel).
    Silvena, Elyssanda and Rondor like this.
  20. Paladin Augur

This issue has once again reared it's ugly head.

I was working fine for about 2 weeks after the last patch.... but then it was back to problems.

This has to do with serverwide channels.