Fixed Serverwide chat channels

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Aanuvane, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Evilfire New Member

This issue has been continuously going on for many months now. I have several characters unable to join class serverwide channels because their ghost or whatever is already there. It has been an issue since around beta time or earlier and never been fixed.
    Silvena likes this.
  2. Paladin Augur

This is exactly the issue. I am told by people who are in a serverwide channel that it shows my toon is in it, even though my toon is 100% not in it.

Perhaps there is an issue with a toon auto leaving serverwide channels when they camp.
    Silvena likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Has anyone ever figured out how to fix this? Its happened again. I (Svann) dont appear to be in serverwide.bards:bards and when I try to join it says
    "You are already in the channel or one of the auto-spawned sub-channels".
    I joined on my alt (Wakt) and when he types in the channel Svann sees
    Wakt tells #serverwide.bards, 'test'
    All in green and notice it uses # at the front of it. When Wakt does /list 1 it shows Svann in channel, but it doesnt seem like it for Svann. Ive also tried leaving the channel but it says Im not in it.

edit: I thought it might be Svann from beta ghosting in but when Wakt does /list 1 it shows Svann without a servername so I think that is the same server (Bristlebane).
    Paladin and Silvena like this.
  4. Ssdar Augur

I don't think there's anything we as players can do to fix this. It's been a problem on my main for over a year now and I've just accepted that I can't join serverwide channels until the developers solve the problem.
    Silvena, Fenthen and Warpeace like this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Issue is fixed as of this morning. For anyone that still has the issue here is what I did.
    1. joined serverwide.bards on an alt
    2. typed ;oplist serverwide.bards which told me the owner of the channel
    3. sent an in game mail asking for a kick
    4. result: this morning autojoin worked
    CrazyLarth, Rondor and Fenthen like this.