Server Downtime: Weds, Jan 20 @ 5:30 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 15, 2016.

1. DruidCT Augur

You'all better have fixed type 9 augs not being available for range/charm items or I might have to start a revolution. Another poster suggested this was still broken with this patch. If I have to wait another month for that fix I will be cross.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  2. Unkynd Journeyman

No ETA is one of the worst things an IT person can say.

It basically means they have no clue how broken it is or how long it's going to take to fix. It also means they shouldn't have rushed testing the patch and should have caught the problem well before it was pushed into production. Configuration Management for the win!
    nolan081100 likes this.
  3. Clabuk Journeyman

no doubt, a more thorough answer to peoples questions would be lovely. my post was geared towards the people whom 30 seconds after the servers went down, 1st and 2nd time were already screaming at DB for bringing the servers down, them having the servers down doesnt make them money. Everyone keeps saying there ALL about money, so wouldnt it be viable that they'd focus on getting the servers back up and running that way there making money? and if they find a bug thats gonna make people wanna slit there wrists and quit which will lose them money why not just bring the server back down for an emergency patch to fix that problem that way when they do bring it back up the servers will be up longer which will make them... wait for it... MORE MONEY!!! I'd love to see some of the people who cry and complain try and go through C++ and even way more advanced coding than that. Most would stare at it and be dumb founded, its not easy by any means so cut DB some slack. Yes they suck at maintenance and there Customer support for ingame is pretty much useless. BUT it could be WAY worse.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  4. SnowballsT Journeyman

Yup I saw someone mention it in the test notes, was no answer so I figured they were on top of it, I mean both augs had same problem so surely same fix ? but no, type 9's still wont go in. Only been a problem since first day or so of Beta so they have only had a few months to fix, lets not push them.
    cfrechen and nolan081100 like this.
  5. Lanogas Journeyman

Nope. It just means they can't say for sure "it's gonna take 25 minutes to fix and then 15 minutes to propagate onto servers, then the reboot on the servers is going to take 6 minutes".

I'm a programmer and I never give an ETA on code. 'Cause you know what? If you say "one hour" and it takes one hour and fifteen minutes, people start flinging poop like chimps.
  6. Kempel Journeyman

Maybe it's just me (probably is), but I actually like when the servers come down. When they come back up, there are named all over the place that need a beating that I wouldn't have time to spend camping countless hours killing place holders.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  7. Clabuk Journeyman

Honestly id rather them say "Okay were not sure how long its gonna take but when the game comes back up everything will be fixed and functional" rather than them say "Alright guys servers will be down for 20 mins, but we dont know if we fixed the problem sooooooo let us know."
    nolan081100 likes this.
  8. Idget Lorekeeper

I work in maintenance at a semiconductor company. I love if when the production guys come over and keep bugging me about how long its going to take to get fixed. I always say when I know exactly whats wrong with it I will tell you how long it will take me but the more you bother me the longer its going to take lol...
    Gyurika Godofwar and nolan081100 like this.
  9. Errol New Member

Whats the bets they haven' t fixed Lendel Deeppockets, ( the main Rivervale rogue guildmaster ). Still waiting to turn in my 'a tattered note' .....
    nolan081100 likes this.
  10. tanith Augur

So you can never say whether it will be 10 minutes or 10 hours? That's what folk want - a ballpark. If we can be told 'at least 2 hours' we can go away and stop spamming boards/login servers etc. The lack of information is, and has always been, one of the suckiest things about this game
    nolan081100 likes this.
  11. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

See the thread here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/copsestalker-enrichment.228418/

Just because it's a group buff doesn't automatically mean it's going to be MGB'able. That is intended, and honestly does not need to be "fixed". The only fix that was needed was to the buff affecting Berserker abilities and that was implemented this patch, in writing anyway.

Seriously don't see the cause for all the uproar over this.
    Warpeace and nolan081100 like this.
  12. Clabuk Journeyman

how can they give an ETA if they dont know what the problem is or how to fix it or if something unexpected happens like just now where they fixed the problems in the patch but as soon as it got implemented and people started logging on something else broke that they had to fix. you cant really give an ETA on something random and unexpected.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  13. nolan081100 Journeyman

I would like to post an example of an unexpected bug here....

Programmer goes to the store to get milk, wife says, "While you're there, get eggs."
    He never came home.

now lets view this in code and see why...

husband.setAtStore(true);
    while(husband.getAtStore()) {
    husband.getEggs();
    }
    looks normal enough to the untrained eye, BUT....

WHILE (husband) IN STORE -> GET (eggs)
    Since the husband is getting eggs, he never leaves the store. Since he never leaves the store, he keeps getting eggs.

aaaaand eventually...

the husband will have all of the eggs in his cart and husband.getEggs() will throw an error.
  14. Lanogas Journeyman

Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. It all depends on the issue - If I've got an issue somewhere but no idea where, nope. If I have isolated the issue, yeah, I can oftentimes give a ballpark. I still don't. Because, again. Poop flinging. )
    nolan081100 likes this.
  15. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

Because people want to troll Bro, lmao!
    Gyurika Godofwar and nolan081100 like this.
  16. Unkynd Journeyman

I think you meant you'd show an example of untested code... that code would never make it to production if good regression testing was done prior to deploying to production.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  17. FixShamanPlease Elder

It's a bug/exploit with shadowrest? Cause prog servers are down also.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  18. Aluerin New Member

The people that will get this are too few and far. lol
    nolan081100 likes this.
  19. pelore New Member

what id like to know is if they are taking the slot 9 out of shield of dreams are they going to correct the ac on the chest items for the classes that can use ??? As even with the 216 ac aug my chest piece is 80 ac down to last exp and still lacks hit points! I though the slot 9 may have been put in on purpose to equal it out but as they are removing it I will be at a secondary loss of hp and ac through it!!! I know they said they are upping the shield ac by 20% but still you need to look at the stats for the tanking classes on hp and ac as they are way to low and I haven't bothered to change it yet with a full set because I lose out and now your taking the slot 9 away from the shield even more of a loss!
  20. Skurj New Member

I didn't see any mention in the patch notes about resolving the bug where mobs are doing double damage harmtouchs' on the TLP servers.

Was it just omitted? I hope so, because the bug is making certain zones very difficult for appropriate level grouping, with light blue mobs taking a tanks health points down to half in an instant.

Other than that thank you for your work in resolving issues and bugs in general.
    nolan081100 likes this.