Server Downtime: Weds, Jan 20 @ 5:30 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Aspect New Member

Honestly, I think 8 hours AFTER the post of "investigating an issue" we might warrant some kind of an update... I mean, come on, even SoE didn't stretch out the trail of this long lol

Also have to agree with some of the previous posters, is DBG even testing these updates before pushing them live? lol If so, their QA team is utter crap... lol
    nolan081100 likes this.
  2. Cendharia Journeyman

And...another cow flew by :p
    nolan081100 likes this.
  3. Davuk Journeyman

LOL
    Betting almost no one else understands that one Shr3w3d
    nolan081100 likes this.
  4. Cendharia Journeyman

They posted something about 43 mins ago saying still investigating...
    nolan081100 likes this.
  5. Time Burner 2 Augur

Raising the subscription price more than once a decade might allow for an adequately sized dev team.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  6. Shelda New Member

I am not angry enough to flame, use profanity or get upset. We've had worse downtimes than this at expansion launches.

However, that said, what does get under my skin is the lack of telling us what you are investigating and what is taking so long. Keep us in the loop. Not a play-by-play, but tell us what you're looking at and exactly what is potentially keeping the game down so far beyond the original 4 hours.

Honestly, I work in enterprise storage and if we didn't keep our customers updated about every 30 minutes as to what is happening, we'd be in some serious hot water.

All I am asking is that Daybreak give us some kind of quality and substance because in the end, we ARE paying customers and have a right to know what is keeping the system offline so far beyond the planned window.

So how about it Daybreak? Some kind of understandable update wouldn't be out of line here.
    nolan081100 and NomNom like this.
  7. Soulessone New Member

if we had a live feed watching the dev trying to fix stuff it would ether be there siting on there azz's BSing to each other ... or there playing some other game that have devs that know what there doing .. or just circle jerking each other ... or all 3 at the same time
    nolan081100 and Cendharia like this.
  8. Cendharia Journeyman

Does he have mouse tantrums? hehehe
    nolan081100 likes this.
  9. Ladysoth Augur

Fear not, sir. I have, at great personal risk to life and limb, brought you such a camera feed.

If this has already been posted sue me, I'm not reading 17 pages of whining~
  10. Poote Lorekeeper

"Nothing is ever broken. It's working as intended."
    "Everquest is an unstable environment!" ~ Ngreth (the dearly departed)
    nolan081100 likes this.
  11. Cendharia Journeyman

Good for you! Passed some time..I had to go clean up the patio. Done!
    nolan081100 likes this.
  12. Dracnoir New Member

I am at a loss, I have to agree a message should be updated hourly as to the status and a ETA of up time. Don't really care about x2 XP as I enjoy playing which would of been nice today, but I understand patches are necessary with in reason.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  13. NomNom New Member

Dutch Rutter anyone?
    nolan081100 likes this.
  14. Furtenz New Member

Btw yes I am dealing with it but no longer willing to pay $15 a month.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  15. Cendharia Journeyman

Or nodding off because you didn't have a clue what was going on....I am pretty sure watching someone code would bore me to death. :p
    nolan081100 likes this.
  16. NomNom New Member

But the shiny button always fixes things?
    nolan081100 likes this.
  17. Isssk New Member

I think ISIS might be the cause of all the down time... that and my angry cat.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  18. McDougal Augur

That made me laugh LOL
    nolan081100 and Cendharia like this.
  19. NoBuffs New Member

Came back a few days ago, excited for Phinigel after leaving over a decade ago (about GoD time). Figured I could get as close to the original EQ experience as possible. Thank you Daybreak, for reminding me why we used to call the game EverPatch back in the day. Part of the "original EQ experience" I guess......
    nolan081100 likes this.
  20. Dogdaze New Member

My dog died =( Not recently, it was back in March 2012. She was the best dog ever, she never jumped on anyone, she never barked or bit anyone, never had an accident in the house and now because of this "extended patch" I had the time to bury her...sniff sniff...best dog ever..I already miss her. But on the bright side, the lilacs should do well next spring.
    nolan081100 likes this.