Seriously Disappointed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Genjo, May 21, 2020.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

How did you know I was talking about you??

No, but seriously. The entitlement schtick gets old. DPG is doing the BEST they can with the hand they were dealt. Trying to keep a game online for their customers. I think they've done a fantastic job given the constraints.

Insult the paying customers? I am a paying customer. I have been since 1999. How about you?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Northstar_007 New Member

Well lets see, since boats were the main source of travel and you'd stay up most the night making corpse runs & lose a weeks worth of exp now and then. So as long as you... with breaks here and there.

Point is, this obviously isn't the old days when EQ was the big dog and people just put up with it. If you're trying to hold onto old customers and entice new ones, you better be on your game because you're not going to hold the customers attention very long.

I still enjoy the game after all these years and I don't mind dropping some coin to play, but I am not an apologist for sloppy service, there is no other way of looking at it if you have any kind of business sense.
  3. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

If someone paid for new tires and they repeatedly were getting flat and it had nothing to do with running over something sharp, something is wrong with the product and refunds will be given, actually lawsuits due to danger and very damaging to the tire company. How many times would someone trust the company to still give you shoddy tires for compensation IF you even got that much out of them?

If someone paid for pizza on Super Bowl Sunday and there was no warning it would take that long (Any restaurant worth their salt would tell you ahead of time the delay) there would be some money taken off that pizza or simply the delivery person would be going back with zero money and a cold pizza. Although to be fair everyone expects there should be a delay on Super Bowl Sunday. What they do not expect is that on any other normal given day that the same ridiculous time should be ok and especially without warning.

If someone paid for ISP and it was constantly going out, there would be refunds (discounts if you like) or simply switch services where available.

As you stated, you don't pay for the mistakes of others and that is the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so. If they do they are fools. And at least you admitted that the TOS and the EULA can be defeated. There are other clauses besides downtime that I always have to shake my head at as if no one in their right mind would not try for compensation. I am not saying a little down time is not to be expected or should even tried to be argued in court as you would be wasting your time for small delays anyway. I am arguing that people keep throwing the TOS and EULA out there like it is God writing on the stone tablets or something. ^^!
  4. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Hear! Hear! I'll plus one to that! even if the same problems occurred before these "unprecedented times"...

And subtract one from this. ^^!

With all due respect, some would call those people fools for paying for something and not getting it. I am sure someone could twist what I said around, but my comment still stands.

He was not quoting you, unless you and Lionheart (Even if it does not state that in the quote, but it is the post right above his word for word...) are the same person on two different forum accounts... o0
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

And here I thought we were putting all of this behind us.

What, precisely, are you asking for? For DPG to turn back time so they can right every wrong? Fix every bug before code release? Anticipate every misstep? And correct every decision ever made that resulted in downtime of this game?

In the last 365 days (that's one year, for those who might not be aware) I estimate EverQuest was down 20 of them due to patches, database and server migrations, server merges, and maintenance. That's 94.5% uptime. It what way is this unacceptable? The game, databases, and infrastructure need maintenance. It HAS to be done. No way around it. Add to that the complexity and unforeseeable gremlins associated with that complexity, and I anticipate problems resulting in additional downtime. In fact, it's no small feat that we only had 20 total days of downtime in a year.

Call me an apologist. If that is what I am, I wear that label proudly. I rather believe I am a clarion voice amongst a mob who really has no grounds on which to be angry.

He wasn't quoting me. He was referencing me. Anyone with the ability to read can see that.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yes IF they are losing customers in droves. I highly doubt it. No one in my guild or anyone I know on the server I play on has even hinted at leaving the game.

MAYBE I could see folks quitting over the loss of shared bank stuff if they don't get it back. Still not a lot of folks but I could see some leaving.

Since many of those complaining about the down time and demanding compensation love analogies here is one.

A football stadium crowd has to live through a 20 minute delay in the game so those that are super upset stomp outside the stadium sure everyone will follow. Then for another 10 minutes the five people who actually left the stadium just stare at each other then four of them sheepishly return to watch the rest of the game.
    minimind likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Again with analogies that are completely inaccurate in portraying the situation. But I guess it does show how unreasonable some are and how they actually view the situation.

I gotta be honest when you and others use these crazy analogies you do not help your cause because it just shows how way out there you are all on this.