September Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Zaknaffein Augur

It's not a DT to the player that lucia warps to if the tank is good. Warlords grasp works wonders for that raid in particular, assuming your raid positions itself accordingly during that event. I posted about this here. Grasp has 100 range, keep in mind.

That lanys trigger is for her directional corruption based debuff, not sure how that kills you outright? Splashes/bard cures work to get rid of it. You might be thinking of when lanys Drops the highest person on her agro list from her hate list? Which again is negated by a good tank with warlords grasp or has any clue on how to play a warrior.

As to everyone else complaining about this, all I am reading is a bunch of players who obviously don't know how to pull or never had to actually pull for a group in this game and just mass pull/ae gribbles. These changes will do nothing to hinder my ability to pull in EQ.

As to the raid impacts, if you have raided with me before you know agro isn't an issue. It will continue to be a non issue even if DPS are unable to fade agro now. The only thing this will effect in raids with me is Melee DPS running out of Endurance, or myself after a death being unable to get breather off before I get in combat from AE's, or dieing because other tanks are slow on tank switch mechanics with DT and I can't fade agro before I go boom.

I have Zero issues with making EQ require some skill involved in playing and actually making classes a bit more unique in what they bring to a group/raid setting.

I also recall a Dev mentioning that they are going to make agro more of a skill needed as well to play so perhaps this is part of thier solution to that.
  2. Axxius Augur

Does a copy of you come with the new expansion's pre-order? I'd like to buy 3!
    Winnowyl and Silv like this.
  3. Iila Augur

Anyone else concerned that test patch notes still aren't up? Less than a week to find issues that won't be addressed before this goes live?
    Yinla, Mintalie, Mayfaire and 3 others like this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

/surname Lovedtowerofrotbeta

Just sayin'!
    Mayfaire, Winnowyl and Iila like this.
  5. Iila Augur

I have one of the few active best of the best titles still around, I'm not giving it up!
    Mintalie, Mayfaire and Sheex like this.
  6. Zaknaffein Augur

The biggest effects that fade changes will have on raids actually will be for rampage come to think of it.

If you can't fade off rampage now... Though rampage hate list being seperate to the mobs hate list I'm not sure how the changes to fade will effect this now if at all?

Should be interesting though for some events with all the blur mechanics or actually putting some effort into making sure a tank sets up rampage correctly at the start! Those /afk auto attacking players might have to actually turn off thier scripts when a mob blurs now!
  7. Demandred Elder

I like the assumptions, 1 I being pessimistic about nerf to fading memories obviously do not know how to pull, and 2 exactly how that nerf works since it's not on test and no one but a dev has seen it. My techniques are sound but they haven't been employed since Underfoot, and Omg the whining of packed camps. Look at modern zone designs, Grelleth for one is a total joke, is no bull in a China shop, it's more like a mosquito. It makes no sense to drop the bat yet again on a class that hasn't had a decent exploit or advantage for years, aside from an ae mezz but that's hardly causing the creation of thousands of bard armies taking over servers...
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I noticed. I also noticed that the game has gotten progressively older and gotten less resources overtime. It all sort of goes hand in hand. I see changes like this that allow Devs a new angle as they reinvent the wheel to give us something slightly different to do. Yes, they will lose people over it but they will be able to keep those of us that are still interested.

It seems like everyone still thinks these guys got a unlimited budget and ideas to work in a engine that is going on 20 years old.
  9. Silv Augur

Very.

Maybe they have just eliminated the week lag time between test and live patches. Not like they matter :rolleyes:
    Iila likes this.
  10. Riou EQResource

It's a big patch it will be soon :p
  11. Bamkan Augur

And the faded mobs would require the server tick to reaggro. A few fades over a few seconds and you'd have namer single. It should make it extremely easy to pull single namer everytime.

I'm going to have to drop down a couple of levels on my bard to try it out when test comes up :)
  12. Mannhec Lorekeeper

The Dev posted the thread, which probably means the changes are already in the Development environment so good possibility they will not be changed/removed... no response to all the posts so far. As a developer they were probably told what to do. They now have to take these concerns to their boss, who probably does not care to review the boards and is awaiting a response form said boss. My guess is the changes are here and we have to adapt. would it not be nice if they developed a player based forum to discuss this stuff? Say a survey from players that would be interested in helping make decisions then they chose like 5 from each class from each server to sit on this board and vote on changes? Maybe gear the survey to include time played, type of play, play time, knowledge of the class etc.? I would suggest since we know the changes, get them in Beta quick, perhaps change some of the raid event to allow a group or single person to get it and see actually what this has done to us... BTW I am a Shaman and my Punt as best I can tell works on zero raid mobs, so I do not pull or CC anymore on those. My fade is ridiculous.
    Motherlee likes this.
  13. Motherlee Augur

Shouldn't percentages be allocated to games based on the amount they generate?
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I would think so, but I am not the guy at DBG that gets to decide that and neither are the red names you see playing around on this forum. I have wasted the odd minute or two though daydreaming about being the guy who controls the money.
    Silv and Motherlee like this.
  15. segap Augur

No. You allocate resources based on future revenue predictions. If you have a stagnant or dying cash cow, you milk it and hope to create a new cash cow that grows from that milk. If you want a business that grows, you have to invest in what you think will grow. They may have cut down on EQ too soon and cost themselves, but the general principal was sound.
  16. Nein Lyves Lorekeeper

It's been a while since I read about EQ changing drastically because a bug was fixed. It was when the patch went in and mobs would run when they got to a certain health level. Until that patch, for years, mobs would just stand there and die. An intern was hired to do code clean up and he found a variable that was not being initialized like it should. Once it was fixed, the code worked properly and mobs ran when they got too hurt. And wow did people get riled up because of that "fix". Having to chase mobs to kill them. :)
    lagkills likes this.
  17. Muji Augur

Monks have been pullers since Kunark. Our specialty was splitting the mobs, as opposed to pulling them. Bards have always been pullers but wasn't necessarily the best at splitting them at first. When it came time to split juggs from trakanon, you asked a monk to do it, not a bard. But also alot of times monks work in tandem with splitter and tagger. I also know when to step down and let bards and rangers shine in plane of fear. Track plus selo/sow was the way to go in Fear. Once fade came along, that pretty much allowed bards to be on equal footing almost with that skill alone. Add in all the pacify and highsun snare etc and they became the best in all situations except a few indoor ones in super close quarters. Though it was harder to chain fade as much back then at first.

I remember as far back as having bards pull lower guk for our groups, but I also remember as far back as forging antonian javalins so I could pull ToV with 250 range throwing item. I also remember rangers and druids being the master at outdoor pulling, as in with the pull in western wastes for scout event. Before monks got pacify I wasn't afraid to ask the cleric to paci mobs for me or just pull. Those are powerful pulling tools. Monks have pacify now but we can only cast it on one mob cause of duration and recast.

Monks and bards both have been pullers since forever, we can leave it at that!
    Rcalielie, JolineSZ and Pizzicato like this.
  18. BardCorpse0254 New Member

DB, you are ignorant of what the bard class faces.

Fade is not use primarily for pulling. Been playing a bard for years and fade is only 1 component to pulling. Don't screw it up. All this does is remove the difference from a skill bard and unskilled bard, not the other way around as you claim.

I use fade not to pull a mob, but only to lose agro once I have placed a mob where I want it. Fade works to enable bards to pull mobs using mez, lure, sonic among many other abilities. Any half wit that can actually play a bard will agree.

Lets get to raid and mana,
    Bard need to fade mobs, our mana regen, oh wait we have none.....
    We die on raid we have to completely sit out for 4 minutes just to start to gain mana.
    Fade is our only saving grace.
    Do you intend on having mana regen, mod rods, QM and other mana effects take hold on a bard?
  19. Kontra Augur

Wow, some excellent news with respect to the full sized expansion over a half sized campaign!!...but then some unsettling news as well. I guess I will defer my judgement until I've had a chance to see just what becomes of these supposed "changes" in terms of what actually makes it to the implementation stage on live servers.

One thing I can say for certain is this: When I returned to Everquest a few years back and got sufficient level to use Moving Mountains coupled with Imitate Death, I actually remember feeling pretty pathetic the first time using it lol...kinda had an inner monologue of "is this seriously what pulling has been reduced to now in EQ?". Pulling was a true art form back in the early days of the game, and I for one have no issues with changes to make it more of a challenge. However, as someone stated previously, those changes need to be carefully examined in detail, with the player base and the community as a whole supporting them.They cannot just simply be !kneejerk! reactions, or you won't get an accurate depiction of some of the other areas that these changes may or may not aftect unintentionally, whether directly or indirectly.

Lets try and maintain a degree of professionalism here in your business decisions please. As Adetia mentioned earlier in her well thought out post, your player base themselves are those with the thousands upon thousands of years of actual gametime accrued. I know I speak for myself (and more than likely alot of other players) in that regard, and we'd appreciate some consideration.

K
    adetia, Motherlee and Mayfaire like this.
  20. svann Augur

netherstep