September Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Warpeace Augur

They already posted over a year ago Vet rewards would not be continued....they are dead and gone.

Consider it this way if you are a brand new player you would never catch up and some of the vet rewards were getting lame.
    lockjaws likes this.
  2. haswb New Member

Much has changed in the last year. Saw nothing wrong with vet rewards. EQ II vet rewards kept rolling right along while EQ I were cut. Probably was just a time / effort thing which with recent changes they may revisit if enough people wanted them.
    lockjaws likes this.
  3. Swiss Augur

Maybe the new vet reward will be fades that work all the time.
  4. Naugrin Augur

While I appreciate the patch, keep it please. I insist.
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

Yeah, I stopped reading there.
    Fenudir, Silv, Mintalie and 1 other person like this.
  6. Phynster2 Journeyman

So if you guys are doing this to us, and increasing Fading Memories mana cost, can u actually make it so spells like Quite miracle, Mana Rods, and stuff like that actually work on bards....
    lockjaws and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. bruisedly New Member

Will hate and fear be instanced on TLP? It was mentioned in the other thread but I don't see it here.
  8. Piyper New Member

I understand that you think that pulling is too easy and you want to nerf it a bit, I get it, sure, however as a fully raid geared bard I do have some objections

1. Plate wearing class (talking bard in case you forgot) still can’t tank as good as a lot of chain and leather wearers.
    2. Still has trouble beating a warrior in DPS parses
    3. Can’t heal
    4. Can’t solo any mob close in con
    5. AE kiting nerfed years ago
    6. Swarm kiting nerfed
    7. Charm kiting, was nerfed for years, but you did extend the range of charms a bit, will give you that, but still crappy for kiting
    8. Can’t chain AE mez, sort of can with woodwind finesse, but buggy as heck, still can’t chain it, so for a CC class we can chain mez ( single), maybe 5 (an do nothing else)
    9. Silent Displacement isn’t really silent, wakes up mobs, so useless for CC
    10. For a group utility class, our ADPS wasn’t really nerfd, you just gave other classes better
    11. You gave use Fade, then you gave it to everyone else, now you are nefing it for everyone including us

Now comes the mana issues, so we all knew (maybe some didn’t) going into it when we started a bard that our med was capped at 1, we couldn’t get mana from any other source, QM, Rods, you even nerfd mana stones that use to work, our own songs don't even help us. You pretty much did everything you could do to limit mana recovery. Sure, NP, we knew that, however, now you make us use mana like casters and still gives us no way to recover it.

That seems a little unfair.

Oh wait, we can still run slightly faster than a mount, at least in the new expansion, can you create a raid that makes running fast useful since over the years you have nerfd everything else about the class?

Or maybe just delete the class and get it over with, I’ll roll a chanter.
    Jennre and Grove like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wizards have always been able to lower their agro, with the introduction of fade, we were refused upgrades to some of these abilities. These need upgrading BEFORE the fade changes go live.

Also only one wizard being able to use mindfreeze or whatever the latest version is called also needs to change. All wizards should be able to lower their agro at the same time.

I do find it amusing when a tank dies, that all the wizzys in turn end up in the HoTT window, as agro switches from one to the next as each one jumps in their hole, with these changes they will either all end up dead, evaced or in Beza or Zeka!
    svann likes this.
  10. Simone Augur

I logged into test server to see the full news of all things there and then logged into the warrior I test copied from the TLP. I am very concerned with the damage bonus changes since it seems entirely unnecessary and a huge nerf to warriors since the damage bonus on most weapons seems to have been reduced; in the case of 1 hand weapons, greatly so.

Warriors generate much of their hate from swinging weapons at the mob with that hate being equal to the weapon DMG + the weapon damage bonus on each swing. Currently swinging a Short Sword of the Ykesha generates 16 hate per swing at level 50; now it will generate only 9 hate per swing at level 50..... That's a huge nerf. Please don't do this.

Warriors already have enough trouble holding aggro in classic and now you want to make it even harder? Seriously do not change how damage bonus is calculated in EverQuest it is not necessary. It really isn't necessary.

Again please don't do this or at least don't publish these specific changes to the TLP servers. Thank you.
  11. DebonAir Lorekeeper

Can you please revert the LauchPad back to the state it had before its August 17th patch, when it used to work on machines not supporting the SSE2 instruction set expansion?
    Otherwise several people (including me) won't be able to patch the game on September 23rd and will probably be locked out of the game!

See this post for details!
    Motherlee likes this.
  12. Poydras Augur

Seems to me it's also a crutch by which higher damage can be dished out, making this a genuine nerf to dps classes.
  13. YellowBelly Augur

The EQ developers way to handle backlash against a major nerf

1. Post the change
    2. Let them complain
    3. Nerf goes in
    4. Complaining dies down
    5. Win

This actually sounds like it comes from the Elidroth school of unnecessary changes. Seriously leave the game alone man. You area wrecking ball to it.
    Motherlee likes this.
  14. Annalael New Member

Well I feel sorry for tanks that have to drop their agro on some raid encounters so that the Named mob shifts to the next tank. As a ranger I know how hard it is to outrun the current mobs to even get to a point where I can hit Cover Tracks. Snare, Root, and Mez, are all often resisted or the mobs are just not affected by them. Bards, Monks, Necros , and SKs all get hit with a big nerf bat.

My mind is boggled by all the collateral damage this patch will bring to the game.
    Motherlee likes this.
  15. Ghubuk Augur

A tank should really never be using a fade ability to do a tank switch. Tanks have various taunt methods to get to top of list. A tank using a fade ability to tank switch is just going to get dps killed.
    Motherlee likes this.
  16. Wizdons Augur

anyone know what the mana cost will be? i know it said somthing like 3% per level. is that per level starting at 75+?

is fading memory 800 mana right? havnt paid attention to the mana cost in years.. so would that be +24 mana per level so somthing like +720 mana more @105?
  17. Poydras Augur

Still not sure I'm getting this:

"pulling isn't the challenge it was intended to be so:
    1. making fade a visible buff, isn't that handy?
    2. fixing range bug to finally work as intended.
    3. fixing failure rate to finally work as intended.
    4. Oh and uh, completely GANKING bards' core ability to pull for raids with an out-of-the-blue level cap. Enjoy!"

Really?
  18. Souliwarr Apprentice

So, let us all remember that monks were the first designated pulling class of Everquest. With that in mind, wouldn't it be safe to assume that they should be given an upper hand in pulling, regardless? Well, that is not the case. Let me then reiterate what many have already said, fade effects being nerfed are a bit of an issue. I can see why you would give it a range now, that makes sense... you can't just poof and drop agro if a mob is right in front of you. But for the abilities that Feign Death and drop agro, isn't that the point? The way I am reading this is that Imitate Death will no longer drop agro 100% of the time, so if that is the case it would make it just like another Feign Death ability with a longer reuse timer and an invis component which let's be honest, if it doesn't drop agro 100% of the time is useless.

I'm sure you guys are trying your best here to make the game more challenging, but effectively removing the effectiveness of the original pulling class's abilities is a little crazy. Monks already have for lack of a better word, a difficult time single pulling when compared to the Necromancer, Shadow Knight, or Bard just because of snare and/or fade, and now the only agro dump that we have to give us a more level playing field is being removed while the other classes still have some minor crutches? A bit ridiculous. I hope every other monk besides myself enjoys flop pulling like it's 1999 again, because that's the direction we are headed while other classes can continue to single pull with just a couple of abilities.

/rant off.

Thank you,
    Souliwarr
    Kiillz likes this.
  19. Kezlek Journeyman

What's left to nerf on bards? Are we soon going to see an update claiming running and singing is an unintended exploit and ban all bard ever made? Why the f--- not at this point. That'd actually be funny. An mmo first, devs destroy class, jus cause.

Won't these changes go against their anti afk killing policy, as a bard as i'll be doing soon is /melody and than nothing, no one even notices our dps. Gonna be annoying having to inform people constantly , no I'm actually at keyboard apparently doing something.

Done talking to this wall again. Time for me to be a quiet incompetent whiner

Is killing in posky the new /ragequit?
    Motherlee likes this.
  20. Rhymez Thebard Elder

Converting already in game buffs and nerfing is how dev time is spent these days?

EQ use to be fun. Now it just sucks. Good luck dudes I wish you the best.