Rude buff requests

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tinytinker, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Aiona Augur

I think part of the disconnect for some of these players is that they are trying to 'single player an MMO game' -- they might not be here to socialize or involve themselves in the community, or get attached to any other players (AKA form relationships), they may just be here to experience the game solo and notice that they can benefit greatly from other class buffs.

I understand those who expect some manners and social graces from players before they are willing to buff non-group members. Though I also understand the players who are running across the entire world in a hurry and are stopping by the commons with a quick shoutout for SoW. Unless I'm having a bad day, I am usually willing to buff people if I'm not busy as long as they aren't out of my way.

My only issue with buffing people is when they are inconsiderate or rude, and especially those that get abusive when I don't buff them upon request/demand.
  2. Phantom Ghost Augur

Open trade window so I can target you... thanks.
    Risiko likes this.
  3. Abelwood New Member

Stupid names won't receive a buff.

Ifistyou the monk....I'm looking at you buddy.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

Then there's the random Necros that hit you with DMF for no particular reason, just so they can be like....

[IMG]
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

/rtar ?
  6. Montag Augur

18 years of playing buff classes this has literally not once happened to me.
  7. Karhar Dream Crusher

Or the ones that ask the cleric for druid buffs and when you say no they call you a jerk :(
  8. Phantom Ghost Augur

I don't go out of my way. Open trade window, press trade and we can talk.
  9. Risiko Augur

When I played my druid on Phinigel, this was what I had in my porting OOC message.

It was really simple and very effective.

I always had a hotkey macro that would say "Thank you %t for your donation." and then I would buff and/or port them.

Its amazing how people figure out how things work when they see person after person run up to you and get ported after I say thanks for the donation to them. The one not offering a donation figures it out after seeing a couple people get their port before them ;)

It was very rare that I would have someone not figure it out, but they existed. I would have the occasional jerk that would jump repeatedly in front of me or hit hail on me over and over. That was when I would just get up, move over, and sit back down. lol
  10. Basak Augur

I get these rude requests from my multitude of alts that can buff, but also to my druid and wizard for teleports. Even to the point of being called rude things for not teleporting some guy from GFay to Commons on my level seven druid.