Cannot Reproduce RoS Strikethrough Damage

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Wuvarien, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Wuvarien Lorekeeper

2. Micker Augur

Thanks for making this thread. I started the original one. Almost all hits against me say Strkethrough or Strikethrough riposte. Something isn't right there.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Cadman Elder

Seeing the same thing in current content, literally every single riposte made is returned with a strikethrough riposte.

Duder and minimind like this.
  4. Micker Augur

How did this go unnoticed for so long? I just came back to the game and noticed this very quickly. Either it's a major bug or the Riposte Strikethrough message is bugged and showing for normal hits. It just seems like the mobs are hitting way too much, for just the message to be wrong.
  5. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Most likely it didn’t happen ros era, it happened on the riposte strikethru patch a few weeks ago.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

NPC and PC strikethrough has been too high since HoT expac. It really started with Underfoot.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Mobs have been dreaming of this kind of power for millennia. Who will advocate for them to keep it?
    minimind likes this.
  8. Micker Augur

When is said for so long, I meant even a week lol. It's obviously bugged as heck right now.
  9. artery New Member

I can also confirm this is happening, and I hope to see an acknowledgement.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This is not what you think it is, and it isn't bugged.

Both Strikethrough and Heroic Strikethrough generate the strikethrough message, and most everyone on live servers has 100% chance to block/parry/riposte due to heroics, so literally the only way they CAN hit you is with a strikethrough.
    Svann2 and Tropi like this.
  11. Micker Augur

So they are getting round after round of quad riposte strikethroughs lol? 100% chance ? So your saying at this point all heroics do nothing for defense, because they are already blocking 100% of attacks? Come on man. If that’s true, that’s ridiculous. .
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Wulfhere Augur

13. Wulfhere Augur

Yes and yes.

Heroics are just a secondary bonus chance that is reduced by Heroic Strikethrough. I believe it's base Strikethrough that is doing the lion's share of damage here.

If an NPC has the accuracy to hit you then they will hit you for damage because of base strikethrough.

In terms of defensive checks, you can only, slightly boost your miss chances nowadays.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You misunderstood what I said.

1. Hdex gives 1% riposte chance per 25 points.
    2. My Shadowknight has over 2500 Hdex.
    3. 2500/25 = 100. 100% chance to riposte.
    4. Just from HDex alone, my SK will riposte 100% of the time. This isn't even counting normal riposte chance from skills, or anything added from spells or AA.
    5. To counter this, NPCs have a stat called Heroic Strikethrough, which reduces that portion of the calculation. If that results in a hit, the damage gets a (Strikethrough) message.
    6. NPCs also have regular strikethrough, which is rolled after everything (and results in Heroic bonuses getting double penalized, but that's another argument). If that results in a hit, the damage gets a (Strikethrough) message.
    The point is, in modern era, all tanks (and most other characters) have a raw 100% in at least 1 defensive skill. By definition, the ONLY way an NPC can hit you is to roll either a Heroic or Regular Strikethrough.
    It isn't that NPC strikethrough is too high (well, maybe, but not in the way you think), it's that player defenses are so high, ONLY a strikethrough will cause damage.
  16. Micker Augur

It should give you a 100% increased chance to riposte, which would mean double the chance of your normal riposte, not 100% chance, big difference. If it is actually 100% chance, then they REALLY need to rework the combat system, because that is just LOL ridiculous, a 100% skill to not get hit, then you need to give the mobs a special skill to hit you?? Come on that's crazy. Wouldn't that just be strikethrough from the mob, not riposte strikethrough? I'm seeing quad rounds of riposte strikethrough, which would mean their strikethrough ability is incredibly high. Something needs to get fixed in this scenario. Either it's a bug and something is wrong, or they REALLY need to change the melee system, because that is broken as can be. 2500 hdex isn't even close to maxing out the Hdex stat either, so again BROKEN. I'd like a real DEV to explain this, and if it's a bug or what is going on.
    Fenthen and minimind like this.
  17. Micker Augur

Any mob, I think any zone right now.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

Then why did he say "certain mobs" in his bug report? Thats a weird thing to say if its really all mobs. If people want to write a bug report they need to be clear what they are saying or else youre never going to get a dev to look at it. Honestly. Thats really how it works.
  19. Sup Rog Elder

Because other people had commented after, that it was happenings in other zones with other mobs. How is that weird? Just waiting to hear from a dev, why this is happening.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

Most sources quote this value as 0.1% per 25 heroic. Some say 0.1% per 1 heroic. We know the stats are saturated with the recent patch soft capping past uhm 4000 was it (?). Which is right?