ROS Raid Bow (Ranger)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Raynrace Augur

We are beyond the middle of March and have beaten the expansion. We have not seen a single ranger raid bow drop in a chest with weekly clears... is this intentional or just really bad luck?

Any other raid guilds out there seen a ranger bow drop yet?

Yeah I can already hear the captain obvious people out there... buy it with currency. Not the point.
  2. Monkman Augur

It drops, we’ve scored. 2 or 3. Also beaten the expansion but yet to see a single bst/monk h2h or 1hb
  3. Raynrace Augur

Almost seems like just bad luck of the dice on both ends... oh well.
  4. Zaviere Augur

Looking at our drop history, we've seen the Ranger bow drop five times, with the most recent two having dropped from one chest. Sounds like a case of bad RNG to me.

Get it? "RNG"? I made a totally unintentional funny!
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Both?
    I mean, i take this as a question whether the bow is in the loot table or not - when someone had it drop off some chest that would answer your question while if noone saw it yet you might (still falsely) conclude it's not in the loot table, right?
    I would expect it to be in the loot table but with a relatively small chance, shared by other possible items. The way things are rolled has recently been explained (on the example of a group mob), i would expect similar to be true for the raid chests.
  6. Raynrace Augur

Zaviere .... I see what you did there! hehe

And thanks negative nancy Zhaunil... it was meant as intentionally rare... way to see the worst in things, gotta love Forumquest....
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

It looks like we've only had 1 drop so far. As a class specific item, I would expect it to be rarer then other items. I think we've had the same luck with the War only weap, just 1 so far.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

War weapon seems rare. I'm fine with that. I remember during cotf we got to the point /general wouldn't have anyone who could use a warrior weapon.
  9. Maedhros High King

There is a bow? All we keep getting is this dreadful shield that noone wants!
    Elyssanda and Elricvonclief like this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

We still haven’t seen a knight 1h either. Assuming it’s rarer than past expansions but could be rng too. Honestly if class weapon drop rates were a little lower wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing. Usually the first to rot eh? Without crush or sellback is meh.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Holy crap that some bad luck. RA has had 7 Swordman's Honor drop.

Am I correct in recalling something about class specific items (including MNK/BST and PAL/SHK) have a lower drop rate % than other items in a raid chest? I feel like that's a thing and a good cause of this wild RNG we're seeing posted here.

Edit: What Sokki said^
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Well we go slower than the average guild so I bet we have half as many clears as y’all do, but still. Was literally thinking about currency buying it, which is bleh heh.

As for class drops I recall in EoK there were a few they made intentionally rare (like the pet ear). Wonder if RoS is similar?
  13. Zarzac Augur

We've had
    1 ranger Bow
    0 war weapons
    3 mnk/bst 1 hand
    3 Knight swords - But we've been split raiding T1
    Sindaiann likes this.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's funny just last night we had our first Ranger Bow drop after 4 clears of Vault 2.0 so far and I passed on it. Another Ranger that is just the definition of asset has hardly put in for loot and our other Power Ranger bought with coins so I let him have it. I hope that causes some good karma haha :)
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Damn yo, why didn’t you holler at me that there were two rotting sk weapons? :(

#OneSKRostersRule!

As much as it feels wrong to use currency on a class weapon, the option is really nice to have when Allah does his thing and makes the rng extra unkind.

Maybe we can get Ngreth to chime in on drop rates like he did in EoK.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The Class specific weapons are rarer. I.E. they have a lower drop rate. From these comments, they do seem to drop!

I do balance the drop percent on the average number of players per class at level 105 (this was before 110 actually happened) and then if the number is WAY low (I think one of them came to 1%...) I raise it to a minimum of 5%. (taking the percentage points from other items on the list with a high chance)

This is for raid chests.

The Group chests in missions have such a huge pool of gear that some items are as low as 4%.But that's only because of the large number of possible items.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sheex like this.
  17. Kolani Augur

Valhallah on FV just got their first ones either last week or the week before.
  18. Warpeace Augur

last week 2 dropped.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

I don't have my war sword yet, but I'd honestly rather them be more rare than giving them away.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Whats the drop rate on Prickle for OT raid? Had our first one drop this week, seems a bit rare after doing the event for 3 months, though we did have a few weeks without it in Dec/Jan.