ROS Raid Bow (Ranger)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Greymantle Augur

Hardly a waste in my opinion. If like myself, your guild is not at the end game raids, it is a viable upgrade. Same with a good chunk of the other gear. Have made 3 items for my ranger so far. Not lost any of the raid diamonds on the various combines.(Knocks on wood) :0 .And as well, in our guild the diamonds go relativily cheap dkp.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

What's wrong with a swarm of gnats around the weapons of... well.. a swarm of gnats? :)
    There's far too many rangers out there, that's probably why the droprate is perceived so low?
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

4. Lianeb Augur

Except in TSS you couldnt buy them or make something close to it. But otherwise i guess you're right.

The weapons are at the mercy of rng. Honestly i like that they are rare like they are. When there is a single class item or a couple class item if they are on the chest with normal loot you end up with to many. I remember the cotf warrior sword could hardly be given away in general chat.

The formula for these items could be raised a little but it is not terrible.
    And i say this with 2 and a half months of Hoskar without a single War sword.
    Sheex likes this.
  5. Monkman Augur

@jhenna_bb Have one person buy it with coin, they’ll start dropping like hotcakes
  6. DaciksBB Augur

I bought my staff and surprisingly, we still haven't seen any drop
  7. Monkman Augur

Yeah the RNG for some is skewed big time, we’ve had I think 7 staff drops from t2-3 so far
  8. Lianeb Augur

This is what Machin Shin Has seen since RoS release.

0 War Swords
    3 Pet Earrings
    3 Monk / Beast 1Hander
    7 Monk / Beast 2hander
    6 Paly / SK 1Hander
    5 Paly / SK 2hander
    8 Ranger Bows
    4 Rogue Pokers
    5 Priest 2Hander
    4 Priest 1Hander
    9 Good Shields
    8 Caster / Priest Shields
    10 Worthless Shields
    12 Caster 1Hander
    13 Caster 2Hander
    11 Bridle of the Flying Imprisoned Sokokar (For Comparison)
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

We've already established MS is the outlier. Thanks!
    Thraine likes this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

On rare items every guild runs into some rng fun. (except the very few that get lucky and get "average" rates)

That's random. And that's why they give us coins.
    Brohg likes this.
  11. Lianeb Augur

An outlier we are not, or did you miss the 0 warrior weapons in 11 kills while still getting 5 pally 2 hander, 3 monk/beast 1 hander, and 8 caster shields. Looking at our data i should be complaining that the warrior sword doesnt drop in game or is to low a drop rate.

This is the beauty of rng, we have bows and monk 2 handers for days but no warrior weapons.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

We call this the “lightest” timeline.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I get what you're saying, but the Warrior Sword is one weapon. Every other guild would give their right *insert body part* for your over all rng - that's why I labeled you guys the outlier. This isn't all about the Ranger Bow because of the thread title or the fact that I'm a Ranger. Monks and Rogues have been hit just as harsh - Pet classes too. Their Ear is stupid rare. Rng is rng and all but there's something very wrong with the loot tables this years. Let's focus on that Bow a second: it shares it's loot slot with a shield that usable by most classes. Placing a class specific item to compete with a drop that has so many classes on obliterates it's drop rate going by how @Ngreth has stated the chances are set above in this thread.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Not sure exactly what we have. But war weapons have been rare, and the tank bow we had never seen before but dropped twice in the same chest this week.
  15. Lianeb Augur

I wanted to bump this.

Machin Shin got our first Warrior Weapon tonight.
  16. Brohg Augur

congrats!