Reverse Charming Video Guide For Any Level, No AAs Reqd

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Vizier, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vizier Augur

I think the only strictly necessary AAs are the mem blur AAs. The rest, even the charm AAs are just nice to have, not mandatory. The technique works at any level that you have access to all of those spells. Whether or not this would be the best way for you to solo exp is a different quest. If you are a lower level enchanter just tell me where you are at and I can tell you what zone to go to. You are probably going to want to abuse the hotzones in any case.
  2. Axxius Augur

Therefore the minimal level to try this is lv 65, not "any". And Enhanced Forgetfulness is required, as opposed to "No AA Reqd". A correct title for this would be "... for lv 65+ with almost no AA". Sorry for nitpicking. :)
    Dandin likes this.
  3. shiftie Augur

You can do it as early as 50ish and probably earlier that is how I soloed all the OMM monster group missions.

You just need to mez when the pet gets low and hope for a bluer, or use blanket or single target blur. Though that technique isn't mana free and admittedly I didn't watch the video but the general strat works.
  4. Vizier Augur

You can nit pick all you like. Ive reverse charmed since lvl 16 in...North Ro i think it was called back then. It had the gators and lockjaw and the spectres and the hill giants. I started with the gators then moved to the orcs. I recall "a orc warrior" making the best pet killer of them all. He was much tougher than "an orc warrior". Good times.

The strat works at any level you have access to charm and root. In modern EQ its probably not practical until lvl 50ish as you said.
  5. Vizier Augur

6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I'm not familiar with this tactic for Enchanters. For once, maybe I can learn something from you, Dandin?

Oh, wait, I forgot I already learned everything from you since you're the one who invented soloing, and mezzing while nuking, and logging in, and logging out...

I made my video when a few enchanters here refused to take my word that it worked and worked ceaselessly to convince others that it absolutely did not work. I made the video to fight misinformation when there was no other way to do so.

I regret it, and I apologize again for my part in getting us nerfed.
  7. Dandin Augur

8. Silv Augur

Okay... this whole notion that posting videos leads to nerfs is ridiculous. Since Lv. 60+, Enchanters were never supposed to be able to permastun mobs. That "nerf" has been in place for 12 years; that is why our stuns were timer-linked. Even using the method posted in the infamous video- it wasn't nearly as efficient as many other methods of charm soloing. If you want a short recap of things that were actually nerfed (or in the works) without videos then let's talk about mage beams, necro DB, HS/Assassin/Decap, pet tanking, and... yeah. Videos have little to do with anything. If you post, video or not, it's subject to evaluation and nerfing.

Dandin, you love to say people are putting words in your mouth; seems kindof like a recurring trend, a pattern if you will. Now, how could so many people say or imply such things unless there was some truth to it? You "named" a method that is rather common knowledge, as if you discovered it. You also constantly find issues with every other Enchanters' post/tactics. You're argumentative. While I honestly believe you're a simple troll, if you genuinely are trying to "help" as you claim, maybe you should re-evaluate your method of communication so you seem a tad more approachable and like a reliable source. "You're doing it wrong" it probably the most ignorant thing to say.

All of these posts almost make me want to join the serverwide channel. :rolleyes:
  9. Dandin Augur

10. Silv Augur

I would really appreciate it if you actually employed some reading comprehension when quoting me with your counter-argument.

You are clearly out of the loop on many of the topics I mentioned above as they have been stagnated or there are changes are IN THE WORKS as I said. Please check out the test patch notes and multiple dev posts from the past two months.

Stun locking was possible since the original nerf; I never said it wasn't. What I said was that it wasn't supposed to be an intended feature, evidenced by the MULTIPLE changes to prevent it.

Now, for the post you decided to dig up to try and prove some point I guess:

This is completely obnoxious for starters. This is the type of comment I'm talking about in regards to being non-constructive and argumentative. Now, if anyone remembers the actual context of the post, it was about spell lineups and spell sets. I explained very clearly that I generally use the spell book to mem heavily used spells. I have my own personal system which allows me to quickly swap in spells faster than going through drop down menus. Given you have never done this or have any clue on my ability to do so, you have no basis for saying this as being inefficient or wrong. Oh, I named this method after myself as well, Silv's Spellbook Setup (SSS method). :rolleyes:

For my actual lineup- why would you ever NOT use Perilous Disorientation? I'm confused... did you mean what would I do if I'm <10% mana? That doesn't happen so I guess I'm at a loss here.

I've been using stare more often than wave lately but there are multiple reasons for using wave over stare- mostly for some raid encounters. Try using Stare in many of the DH heroic adventures- if you're able to get a target ring in them all then congrats, you're playing a different version of EQ yourself. Perhaps it has been fixed since release.

For Charm/PBAE Stun/Etc in slot 6 - I made it clear this was determined by the situation. Plenty of content does not accomodate charm. You extrapolate what would be in the slot then.

If I'm doing pure DPS on a raid it's either Cleave, PA, utility nuke or Cleave, PA, and Scythe. I make top DPS parses with either setup. So, it depends on what my intent is for the situation. Hard hitting bosses benefit from Percussion, my caster group benefits from Appropriation on very long fights.

My regular tank is a tank merc. I'll often break my mez with a DoT so that it will continue to break if I have a crowd. If it's a raid, then Confounding Constriction will almost always be loaded due to the debuff. Please stop perpetuating this idea that there is no reason to use DoTs.

I've always used the aura setup I mentioned so I'm not sure why you're thanking me for "realizing" them now.

Most of the auras are garbage. Mana regen aura is not going to do anything for my 97k mana pool. I'll use 2nd spire, mod rod, Manadraw, robe, etc. if I'm ever in that situation. I rarely die unless it's a total wipe so this is a non-issue. Rune aura is not going to help my tank with 20k quadding mobs. I've seen no benefit to charm aura given most of mine already last full duration. That's stealing away ADPS from the rest of the group for no reason. If you think TC aura is outdated you clearly don't have a solid understanding of full burns for other casters. ITC has a duration and counters... You run Amp and then switch back in TC. This requires actual civil conversation with the people in your group though.

Most of your other comments are baseless or just don't make any sense given what I posted and your response.

Given the short sample of log Viz posted, I don't think I would ever want to be in the serverwide channel with you around. I also seriously hope you restoring "The Runes" is some sick joke.
  11. Dandin Augur

12. Silv Augur

I'm not going to continue going back and forth with you. You will try and discount anything I post and ignore key points. However, I'm certainly not going to let you attack the use of tank mercs or raid strategies because you seem clueless in these areas.

Tank mercs function just fine in current content and always have, and that is using a cleric merc as primary healer. It's really getting old how some people want to bash their use. Sure, they could benefit from a boost in defense, but it's completely unnecessary. Perhaps you just need to learn how to appropriately play with one in group.

As for raid burns, again, I said the use of Amp and Reverb while ITC is running, then switching Amp for TC is the superior choice. Someone actually has parsed the use of these different aura combinations. So in this case, you're wrong. I've personally worked with caster DPS to optimize our raid burns, including the ideal aura setup.

To answer your question about "long fights"- that would be 10 - 20 minutes without fast regeneration, possibly longer.

As for using Wave- try some more events. When you have multiple knights / warriors punting and lurching individuals in a group of mobs on inc, Stare is not reliable enough since it is free target.

I also never claimed that I don't die. I claimed that being less than 10% mana is never an issue. Again, I named all of the abilities that will pretty much instantly get you over 50% immediately after a res. If you're advocating the use of our old PBAE mez over Perilous Disorientation PBAE, I seriously question your worth as an Enchanter.

For your final line, I see no point to many of the comments you make either and yet they just continue coming.
  13. Dandin Augur

14. Silv Augur

Again, if you can't do current (not sure how you think HoT is current :rolleyes:) content with a tank merc, even when using a merc healer, you're doing it wrong. Tank mercs don't rush into camps of mobs unless you have no clue how to operate the different stances and group roles. So again, any COTF HA or named, anything in ROF, aside from a few missions with complex mechanics, can be done with a tank merc with relative ease. I've done EW1, Kael, Grelleth's, Xorbb 1 - 3, CC, and many other group missions with a tank and healer merc. I've also done all of the COTF missions with the same setup. There were no mass deaths either. Wow. I'll take some of that cake now.

I guess my tank merc is "special" in a good way compared to yours. I'm sorry that you are limited in your ability to group with mercs.

I'll also note that you've now went from the stance of me using Perilous Disorientation in my spell lineup as "very limiting" to very acceptable, noting the old PBAE still has some use... (which I will disagree with but whatever).
  15. Silv Augur

I've already begun my parses of TC aura or Amp aura +/- Mana Reverb. I'll be running more fights over the next day or so to get a scientifically statistical sample to determine if there is a significant difference (p<0.05). However, so far, comparing TC versus Amp alone, TC wins. When comparing TC with MR to Amp with MR, guess what... TC still wins, by a considerable margin. Therefore, if you used the burn strategy on a raid which I've already outlined, it would suggest switching out TC for Amp while ITC is running, then switching back to TC aura, to provide the best DPS. During normal combat, TC and MR would be superior. Like I said, someone has parsed the auras before and found similar results - I believe the thread was early summer or something but I really can't recall ATM.

I'm sure you'll (Dandin) rush in here and discount everything since I don't have the numbers up yet. That's okay though, soon enough. It's a shame that I have to go fact checking like I'm watching a bad news network.

Edit: for general information, I'm parsing a weave of Mindcleave, PA, and Mindscythe, the "ideal" DPS lineup.
    silku likes this.
  16. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

There's very few things I can't do with merc tank and merc healer with no real healer because I always have an enchanter in the group, me.

We don't need your parses to know you're right about the auras, Silv. This was already hashed out in this forum long ago.
    Silv likes this.
  17. Vizier Augur

Is there no rule against someone editing another's quotes?? Every freaking time Dan quotes me he cuts out portions of what I wrote. This practice is bannable on most forums I am a part of. Just when you think he couldnt possibly be more obnoxious, he finds a way...
    Enkel and silku like this.
  18. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Moderators don't police the forums, especially this forum, that carefully. If you have a problem, I suppose you could report it, but why not just point out the discrepancies and misrepresentations in a follow-up post?
  19. drkoli Augur

As far as the tank merc and healer merc together goes..

I box
    100 zerker
    100 sham
    100 necro
    96 mage

And I use a 100 hadal templar(tank merc) and 100 belikos (healer merc)

The tank is set on aggressive the healer is reactive

I set necro as puller and pull 1 or two mobs at a time the only slow I use is the fatigue line on tank and the only heals the tank merc gets is from the cleric merc

The merc survives every time while I DPS with all my toons shaman included.

Is this optimal probably not but 45 seconds on average to kill each mob is acceptable for me

As far as current content I farm dead hills heroic adventure scouting ahead and disrupting the ritual.

I don't choose to box and use mercs for exclusive loot rights. I do it because I tend to take random afks.

So depending on your play style merc tank and healer can work very well together

(Sorry to derail this post but I am a big merc supporter they have lots IG uses)
  20. drkoli Augur

^^lots of uses*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.