Reverse Charming Video Guide For Any Level, No AAs Reqd

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Vizier, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vizier Augur

Merry Christmas! Since I am feeling festive and thankful for my many blessings, I thought it would be nice to open up my vault and share some of my EQ secrets with my fellow Enchanters out there.

This is a guide for Enchanters to show how we can gain amazing experience at any level, without any gear or AA's required. If you have less AAs than I do or no AAs at all, do not worry. No previous charm soloing experience is required. Just to recap:

Gear, AA, Level Requirements - None!

That's right. This guide will work for any Enchanter, at any level, with any gear and no AAs. Best of all, IT IS COMPLETELY SAFE! You have no excuse not to be using this technique.

How good is this technique? Well I'm glad you asked. Using this technique at 5500+ AAs I can easily get 28-30 AAs per Lesson burn. During the Double Exp weekend I capped out at 52 AAs in a burn, and I could have stretched it to 56 I think. If you have less AAs you can expect to get 3-6AAs per kill or more. I do not claim that this is the fastest way to gain exp, I have reached exp gain rates as high as this or higher in certain zones at certain levels using other techniques. The key here is that this is a UNIVERSAL TECHNIQUE that can be use at level, and it is completely independent of gear, AAs, or skill level.

Hope you all enjoy. Please post any thoughts you have. Good luck!
    Metacomet and Enkel like this.
  2. Dandin Augur

Video is unavailable.

Cannot view. Although I'm wincing already
  3. Vizier Augur

It was processing. Should be viewable now. It's takes youtube a couple hours to get the HD usable, so just be patient.
  4. Dandin Augur

So I watched the video. This is in fact reverse charming. But I very much dislike your method.

1. The Tash stick is the worst idea ever for charming ever. You are advocating for safety, and how you don't get hit. But what your failing to mention is the fact that you have max charm AAs. So for you, utilizing a lesser version of Tash, may be a good idea (it's not, ever.) but for someone with less AA, the reduction in magic resist is important.

I'm just going to touch on this lightly. Because I can't actually fanthom the fact that your using this at all, let alone encouraging people to do it.

Your charms are based off the magic resist modifier. Therefore. Reducing magic resist makes charm less likely to break. You are using a lesser version of Tash here, that has a longer cast time, and basically opening the door wide open for a charm break. ... Why?

Spell Tash costs 110 mana. And it's 1 second cast. And it's Magics Resist redection is nearly double the Tash stick. And spell Tash has a chromatic damage modifier, making your nukes hit harder.

So I'll ask you again. Why?

You claimed at the start of this video that you need 0 AA, No gear, and no buffs. Well that's lovely. I had no issue with that, had you explained how to do so like that, but your entire video you made AA recommendations and gear recommendations and reccomend actions based on spell sets of a specific level?

Umm no.

Not to mention, that your teqnique in itself is flawed.

Why would you sit there and spam sit, when you could be setting up additional "buzz saws"
    You literally have the most basic part of this down, but you could do SO MUCH more if you just advanced the tactic a few steps more.

At best, I call this "reverse charming with similar results and style of stun charming"
    Because think about it. I could set up the same thing.

Charm a pet, give it Wonderous rapidity (about the only thing you got right)
    Pull another mob in, pet attack. And spam stun on the kill target. Same results. Think the DPS would be different? Twist a nuke in in between stun as, it's not:

Real reverse charming involves 4 or more "buzz saws" as you called them. Root them all in a cluster, and feed charm pets into the group of buzz saws. Same principle. Just 4x the speed.

Your spell bar makes my eyes bleed.

Reverse charming set up should have these.
    Tash
    Charm
    Root
    Mind Scythe
    MindCleave
    Polychrome assault
    Unity Rune
    Stare mezz
    Chaotic mezz
    PBAOE mezz
    Blanket of Forgetfullness
    MR aura

Assuming your 100 of course. But again. If anyone posts here, I'll kindly give them a line up appropriate for their level.

Method.

Stand back a bit. Tash a mob, as it runs at you. Root it. Charm it. Wonderous rapidity it (not nessacary but nice) Pet toy it. (Not nessacary, but nice)
    Cast perfected invisibility or boots of the mosquito.
    Tash second mob. Pull it as close as you can to mob 1. Repeat steps above
    Tash third mob. Pull it close to other 2. Repeat steps above

Pull "pet" with spell Tash. Sick pet at. Multiple buzz saws. Reapply roots to them as fight goes on. You should NEVER stop casting. Spam sit if your a button masher. At >10% Invis.

Here's where there is 2 different options!

Root 10% HP mob. Use him as additional buzz saw
    Mezz with chaotic, and nuke him. Go get next mob.

Best part of this tactic?

Running out of mobs? Kill your buzzsaw!

When I saw your XP return. I knew something was wrong.

Also.

AAs that are not nessacary, but help
    1. Clinging root
    2. Total Domination
    3. Enhanced Forgetfulness
    4. Beguilers Banishment
    5. Beguilers Directed Banishment...
    6. Fog of memories
    7. Blanket of Forgetfulness
    8. Group perfected Invisibility
    9. Veil of Mindshadow
    10. Eldrich rune.

Also. You can take this 2 steps further with Beguilers Banishment.

Forget the root.

Use Beguilers banishment and do it that way

Thanks for posting this... Basic idea on how the real tactic works.

But.. You showed some bad habits and made dangerous assumptions
  5. Tiqou Elder

Thanks for making and posting this video Vizier. Now, we all wait for Dandin's one impatiently.
  6. Dandin Augur

Whew. That's a lot of anger there.

I'm going to disregard your petty insults in the hopes of providing insightful conversation here.

1. You claim the Tash stick helps land charm sooner. Sure. I can agree with that. As the item doesn't trigger spell cooldown, however. If having them reach you is an issue. Why don't you try this.

A) punt the charm target
    B) Tash then use the blur belt
    C) get to max casting range
    D) absorb it in your runes like a man.

"Reverse Charming", as you call this is dependant on charm breaks. So having a lower resist on your charm pet is going to mean less charm breaks, which means it's safer, and not to mention faster.

The cast time on that Tash stick makes me sick, actually. When I heard you reccomend it, I had to pause the video. Stare blankly in to space for a moment, trying to think of where and why you would possibly ever get this idea. Ever.

Sure you buy yourself a global refresh time. But I counter you with Tash, then Edict of Command. Same principle for those oops I face pulled moments..

Your video is a good baseline. But by no means is it the "Best XP possible for a solo Enchanter"

Thea strategy I referred to in my past post is the actual "Reverse Charming", this video above is a good training exercise for the actual technique. As it is basically the same idea, however my technique requires a bit of skill, and has a higher degree of risk.

So to the readers of this thread / viewers of this video.

This tactic is a good baseline to learn the real reverse charm. I just wanted to point out that this is by no means the best XP we can get, and some of the habits and tactics the OP describes, are not recommended, and this is "Training wheels mode"

To the OP. I would make a video, gladly. However. The Qest incident taught me better. And considering how upset you where over my text response. I don't want to be the cause of a broken keyboard because of a video response...
  7. Linora New Member

Would you mind telling me what UI you are using Vizier? Some nifty looking stuff in it. Also thanks for the video - I haven't watched the whole thing yet but I'm sure there will be some good tips for my trainee enchanter ;)

I can see both sides of this little argument, Vizier is posting a method that obviously works for him and Dandin thinks it is sub-optimal and is pointing out some improvements (although maybe a little more forcefully than was necessary). I do think it is a little unfair of Dandin to be saying it isn't the "best XP possible" when Viz really didn't say that, he just said this works for him.

I'd love to know what the Qest incident was though! It is a shame that anything has put you off making videos, I only came back to the game a few months ago and there is a real dearth of up to date tutorials on some of the more advanced techniques - lots of text-based stuff on old class forums but in the Youtube age we have moved on from that somewhat.
  8. Sinestra Augur

The Qest incident I believe was when one of the known Enchanters on the boards posted a video of a technique available to enchanters that had been used and known of for a long time and it got nerfed. The devs of course denied it was the video, as they always do, but we all know what really happened.
    Lily, silku and Dandin like this.
  9. Vizier Augur

Whoever was asking about my UI its a compilation of a few things but mostly its Evo UI.
  10. Crystilla Augur

Vizier, not sure if Dandin was referring to your statements inside the video (you did mention best exp in non-abusive situations, etc.).
  11. Haegar Augur

Dandin was never exactly known for his politeness ;)

But he is right, vids like this can lead to nerfs real quick and i am not even happy about your little promo clip.

Now this swarm kiting bard video is indeed kiting, and i think its a terrible waste of time, because he needs to run all the time. It´s much more convenient for chanters, to just push/pull/root the guys to where they are suposed to be. And since you are not kiting - it´s reverse charming after all.

I assume both methods are good, Vizier has the more secure one and Dandin does it with more effort but also a bit more gain.
  12. Vizier Augur

Just to take away this imaginary risk here is a video about enchanter swarm tactic:

SO now whats your excuse? Put up or shut up.
  13. Gladare Augur

Enchanters are crazy for reals yo.
    RPoo, Silv and silku like this.
  14. Dandin Augur

I refuse to make the same mistake Qest did. No matter how much you insult me here, or in Serverwide ENC. Im not going to post a video unless I am garenteed No change will come of this.

I refuse to have the loss of charm soloing as a tactic being on my head. I wont do it.

I pointed out the flaws in your video, So what, you asked for constructive criticism. I gave it to you, Now your all angst and raging. Look

Case and point. your tactic is valid. yes. But your doing it wrong
    There are more advanced versions of this, which I happily explained

But i will not be Qest. I will not be the reason Enchanters lose a solo tactic
  15. Tiqou Elder

Isn't there a fix long time ago to get credit for a kill only if doing more damage than 50% of the mob's total hp? Looks like it's broken or something...
  16. silku Augur

I'll do some videos soon of 4 vs 1 and some parses on how many kills you get done. I imagine that the extra effort and time wasted setting up and recharming etc, is going to slow you down and cause you to lose more to the extra buzz saws. (Maybe it's my latency or my reflexes, but four seems to me would cause you to accidently lose a couple more mobs in the same time frame to bad invis breaks etc.)
  17. Axxius Augur

I love the part at 4:44 where you say that the local beam kiter is letting you do your thing while he's taking a break. Such a generous gesture on his part, letting somebody else play in the zone! Are you thankful? :D
  18. Marton Augur

Noticed this as well :D.

Thanks for posting your video, Vizier.
  19. Haegar Augur

Pretty sure that was always for PP damage. Like when 2 groups beat the same thing.

Also we had a fix, that to gain EXP from charming you had to do at least one point of dmg. Which you usually do in reverse charming.
  20. Axxius Augur

To be fair, the title of this thread is a little misleading. This will definitely not work at ANY level, not to mention with NO AA. Don't try this with low level root/tash spells and without charm and blur AAs.
    Dandin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.