Revamp POK, its time...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demoria7, Apr 30, 2013.

1. demoria7 Elder

POK is the main hub for the world. Tradeskills, banking, library, bazaar and guilds are there, this should be a great city with tradeskill merchants laid out in one section, like a tradeskill hub... easy and useful to get around. At the moment its a mess... for example: you have smithing in many, many buildings and pieces spread out all over the place on different merchants. I love the idea of updating it with merchants that previously were only found in other zones but the city needs to be redesigned. At least in Crescent Reach you have most of the tradeskill merchants grouped together. (ok, so why the vegetable merchant is on the 1st fl and the cooking is on the 2nd still makes me scratch my head but it's still better than running around POK). Maybe a god or two should have a fight there, destroy the city and all races come together briefly to rebuilt it.

Have a city design contest, let the players design the perfect city hub for the world. Maybe rename it. . i don't know for sure exactly what should happen, but the current lay out is a pain to navigate. LOVE that buffs don't count down there... btw. Please don't change that :). The library is great and easy to get around in, the guild masters around the outer ring are fine. A wheel like hub area with all the tradeskill merchants and equipment would be desired, however it does not currently exist. Also it's a city, but everyone is still running over the grass, where are the roads? Why are there just a few sidwalks along the buildings... ah wait it was the place for the library, It was never a real city.. .But we need a major city these days. with Statues of hero's, the hall for the gods with their statues ( and a good place for more quest guys to offer special quest in service to the gods) , and where the historians would live and the teachers I see standing all over POK's good side, or maybe a hall of knowledge would be a better place for them? How about a hall of Travel? A hall of Adventurers or a school for Adventurers. for all the gear quest guys - (and please update the rewards for those quest from level 5 to 85) and a hall of Mercenaries instead of spreading them all over the zone. An apothecary for the potion merchants. General merchants are ok spread out here and there. And no entry to the housing area from the main city is weird. hmm.. a general barn for mounts? A zoo? I just think that the main city of the world should be grand, connect to just about everywhere, and be easy to navigate.

Just and idea......
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They just did add a bunch of Tradeskill merchants selling items that used to only be obtainable elsewhere.
  3. sojuu Augur

I like the layout as is, why waste resources on this?
  4. Zaph Augur

Look how well some other "redesigns" worked, Freeport & Nektulos2 anyone?
    Bronut likes this.
  5. Wuttever Augur

Ya, redesign doesn't always end well. And besides, them people got their leases cheap back in the day for their stalls, and don't want to have to move to new digs where the landlords are gonna gouge 'em. Cities are messes, in my opinion, so why not ours.

However, if it got rid of the grasping leaves...
  6. Hatsee Augur

The only thing that should change is it could use some expansion but it has to stay within the theme of the zone. They can't change anything but adding a little bit of space.
  7. Shang Augur

Add portals for zones past TSS and I'd be happy calling it a revamp.
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Rylaar2000 Elder

PoK is fine. They have already said that if they spend time re-vamping old zones it takes away from developing new content, and that's not a good thing.
    Starla likes this.
  9. silku Augur

Why not add a new 'portal' guy in our guild hall that allows us to port anywhere pok does. A PoK vendor so to speak. Then add more vendors for our guild halls as well, so we can get all the tradeskill merchants etc in our guild hall. Let us design our own mini plane of knowledge, exactly how we want it.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No thanks, I'd rather we had new zones, quests and raids than revamping a perfectly good zone. They made a hash of other revamps I'd hate to see a hub look like that monstrosity they call Freeport, The even ruined the entrance to Erudin when they revamped Tox Forest, what happened to the nice shiny marble? Its now all dull...........the artwork guys need to go and polish it with a toothbrush!
  11. Rylaar2000 Elder

I don't think the developers and a lot of others want to see this. This would only isolate the population even more. Even though the guild halls and guild lobbies reduced the population hanging around in PoK, they didn't decimate it. What you are suggesting would totally kill it.
  12. Falos Augur

Make bankers killable and everything in pok killable like it originally was.

That's the kind of revamp we really need.
  13. Deveryn Elder

I don't care much for the new NPCs being where they are. Why couldn't they be in their respective buildings around the zone?
  14. Gannen Elder

the redesign in graphics is nice...

the catch is the content wasn't updated as much, like rewards and such, so it was a nice look, but the draw of players is not so much without rewards being there... ...
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It never was.

The only thing that PoK needs is a refresher on where everything and everyone is placed. Put all of the same TS merchants in the same location & beside 2-3 of their TS containers. Don't need 2-3 of the same merchants all over the place.
  16. Axxius Augur

I'm still not over the Freeport revamp. Burning that place to the ground was the highlight of my Epic Ornamentation quest (thank you, Dzarn! :D). At least in PoK you can easily find everything. Don't revamp it.
    Dzarn and Ishtass like this.
  17. CrazyLarth Augur

You do realise that POK is probley the highest numbers of NPC in any zone.
    They have too many special npcs that pop yearly they would have to figure out also. This would be a complete waste of time and then full of bugs afterwards.
  18. Ishtass Augur

That's not even close to true. But I do agree that we shouldn't revamp PoK.
  19. Tegila Augur

i jsut wish the ramps to go up to the library were aobut half as many turns then it'd be fine. the redid the ts merchants by adding the alliance, and left the old ones in place for thoset hat dont want to break old habits.

the portals are fine for hte most part, you can get to sof throug hakanon stone..1zone away, SoD through the herald of druzzil ro, UF is the one thats seriously missing without a clickie or port. HoT just go feerrott to feerrott, VoA akanon stone again hope the airship. so RoF and UF only 2 that arent accessible from a pok stone/portal easily
  20. Dre. Altoholic

I'd love a public/permanent PoK instance with no NPC's at all.

Well - maybe one banker / LDoN magus.