Returning Enchanter feeling disenchanted

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Singalongs, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Canik Augur

This. More than 1 enchanter in a group, no damage taken. Mobs locked down with no recourse.
  2. Silv Augur

Those three "examples" are completely ridiculous as they were said by no one ever:

1. There are specific applications / times to use DoTs but they are generally not considered optimal DPS. Given your keen knowledge of the class, I'm sure you already know all of these applications. I don't think anyone has been claiming that the best Enchanter DPS comes from DoTs.

2. There was a thread a few weeks ago specifically attacking the use of Geomantra and an effort to bring dev attention to the stacking issue between Enchanter spell shield and Geo. If you somehow walked away from that remotely thinking Enchanters should use Geomantra, I'm at a loss. I get on to guildmates on a regular basis for casting Geomantra because they're used to having it in their clicky macros.

3. Again, no one has been saying to use WR over our other haste. I believe Qest made a very specific post about using it in addition to regular to bump up merc haste since they aren't at the cap like players.

You can't make any claim that you can do what I (or any others) can do as good/better with less gear. You have no idea what any of us are capable of doing or how we play. It's good to know you are here to protect the Enchanter youth from the fountain of misinformation though.

[IMG]
    Sinestra and silku like this.
  3. Dandin Augur

First. I'll say that I'm posting from an iPhone. So quoting would be rather rough for me right now.

1. I remember like three months back there was a spell line up discussion. The results of what I learned you and others keep up on a regular basis. I was utterly floored by the results that came back.

A) most of you have 2/3 dots loaded.
    B) most of you use the "Wave line of mezz" that is utterly terrible. Disputable advice.
    C) you guys use the "regular old" single cast mezz. Why? The chaotic line is identical, except it nets higher DPS returns AFTER you mezz.
    D) a lot of you have the flash mezz memmed... Why? Beams are way better, faster and don't chew a spell slot.

Your ideal "best well rounded" set would be
    1. Tash
    2. charm
    3. Cripple
    4. Unity Rune
    5. Polychrome nuke
    6. Mind Scythe
    7. Mind (100 variation? I'm kind of on a drill rig at the moment)
    8. AE Stun
    9. Peril mezz (PbAoE)
    10. Chaotic mezz
    11. Stare mezz
    12. MR/ Floater gem.

This is the most flexible spell set you can get. Train me? I got it. Tank dies? I got it. Pull? I got it. Max DPS? I got it. Stun chain? I got it. Stun lock? I got it.

Is it the only line I use? No. I have 10 variations of this saved, and I could quickly flip to another 15 variations on top of that. But this baseline will give you the best "ready stance you can get"

Maybe I misread Qest in his explanation in the slow haste thread. But the point is. When it comes to Haste. The best haste in the game is ours. Not due to % granted, but due to the additional mods that are granted on the spell. Why do you guys pick one thing to focus on and ignore the other 29?

The point I'm trying to show is flexibility. From the posts I keep seeing, 1 or two of you understand flexibility, the others are stuck in a one way pattern, or consumed with some elitist view that your not a real ENC until your max AA.

Let me say this gently. There are huge gaping holes in the play style methods you are advocating to young Enchanters, Hell. I taught a 51 ENC on Vulak how to reverse charm, all while you guys where telling him to merc level.

Guess what. There are no Mercs on Vulak.

Oh. And by the way. You can say that I have no idea how you play, but I do. What you all post on here and what you recommend tells me way more then you think. A player says what he knows. And lately. All I've seen is wrong information.

If you want. I'll meet you on test. I'll show you I can handle "whatever elite tactic you think I cannot"

But. Based on what I read here? Not nessacary. Your not even on the radar
  4. Vizier Augur

If you want some fun, try maxing out all of our Nuke AAs, then pop all of our nuke discs, hell throw on a Glyph of Destruction too and nuke a named from outside of a full group. See what happens =D
  5. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Chaotic Befuddling Enc level 83 "A mind-weakening spell which leaves the subject confused, and gives the caster a twincast effect for direct damage spells." That's what it says on the spell scroll, and when you right-click on it to see what this newfangled spell does.

The Dandin Mindfire MethodTM: Use Chaotic Mez to twincast nukes for more damage.

Where will we be without his insight? Who else would have created the "Mindfire Method?" How would we have come up with such an ultra-super-cool name for it?

-Someone who never uses the ideal, best, well-rounded spell setTM.
  6. code-zero Augur

So I'm thinking here...2 Enchanters, a Druid and 3 Wizards.

Large number of mobs mezz locked, one target stun locked and being burnt to the ground by all 6 characters. Heals on the very remote chance you'd need it from the Druid and more evac than you can shake a stick at on the even more remote chance you'd need that

That pretty much sum it up?
  7. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

No. Not even close.

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon - that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth.
    Neo: What truth?
    Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
    Neo: There is no spoon?
    Spoon boy: Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
  8. code-zero Augur

too cryptic

I've played a Bard for years and it's been years since I've grouped with an enchanter so I have no frame of reference for what may or may not be

Oh and I hated the Matrix :p
  9. Mizoto Lorekeeper

Hi all,

I sort of missed out on the "chaotic mez" introduction to the game and was hoping someone could explain the benefit. Does it work on all nukes or just instant nukes? Is it more for dps or does it save mana too?

I'm still leveling and am currently a bit mana strapped for the content I'm doing.

Thanks!
  10. Gladare Augur

All dd's are instant damage. The instant restriction limits it to dd's. So it doesn't work on DoT's. It's for dps because it grants a twincast buff for a guaranteed twincast.
  11. Silv Augur

Pretty much everything Gladare said is correct. Just be aware of a few things- 1) Twincast from Chaotic mez does not affect DOTs (as previously stated) BUT Twincast from aura or AA ability *does* affect DOTs, 2) It saves mana IF you have another mob in camp to nuke (and make a concerted effort to use your two Twincast procs).

If you are mostly mezzing multiple mobs, with little to no nuking, you could come out at a disadvantage on mana as the duration of chaotic mez is much shorter than single target, PBAE, or AE/free-range Mez. Another important note is that if you pop the Twincast AA, casting Chaotic Mez will drop/overwrite it and you will lose all of the duration/counters from the AA.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

What Qest meant, is that like the Matrix, EQ is a "construct" where certain rules are coded into the world.
    Enchanters are the only class that do not have to deal with the world as constructed, they can merely bend the rules of the world to suit the situation, and their needs.
    -R