Returning Enchanter feeling disenchanted

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Singalongs, Oct 19, 2013.

1. silku Augur

So Camou, by your philosophy above, if someone picks an enchanter class, never loads a spell, never moves around, simply sits in camp while everyone else kills, and doesn't even know how to make a hotkey, hotbutton, or how to memorize a spell, is completely incompetent.. as long as they don't whine and complain, they are still an enchanter right?

But the one who knows everything about the class, knows how to play, gets out and groups, raids, knows his spells in and out, and actually has an active play style... if he whines and complains.. he's not an enchanter.

Gotcha.
  2. Camou the Persistent Augur

No. Because an enchanter, who never loads a spell, never moves around, simply sits in camp while everyone else kills and does not know how to make a hotkey, hotbutton, or how to memorize a spell is barely on the way to become an enchanter, by having max level, max AA and max achievements. That is a buffmule if even that. Yet a shame if it would be that easy to max out a toon by doing it that way. There is much more an Enchanter should be able to do. Yet this guy, whoever you mean, would have no reason to complain and prove, that playing an enchanter class toon is so easy, that those who complain all the time got no idea :)

One who knows everything about the class, knows how to playy, gets out and groups, raids, knows his spells in and out, and actually has an active play style, wouldnt complain in any matter, because there is no reason to, or do you hear me complaining about anything else, but about those, who complain all the time?

I wouldnt say, you got it.
  3. silku Augur

... blink...

Yeah, gonna go on with my day. Clearly not getting through to you. To the original poster, I hope this thread has helped some. If you have specific questions please ask them and we'll try to give answers that help. As you can see there are so many varied opinions, ranging from chanters are hard, to OMG I'm a deity and if you aren't like me you aren't even an enchanter. Good luck and hope that you stick it out, it's IMHO the best class in EQ and one of the most unique out of MMOs everywhere.
    Sinestra likes this.
  4. Sinestra Augur

This just keeps getting worse and worse.
    Silv and silku like this.
  5. Aelare Journeyman

I have a small suggestion. If LFG doesn't yield any results, maybe just ask if anyone wants to duo. Example: "Enchanter with "such and such merc" looking for a partner with merc to level up with." Since it's sometimes hard to get a full group, start small. You might get more bites just asking for one person. When I don't feel like charming, I do a tank merc and have a partner with a healer merc, then me and the other person do the damage.
  6. Camou the Persistent Augur

It shouldnt be too hard to find a group. The issues start after you have found one mostly - slow group, bad skills, often AFK, false target etc.

EQ is spare time. Fun time. It is a game. If all i gain are troubles and effort in a group, i leave, because there are better ways to get along in EQ. And agree, a duo or trio of players is a damn good solution for fun, action and exp.
  7. Dandin Augur

This thread right here is the primary example Enchanters don't post for help or advice.

You guys can last, 2.. maybe three posts then run into a huge flame argument over who is the better ENC.

Lol. Please. TL;DR?
  8. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Wow, Camou, you're definitely the best at something, though I'm sure it's not playing an Enchanter in EQ.

For instance, any Enchanter that buys all of Spell Casting Subtlety has made a big mistake.
  9. Dandin Augur

I will personally garentee that you are not the best Emchanter Camou.

In fact, I had never heard of your existence until like two threads ago. So, like two weeks. Many others have had their names carved in stone throughout the ages.

The fact that you suddenly proclaim to be the best Enchanter is laughable. Your statement in your signature is proof to that aspect. The fact that you agree with Silv "we can't mezz unlimited mobs"

Your post on the "Spell Line up" thread proves you are utterly dissmissable.

Sure. You have nice gear. I'll give you that. That just means that 51/52 players in your raid know what they are doing.

Two things are possible.
    1. I just ended up on the EQ2 Forums somehow
    2. You suck

*checks the URL*

Proof
    1. You believe in order to be good you need max level and max AA
    Truth. You only need level 90 and about 4000 AAs to unlock the majority of the classes abilities

2.In the Spell line up thread you stated you use Mislead and Wave lines of Mezz
    Truth. Wave line is horrid. And by using mislead you are missing out on one crucial Enchanter staple

3. Your a raider with rank III single cast tash that advocates using the AA.
    Truth. AA line is a weaker version and it doesn't have the chromatic damage mod on it

4. You claim your gods gift to Enchanters and never accept the fact that your not
    Truth. Read last 12 Enchanter threads

5. You think we can't DPS
    Truth. We can. Revisit points 1 - 4 again and check allakazam for a spell you overlooked... For the fourth expansion in a row

In closing. I would like to say. Gear doesn't make the chanter. Period. Because all gear gives you is more time to up.

So if you die In a zone doing the same thing I am

But I have 71K HP -- and I'm doing it successfully
    And you have 90k HP -- and dying:

Which one of us is better ?

TL;DR. If you think your signature is true. You should probably try again.
  10. Sinestra Augur

Oh I'm laughing so hard it hurts after the comment about someone calming down people and demonstrating anything other than how to be condescending.
  11. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

It would be "condescending" if he were right. He's just "pretentious."
    silku and Sinestra like this.
  12. Gladare Augur

Did I just read that someone must suck at their class because you've never heard of them? Seriously?
    Silv and silku like this.
  13. Nylrem Augur

What I interpreted from that comment is that they themselves just started reading caster forums 2 weeks ago. I don't play a chanter, and I've been reading Camou's ramblings for far longer than that.

Oh, I've recently seen a chanter parse over 50k on a raid target (no charmed pet), so, I dunno what it was they got, but they definitely got something for dps.
    silku likes this.
  14. Nylrem Augur

Also, to the OP, 75 to 87/88 is probably about the toughest levels for any class. Essentially, the tank merc no longer has super regen, so can't PL you any more when just molo, and you're too low to get invites to xp groups (which generally start about level 85-88 ish, in Grounds).

Finding a 'nice' high level person that will allow ya to tag along with them with whatever they are doing until you hit 87/88 or so (and skipping all AA until you hit that) would be my suggestion. Many max AA mains completing/camping stuff likely would allow you tag along. Most likely though, this would require at least the current expansions, since that is where most 'max' toons are playing. This game continues to revolve around the social aspect, despite what many believe.

A full group of real, good, dependable players will accomplish just about any task, mission, or quest faster than a boxed group. The key is finding those real, good, dependable players. Many already have their own cliques they group with, but finding one that will accept you when one of them is missing will yield tremendous results in an extremely short amount of time. This is what you should look for in your guild, IMO. Don't ask if they need an enchanter... the answer is probably 'no' unfortunately, very rarely does any group 'need' an enchanter. Ask if you could tag along.

Once people see how nice you are, that you're a conversationalist, that you don't frequently AFK, do what you can within the group, are an 'active' chanter rather than a 'passive' one, most good players will realize you could be 'grown up' and viable, IE useful to them/their group, very soon, and likely will not mind helping you out, getting back into the swing of things.

Also, most players realize this game is losing people, not gaining, so many do go out of their way to try and assist people coming back into the game. Search for these type of people, and let people know you're returning player, lookin for some assistance to be viable, gear up, level up, etc. I think there I more assistance available than some realize... IF you don't then just expect to be invited to a group and then AFK the next hour or so and let others PL you.

I have grouped with several silver toons in Grounds recently while assisting my wife's newest toon doing the daily tasks, but every time when the task/lesson is done and we move on to RoF/CotF tasks, the players I'm assisting have to stay in Grounds because they do not have current expansions.

You still have failed to say what your server is. I would guess several people that read these forums would be willing to personally assist you, if you're on the same server/time they are.

Nylrem of Rathe
  15. Ultrazen Augur

1. Roll free to play wizard on different account
    2. 2 box (can do on same comp), power level your wiz with your chanter to catch wiz up
    3. Dual box wiz and chanter, get tank and healer merc
    4. Dominate 97% of the content
  16. Silv Augur

Oh wow... This thread definitely made my night. I got cited by Dandin by name! :rolleyes:

I'm honestly not sure what comment you're referring to in your post as Camou and myself have agreed on just about nothing ever. I think I actually posted the other day it was rather trivial to mez/lock an indefinite number of mobs? /shrug. I have Chapterhouse Z-axis train screenshots to support it though. Fun times.

And since you wanna use the argument "no one if not known by name" - I have no clue who you are. I do find it rather hilarious that you enjoy touting around "best Enchanter" title. You've basically become the new Camou. You seem very intent on attacking every Enchanter that has regularly posted on the boards for no apparent reason other than to satisfy some need of self-importance. It's a bit sad that you wanna garner such a reputation when you've clearly just come back to the game yourself. Gear from multiple expansions ago, app in a guild, etc. Why make enemies so soon?

On an actual relevant note- Enchanters are definitely good DPS. On raids, myself and other guild Enchanters regularly make top parses. All the time? No way, not with Wizards and other DPS, but in some events, we definitely hit the mark.
    silku likes this.
  17. Dandin Augur

First. I want to state very clearly. I never once said I was the best Enchanter. Ever. All I have ever stated was that I understand the various different play styles of the class, and I know when to use them and why. If you hear that about me. It's because somebody else stated it. Not me.

Second. Your right. My gear is two expansions old. I did retire from raiding for a while. But that has to do with my personal life. And is none of your concern. I stayed in the gear I'm in because the loss of heroics (for me) was too much to warrant a HP mana boost.

I have no issues playing in current content with the gear I'm wearing. And it doesn't effect you in the slightest.

Now if I can do what you can, and you have better gear... What does that say? I obviously know what I'm doing.

When I retired from raiding. I still read the forums, but I largely refrained from posting. Until recently.

I cannot sit by any longer while some enchanters come to this board and post information that isn't accurate.

I don't want to see young enchanters seeking advice coming to this forum, and being told things that are blatantly incorrect

Such as:
    1. Dots are still viable (wrong)
    2. It's better to use Geomantra (wrong)
    3. The best haste to use is Wonderous Rapidity (wrong, it should be used WITH the new haste)

The list goes on. People complain constantly that there isn't a high enough volume of Chanter mains these days. The reason largely is that they are getting discouraged by trying to get to the high end, and trying stuff that is blantanly wrong.

I don't have a god complex. I want to see REAL True to life data that actually helps the Chanter class.
  18. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Enchanters aren't saying those things. You twist what they do say when you accuse them of that.

1. While nuking is generally better, DoTs are more damage on a "per cast" basis when there isn't time, or availability to do The Dandin Mindfire MethodTM of using Chaotic Confounding in the most obvious way possible that only Dandin could ever have thought up and nobody did before him. Also, Confounding Constriction is a nice combination debuff and DoT which I use almost every day. To say DoTs are not viable without caveats is doing the exact thing you accuse others of!

2. Nobody really says that except when non-enchanters want the convenience of brainlessly buffing themselves.

3. Another thing nobody really says/means.
    silku likes this.
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

Dear Lord, you Chanters squabble a lot amongst yourselves!
    Thanks the Cods that only one enchanter per group is required!
    :D
    -Rat
  20. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Give me a 2nd Enchanter in the group, and we'll break the game. The beam groups will be crying that they can't get XP like that, the healer and tank classes will lament that they're useless, and everyone else is just along for the ride!