Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Elricvonclief Augur

We 3 way split raided this Sunday, 0 augs... :(
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Jaerlyn Augur

Tell your tanks to get off their butts and go get the Soul of the Grandmaster, in PoW. If people put the effort into it, EVERYONE can get hunter, which also offers CoP 4, as well.
    Coldfury and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Thancra Loladin

It's a bit too late for this to be cursor loot but why not making the raid permanently available, like PoWar, with maybe a slight increase in the drop rate.
  4. Edrick Augur

Why?

It's active for a month, has a three day lockout, and is a very easy encounter. That is already a lot more generous, initially it was a standard duration lockout and they planned to only have the zones revamped for two weeks.
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

Why? Because with all the nerfing going on, every Tank needs this Aug now. :p
    -R
  6. Thancra Loladin

It doesn't matter how easy it is once you have the lock out and the aug didn't drop, no matter how hard it was to beat it or not, you still don't have the aug available. While you have a better shot at getting the aug over a longer duration, it doesn't guarantee it will ever drop (yes, most likely, it will over that period, nothing guaranteed). I don't see the need of something chased only because you're unlucky at a time period, the raid being easy is another story and you may debate having this augment on such an easy encounter, the point remains you can't reliably expect to get one of the best AC aug out there no matter how hard you try, if you're out of the correct time period and out of luck, no matter how hard you try, you won't get it.
  7. Kamea Augur

That certainly is not the case with raid augs.

They stopped putting augs on 'real' raids in SOF. From SOF's anniversary raids (2008) until the TOFS anniversary raid (2012), every raid aug was from a) a temporary event and b) pretty much everyone could easily get one if they did the event at least twice. Granted, some of the original anniversary raids could be somewhat difficult/long if you wanted an aug with max stats.

In TOFS they switched to a system where everyone could get 1 aug from the ach, and had to loot the 2nd. But the TOFS augs were a lot more common than the naggy ones. My guild got 16 soul gems in the 2012 TOFS run, for example... compared to 7 naggy augs in the original 2013 naggy raid (that's including split raiding, and from what i read in this thread, that drop rate is pretty lucky.)

In other words, your perception that the way Red Dragon Scale is consistent with recent loot dropping precedent is wrong.

===================

People who say this aug shouldn't be cursor loot do have some valid points. I think this would be a good middle ground for this raid, powar, and future aug dropping events.

My suggestion: Make an achievement system that acts as an alternative to currency for non-expansion events.

Standard expansion events allows everyone to get (almost) any loot they want eventually if they do it enough times. With these events, they could make an achievement where if you beat the event (for example) 5 times, you get to pick any item from the loot table for free. This would allow everyone to feel like they're getting rewarded for their effort w/o dumping loot for free on everyone.... and would be consistent with the free ach loot from some past temporary raids.

===================

(This is in not aimed at Sheaffer) There are a lot of stupid posts in this thread. Some of them makes me wish there was a dislike button.
    FawnTemplar and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Gochan Journeyman

All this being said another go at Naggy raids last night, last year and this year to date, we STILL HAVE NOT SEEN AN AUG DROP!

Goch
  9. SaderakhBertox Augur

4 kills, 3 augs so far this year. Interestingly... I have been trying to get hit by Naggy's AOE and it doesn't seem to be going off, despite the emote. Broken or changed?
  10. Orbital101 Augur

I was doing as good without it as should everyone else...
  11. Zantor Augur

Are people still beating this dead horse?
  12. lumin Elder

We hit this last night and one dropped
  13. Gochan Journeyman

Split raid this last week, down all of them, still no augs. Tween last year and this year 0-20 ish! No Augs.

Goch
  14. Viltaire Augur

As much as I hate to say it, yeah I think this probably should have been cursor loot. Unfortunately it isn't and that's how it goes.
  15. Gochan Journeyman

At this point I have to agree, twice more last night, still no aug, it's crazy, 0 for 22 !

Goch
  16. Gochan Journeyman

Beating a dead horse yeah I know. 2 splits and 4 more tries this week, and guess what? Still no augs! and approaching 30 attempts spanning 2 years.

Goch
    Viltaire likes this.
  17. Deillusional Augur

We got 2 last year, 7 so far last year go figure :)
  18. FawnTemplar Augur

This. Please. What an awesome freaking idea.
  19. Orbital101 Augur

Usually tanks are off there butts for it is everything else that run away from powar. Ihad to box multiple toon(18)to make sure i had at leest 6 real players in while i 3 boxed the GM :p
  20. Voth Elder

There's another issue here that nobody seems to have mentioned. Even if you four way split the raid every lockout and have incredible luck and get every tank an aug, there are still three other archtypes that would like to have the it.

Just like how everyone got one in Tower of Frozen Shadow.
    Just like how everyone got one in Robots.
    Just like how everyone got one in Dragons.
    Just like how everyone got one in Giants.

I know I'd like one, but even as someone who dictates the loot rules in my guild, this drop is always going to a tank.